• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Software upgrade

RedAkston

Master of Shenanigans
Administrator
Dungeon Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Post any issues you may be experiencing here for us to look into.

We are aware of the Contact Us feature not working as designed. We do get the notifications but it gives you an option to enter it again after submitting from the pop-up window. We will be looking into this.

I guess fixing 'Awards' > 'Your Awards' wasn't a priority. Maybe next time.

I guess fixing 'Awards' > 'Your Awards' wasn't a priority. Maybe next time.
That wasn't part of this update. It is on our list though.

Post any issues you may be experiencing here for us to look into.

We are aware of the Contact Us feature not working as designed. We do get the notifications but it gives you an option to enter it again after submitting from the pop-up window. We will be looking into this.
The biggest thing I don't like is if I go to reply quote someone, then don't, the next time I use reply option the previous quote remains. There is a cancel option for editing. How about adding a cancel option for replies so the quotes don't remain. The quote staying there does have positive aspects. I wouldn't ask to stop that part of it. Just to be able to cancel it.

The software is so good it makes me spend too much time here.

Fix that.

The biggest thing I don't like is if I go to reply quote someone, then don't, the next time I use reply option the previous quote remains. There is a cancel option for editing. How about adding a cancel option for replies so the quotes don't remain. The quote staying there does have positive aspects. I wouldn't ask to stop that part of it. Just to be able to cancel it.
This is something I requested almost a year ago. The developers don't seem to care which is a shame.

Well, that is something that I'm glad I caught when we first changed. There has been an incident where I started to reply to someone in rather terse terms. Then I decided not to post it. Then when I responded to someone else, it was above what I just typed, and I posted it. I had to go back and edit it out.

I may have done just that without noticing at times.

This is something I requested almost a year ago. The developers don't seem to care which is a shame.
If the developers don't care, time to look for another platform. Right?

If the developers don't care, time to look for another platform. Right?
Um, no. xF is the absolute best forum software out there and by a large margin.

The absence of being able to cancel a post is annoying but the other benefits that come with the software far outweigh this.

The absence of being able to cancel a post is annoying but the other benefits that come with the software far outweigh this.
From a front-end-user standpoint, I heartily disagree. My experience with both vBulletin and phpBB forums are both superior to XenForo. Again, this is from a user standpoint. Maybe it does your taxes and gives you free handies on the backend, I dunno. Until I get those goodies too, XenForo will rank slightly better than EZBoard because it lets you multi-quote, but well below other software.

From a front-end-user standpoint, I heartily disagree. My experience with both vBulletin and phpBB forums are both superior to XenForo. Again, this is from a user standpoint. Maybe it does your taxes and gives you free handies on the backend, I dunno. Until I get those goodies too, XenForo will rank slightly better than EZBoard because it lets you multi-quote, but well below other software.
I agree with you. The user interface is the worse I have ever used.

This is new. Spoilering the image because of its location.
Screenshot_20210726-104715_Edge.jpg
Wrote a post, posted the post, the post posted, but it also stayed in my text editor.

When the site went down Sunday for maintenance, what is the Cliff Notes edition of what took place?

What's going on here? Post is blurred but is also clickable to make it appear normally. Effect is reversible - I can click it again to reblur. Doesn't happen in any other post that I've noticed.
Capture.JPG

What's going on here? Post is blurred but is also clickable to make it appear normally. Effect is reversible - I can click it again to reblur. Doesn't happen in any other post that I've noticed.
View attachment 67345025
That's an inline spoiler, [ISPOILER ] blurred text [/ISPOILER ] without the spaces looks like this: blurred text

Face it, Red, you and DP have managed to become all things to all people and we have expectations!

When the site went down Sunday for maintenance, what is the Cliff Notes edition of what took place?
New hamsters.

Or better known as software updates with a few tweaks.

Back
Top Bottom