• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You gotta' love the republicans

gaslighting the new leftist buzz word when they can't actually handle
a topic or discussion.

right up there with whataboutism and every other buzzword term they use.

Its short hand for pointing out when they are being lied to by being presented with unreality.

what's funny is your response is an example of gaslighting

Last edited:
Hi!

Thank you for taking time to comment.

Speaking only for myself, I'm fully aware that each moniker on this forum stands for a real, living, breathing human being. I respect the person behind the screen name, and take pains to be sure that what I post is as accurate and true as I can make it.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Not to mention that while I often agree with bongsaway he's wrong about Trump. He does wipe his ass everyday with his supporters.

Lol. You mean in what contempt do they hold their audience. Trump wouldn't wipe his arse with one of his supporters.
No, he asks them to wipe it for him. It's a big job, if you know what I mean.

Hi!

Thank you for taking time to comment.

Speaking only for myself, I'm fully aware that each moniker on this forum stands for a real, living, breathing human being. I respect the person behind the screen name, and take pains to be sure that what I post is as accurate and true as I can make it.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.
With respect, I'm not sure that your post is actually true. The monikers are avatars for human beings, but do not necessarily represent the actual performer dictating the content. There are a number of posters for whom I have no respect whatever, nor do I believe I should, the views presented being so vile, dishonest or antisocial. Nonetheless, I, like you, "take pains to be sure that what I post is as accurate and true as I can make it." But that is a consequence of self-respect and respect for the honest and rational individuals who do the same. These others can pound sand in obscurity.

Regards and stay well.

confirmation bias is alive and well.
even though those same media outlets get proved wrong.

that is called ignorance.

I have to say the one thing I admire about republicans is how they take both sides of an issue with a straight face. So five outlets all saying the same thing is confirmation bias, there's no way it could possibly be accurate because it's the mainstream media. Your leadership has done a wonderful job of misleading the base so much, you now question everything. I guess it helps to sell fear to you guys.

You don't care about polls unless they are positive for trump.
You still treat covid like it's acceptable to have a hundred and eighty thousand dead and counting and the virus is still raging and say trump is doing a great job.
The healthcare he promised to unveil august the first, still waiting. Didn't trump tell us last year january the first the gop was going to be the party of healthcare?
Deficit going up,up, up.
The religious right loses another leader due to a sexual scandal and pays ten million to get rid of the offender, praise god.
And now our president wants to do away with payroll taxes. Hope all you younger republicans aren't counting on getting any social security or medicare when you get older.

What's not to like? Vote republican to stop the monster dems.

From what I've heard and read of the speeches at the Republican convention thus far, I humbly suggest a new acronym: TNTC. It can be applied to the erroneous statements. It stands for Too Numerous To Count.

That said, I've wondered about something regarding those speeches and those falsehoods. The speeches are pre-written, often with professional speechwriters available to assist. There's time to check each statement for accuracy and change those which are questionable. Those giving the speeches know, a priori, that falsehoods will be flagged.

So what am I wondering about? It's this: in what regard do they hold their audience?

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.
I wholly endorse these comments, but would expand them to numerous posters who populate these threads. They know, a priori, that what they are posting is blatantly untrue, so what does that say about their regard for us as fellow denizens of DP?

Four years of dishonest, unfair, unjust, and hateful bashing of Trump by the leftist democrat supporters in the media?

Four years of dishonest, unfair, unjust praise and admiration of Trump by his loyal cult following that has never nor will ever assign accountability to him. You know, President

" No, I don’t take responsibility at all"

Karma baby. What goes around comes around.

Cops good. Democratic jack-booted biased police enforcers bad.

You are so predictable.

One thing I have always admired about Christians is that they are not hateful vengeful disgruntled fiends. That cannot be said about the vengeful enemies of God and good.

One thing I have always admired about Christians is that they are not hateful vengeful disgruntled fiends. That cannot be said about the vengeful enemies of God and good.

Yeah, all I can picture is trump holding up a bible for all to see in front of a church, upside down. He is the most vile, petty, vengeful, hateful christian I've ever seen. If he's a christian I'm a god.

