• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You Want a Confederate Monument? My Body Is a Confederate Monument (1 Viewer)

The context in this scenario is a slave and a slave owner, not black people raping white people.

So the slave raped the slave owner?

And people wonder why the MeToo movement is so difficult to move forward in society? Or why it's necessary?

Not only do so many choose to believe it's more likely the woman is at fault, now we have them excusing slave owners and proposing that female slaves were raping them. Or even coming on to them. THAT's what they prefer as a narrative.

White males? Victims. :roll:

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Do you believe that everytime a white and a black had sex it was sn act of rape?
For all you know she has it completely backwards and it was the black who raped the white person. You dont even know that whatever occurred happened between a slave and a slave owner.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Do I believe it was rape every time? No, of course not. Thinking reasonably, I can imagine a slave consenting to sex thinking it might lead to better treatment, a job in the "big house". And maybe her child could stay with her rather than being sold off.
And why the "every time" qualifier? And lastly, no I don't know know every last thing that occurred between a slave and a slave owner. But I do know who held the whip.

They reason the South made sex between the races illegal is that slave owners often didn't want to see their children enslaved and slave owners would try to free their children.

English common law had always made the father the legal blood line - that is, whatever the father was, the kid was. We changed it to the mother to accommodate slavery.

Do I believe it was rape every time? No, of course not. Thinking reasonably, I can imagine a slave consenting to sex thinking it might lead to better treatment, a job in the "big house". And maybe her child could stay with her rather than being sold off.
And why the "every time" qualifier? And lastly, no I don't know know every last thing that occurred between a slave and a slave owner. But I do know who held the whip.
Because the assumption being made in this thread is that woman is a descendant of rape. That assumption relies on the assumption that everytime an interracial sexual act occurred back then, it was nonconsensual.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Excellent read.

I don’t just come from the South. I come from Confederates. I’ve got rebel-gray blue blood coursing my veins. My great-grandfather Will was raised with the knowledge that Edmund Pettus was his father. Pettus, the storied Confederate general, the grand dragon of the Ku Klux Klan, the man for whom Selma’s Bloody Sunday Bridge is named.

Poor woman. Imaging having that nasty bloodline.
its sad. the hate filled people

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom