• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your Feelings About Tuesday Nov 8th 2016

Right now I feel:

• scared crapless

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • apprehensive

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • nervous

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • enthusiastic

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • jubilent

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • meh - not feeling anything really

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • what happens Tuesday?

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • all depends on who wins really

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • numb

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • like I'm living in a nightmare

Votes: 27 30.3%

• Total voters
No mortal can see one hour into the Future.

Everyone has one vote. I made mine weeks ago. Since I no longer have any control over said vote, I have no more say in the process. What happens, happens.

I voted for the first time in my life today, I've been eligible since 1983. Why? Using the turmoil in Europe as a model of things to come to the US if we keep having effectively open borders, I felt compelled to vote for Trump. Not only the "grant amnesty every dozen years or so while promising to tighten border security" that we've seen the last 50 years, but now people want to import more people with next to no vetting and no demonstrable willingness to assimilate into our culture. Continuing on such a path is cultural suicide, and represents an existential threat.

If one is to believe the polls, then Clinton is a lock. I fully understand that, and realize my vote will have no effect. However, for the first time, I could not sit idly by without chipping in my ballot. Sure, it very well may in a losing cause, and the decline of the West is inexorable, but the least I can do to try to stem the tide is mark a piece of paper.

When i voted, it felt like relief- how i imagine finally passing a kidney stone might feel.

John Kasich 2020!

To be honest, I have absolutely zero faith in Republican voters. The stupid idiots had polls right in front of their eyes showing that John Kasich had the best chance of all primary candidates at winning the presidential election and yet they ignored that in order to elect someone who was anti-establishment to shake up Washington. Electing an anti-establishment candidate was more important to them than actually winning the presidency. Stupid fools. In the end, Ronald McDonald could have beaten Hillary but we didn't have a candidate as good as Ronald McDonald. I wouldn't bet on Kasich even running in 2020 and, even if he does, the far right nut jobs will be out in full force saying that we lost with moderates McCain and Romney, we lost with the anti-establishment Trump, we need a far right wing nutjob like Ted Cruz to be our nominee (of course they would not put it in those exact words). I wouldn't bet a wooden nickel on who the idiot Republican voters elect in 2020 but Ronald McDonald should be given careful consideration.

Worried.

Looking forward to finally knowing for sure who is going to be ****ing me over for the next 4 years.

:laughat:

I'm looking forward to seeing that xenophobic bigot Trump and the Alt-Right get their butts handed to them.

They'll be crying the blues for the next 8 years but it will have no more effect on reality than it has for the last 8 years with Obama in office.

:lol:

Wait and see.... :lamo :2rofll: :sinking:

Tired, I'm working on 2 hours of sleep-have a shooting match this morning and a squash game tonight-

I am happy the GOP will pick supreme court justices rather than the DNC. I am happy watching so many Hillary fans in the Press looking like their intestines are digesting themselves. And I am thinking the GOP best get their S together or they are going to have this happen to them in 4 years

Tired, I'm working on 2 hours of sleep-have a shooting match this morning and a squash game tonight-

I am happy the GOP will pick supreme court justices rather than the DNC. I am happy watching so many Hillary fans in the Press looking like their intestines are digesting themselves. And I am thinking the GOP best get their S together or they are going to have this happen to them in 4 years

Congratulations, Turtle. Looks like the anti-estabishment movement won big today.

At least I can look forward to Trump skits on SNL.

I'm not your Mum and I'm young enough to be your daughter so no nagging from me other than to say take care and drink lots of coffee!

Congratulations, Turtle. Looks like the anti-estabishment movement won big today.

At least I can look forward to Trump skits on SNL.

My main happiness is the Supreme Court.

To be honest, I have absolutely zero faith in Republican voters. The stupid idiots had polls right in front of their eyes showing that John Kasich had the best chance of all primary candidates at winning the presidential election and yet they ignored that in order to elect someone who was anti-establishment to shake up Washington. Electing an anti-establishment candidate was more important to them than actually winning the presidency. Stupid fools. In the end, Ronald McDonald could have beaten Hillary but we didn't have a candidate as good as Ronald McDonald. I wouldn't bet on Kasich even running in 2020 and, even if he does, the far right nut jobs will be out in full force saying that we lost with moderates McCain and Romney, we lost with the anti-establishment Trump, we need a far right wing nutjob like Ted Cruz to be our nominee (of course they would not put it in those exact words). I wouldn't bet a wooden nickel on who the idiot Republican voters elect in 2020 but Ronald McDonald should be given careful consideration.

So according to you, we need to water down our politics so that it is more palatable for all.....NO

Trump won because the American people were fed up with the status quo

Look at the demographics that elected him....look at how many rural voters came out of the weeds to make sure their voice got heard

There is a lot of anger in our great country right now....last nights results are the first in many messages that the people have sent saying enough is enough

And you want to go right back to a candidate like Kasich the morning after....

Might want to think about that just a bit more imo

How do I feel?

Like rational thought just got kicked in the teeth. The triumph of religion over science. The triumph of ignorance over academic excellence. Pathetic.

I'm not your Mum and I'm young enough to be your daughter so no nagging from me other than to say take care and drink lots of coffee!

Thanks Serenity, hitting the mountain dew (which I did too much in law school)

I'm ashamed to be an American, today.

How do I feel?

Like rational thought just got kicked in the teeth. The triumph of religion over science. The triumph of ignorance over academic excellence. Pathetic.

I think that you have just illuminated the problem. The American people just rejected that sort of arrogance and intolerance.

Let's just hope that the new broom sweeps clean. The US downward economic spiral can not be saved by giving more money to the one tenth of one percent. Hopefully, Trump can put together a cadre of patriots willing to work in the best interests of the people, the common people. Although they be not the movers and shakers, they are the core of our democracy and they have been forgotten by the quick buck Corporate hierarchy. I hopw he realizes how insidious the creep of powerful Intelligence Agencies into the operating levers of government is and can address that issue. It is difficult to take away power after it is established, especially when it is covert. If you think prayer works, this would be a good occasion to use it. Pray for a successful administration because we know the candidates are Patriots and just need good counsel. People cheerleading for wars are not good counsel.

I think that you have just illuminated the problem. The American people just rejected that sort of arrogance and intolerance.

That people reject those ideals as arrogant and intolerant is what is pathetically disturbing. When academia looses out to the undereducated we have a problem...A very deep, serious problem.

Let's just hope that the new broom sweeps clean. The US downward economic spiral can not be saved by giving more money to the one tenth of one percent. Hopefully, Trump can put together a cadre of patriots willing to work in the best interests of the people, the common people. Although they be not the movers and shakers, they are the core of our democracy and they have been forgotten by the quick buck Corporate hierarchy. I hopw he realizes how insidious the creep of powerful Intelligence Agencies into the operating levers of government is and can address that issue. It is difficult to take away power after it is established, especially when it is covert. If you think prayer works, this would be a good occasion to use it. Pray for a successful administration because we know the candidates are Patriots and just need good counsel. People cheerleading for wars are not good counsel.

There will be no clean sweep. What just happened will fully enable the Republican agenda. 100%

Back
Top Bottom