Four years of dishonest, unfair, unjust praise and admiration of Trump by his loyal cult following that has never nor will ever assign accountability to him. You know, President

" No, I don’t take responsibility at all"

Hillary blamed her loss on Trump collusion with Russians. That was a lie. Leftist democrats blame the COVID deaths in NY on Trump. That is a lie. Dishonest democrats claim Trump has done nothing to help anyone in America but the rich and the white. That is a damnable lie. America is being torn to shreds by democrat fiends out to trash the country in order to blame Trump.

Yeah, all I can picture is trump holding up a bible for all to see in front of a church, upside down. He is the most vile, petty, vengeful, hateful christian I've ever seen. If he's a christian I'm a god.

I have no idea why democrats think it is wrong for Trump to hold a Bible but not wrong for democrats to preach from the pulpits of black churches on campaign trips.

I have no idea why democrats think it is wrong for Trump to hold a Bible but not wrong for democrats to preach from the pulpits of black churches on campaign trips.

Holding a bible is fine, gassing people in order to get to the photo-op is not.

How about you marke, do you think trump is a good christian?

Hillary blamed her loss on Trump collusion with Russians. That was a lie. Leftist democrats blame the COVID deaths in NY on Trump. That is a lie. Dishonest democrats claim Trump has done nothing to help anyone in America but the rich and the white. That is a damnable lie. America is being torn to shreds by democrat fiends out to trash the country in order to blame Trump.

You support a man that has taken responsibility for nothing his whole life. A man that couldn't be bothered to take his own SAT's, He had to cheat and have someone else take them. Trump is a high functioning sociopath likely with a learning disability and a drug addiction. His run for the presidency was nothing but a means to feed his own narcissism and ego and he never expected to win. Trump isn't qualified to organize a one car funeral let alone run a country. All winning the presidency did was give a child the keys to a candy store. Trump has always been human trash. Ask any lifelong resident of NY that lived there in the late 70's and throughout the 80's. And the way it's going, whenever and however he leaves office, he will along with his children will likely be seeing the inside of a courtroom.

Press isn't free when all it reports is propaganda, lies, distortions and outright lies.

Yes, they report on trumps lies, distortions, and propaganda and outright lies . That's the job.

With respect, I'm not sure that your post is actually true. The monikers are avatars for human beings, but do not necessarily represent the actual performer dictating the content. There are a number of posters for whom I have no respect whatever, nor do I believe I should, the views presented being so vile, dishonest or antisocial. Nonetheless, I, like you, "take pains to be sure that what I post is as accurate and true as I can make it." But that is a consequence of self-respect and respect for the honest and rational individuals who do the same. These others can pound sand in obscurity.

Regards and stay well.

Hi!

Thanks for the response.

I try hard to divorce the view expressed from the person expressing it. At times, it ain't all that easy, and that's the truth.

There are some, at this point numbering 27, whose posts were such that I simply no longer wished to read them nor communicate further with the posters. This site has a way to deal with that, and I do.

Regards, best to you and yours.

I have to say the one thing I admire about republicans is how they take both sides of an issue with a straight face. So five outlets all saying the same thing is confirmation bias, there's no way it could possibly be accurate because it's the mainstream media. Your leadership has done a wonderful job of misleading the base so much, you now question everything. I guess it helps to sell fear to you guys.

misinformation repeated over again is still misinformation. Your 5 news outlets can all run the same story if they want. If that story is proven false later it means that their story was false.
Ignoring this fact and continuing to harp that the story was correct is called ignorance. The only reason that you believe it is because they agree with you.
That is called confirmation bias.

You don't care about polls unless they are positive for trump.

No i honestly don't care what 1000 people say. That is their opinion. If you look at most of the polling data they are heavily weighted in favor of democrats
so the polls are heavily skewed and biased. I will wait for counted votes vs polls. Unless you are another one of those people that think poll is more accurate than actual counted votes.
if that is your case I will just have to laugh.

You still treat covid like it's acceptable to have a hundred and eighty thousand dead and counting and the virus is still raging and say trump is doing a great job.

No i treat covid as an unleashed disaster by a corrupt government that attempted to hide just how bad it was. I also blame WHO for covering up their catastrophic release of the virus.
I don't see your pathetic attempt to direct any anger of the virus at the people responsible for it. I also don't see anywhere in your partisan hackery of democrats early on doing everything
they could to continue the spread of it either. So we can dismiss this argument out right as more faux outrage.

The healthcare he promised to unveil august the first, still waiting. Didn't trump tell us last year january the first the gop was going to be the party of healthcare?
Deficit going up,up, up.

yep I am a bit upset over the fact that we have no found a better solution to healthcare when there is already one out there that is way cheaper than our current model
and very much opens out the medical industry to free market forces which drives costs downward not upward.

Yep i am not happy about the deficit either i wasn't under obama and I am not now. I have always maintained that the government spends way way too much money.
HOwever you on the other hand should have no issue with the deficit. So just more faux outrage from you. dismissed.

And now our president wants to do away with payroll taxes. Hope all you younger republicans aren't counting on getting any social security or medicare when you get older.

Honestly I agree. payroll taxes are hugely recessive on working families. Honestly there is a better way to do this than payroll taxes.
then again i think the entire SS system is broken and was designed broken from the beginning.
that is what happens when you run a ponzi scheme though.

What's not to like? Vote republican to stop the monster dems.

Democrats have now finally revealed who they really are.
no sane person or rational person for that matter would ever vote for one.

Hi!

Thanks for the response.

I try hard to divorce the view expressed from the person expressing it. At times, it ain't all that easy, and that's the truth.

There are some, at this point numbering 27, whose posts were such that I simply no longer wished to read them nor communicate further with the posters. This site has a way to deal with that, and I do.

Regards, best to you and yours.
I, too, make liberal use of the "function that shall not be named." I occasionally make the mistake of responding - usually when I am quoted - but, invariably, that is a mistake, acknowledging their existence.

I once had an argument with my sister: We were leaving a performance in Forest Park, in St. Louis, when several people cut through the line of cars leaving the park, although most people were just alternating, politely, allowing cars in one at a time. I said, "I hate people that do that!" My sister, being more polite and an English major, said, "what you mean is, 'you hate when people do that'." I thought about that, then I responded: "No, actually, I do dislike people who do that, because they are, by nature, impolite and inconsiderate, traits that I find repulsive." ;)

In the same way, people that are willing to post some of the garbage that they do here undoubtedly harbor the very traits that they espouse here - racism, misogyny, xenophobia, etc. - and those traits are repulsive to me. Although "hate" may be, as my sister pointed out, too strong a word, I have never been sanguine enough to believe in the hypocritical aphorism, "Hate the sin, not the sinner." No, someone who says, believes, and does such things is reprehensible. I reprehend them.

Be well, and stay safe.

You support a man that has taken responsibility for nothing his whole life. A man that couldn't be bothered to take his own SAT's, He had to cheat and have someone else take them. Trump is a high functioning sociopath likely with a learning disability and a drug addiction. His run for the presidency was nothing but a means to feed his own narcissism and ego and he never expected to win. Trump isn't qualified to organize a one car funeral let alone run a country. All winning the presidency did was give a child the keys to a candy store. Trump has always been human trash. Ask any lifelong resident of NY that lived there in the late 70's and throughout the 80's. And the way it's going, whenever and however he leaves office, he will along with his children will likely be seeing the inside of a courtroom.

My only quibble with your excellent post was your use of the phrase "high functioning".

When five news outlets all report the same thing, I tend to believe them.
All using same sources and all working for the same objectives - you're a very wise man*

*:no:

Deranged followers of Hitler thought he was a God and Jews were devils. That is how the deranged barbarian mind works.

Holding a bible is fine, gassing people in order to get to the photo-op is not.

The 'peaceful' protesting arsonists who refused to back away from security zones around the White House still blame trump because the DC police had to gas them to get them to back away from the church so firemen could enter and put out their fire.

How about you marke, do you think trump is a good christian?

No, Trump is a friend of Christians and Christian values, unlike 'wall of separation between God and their politics' democrat candidates.

Back
Top Bottom