• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you give up a significant amount of your first world comfort to elevate the rest of the world?

Would you give up your comfort for equality?

• Total voters

dex4974

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
Some people seem like they will never be satisfied with the world because things are unequal. How many of us here on this forum are benefiting unequally from the first world? I know I am.

No, but the corporate-fascist international plutocrats are going to use their Democratic employees in their political offices department of their USA division of the world they control to make it happen.

....the accident of where one is born......

Some people seem like they will never be satisfied with the world because things are unequal. How many of us here on this forum are benefiting unequally from the first world? I know I am.

The premise of the question is wrong. It is not a zero-sum game. For example, since 1978, 850 million Chinese have been lifted out of poverty. Has your standard of living declined as a result?

No, but the corporate-fascist international plutocrats are going to use their Democratic employees in their political offices department of their USA division of the world they control to make it happen.

From a completely objective standpoint that is probably best for the growth of humanity.

The premise of the question is wrong. It is not a zero-sum game. For example, since 1978, 850 million Chinese have been lifted out of poverty. Has your standard of living declined as a result?

So it's impossible for us to contribute to the growth of the world to the extent that it hinders our own comfort?

Given that I have some degree of empathy, the answer is yes.

While I am not a very religious person...it would seem to me that God would like to see us try to live up to the example of his son Jesus.

Given that I am living during a pandemic and am currently unemployed (I am looking for a job, and no, I never got the $1200 nor was I unemployed when unemployment was at $600, what I am getting is half that) which has either taken things away from me or forced me to a different standard of living where I have given up quite a few luxuries...and still lead a relatively good life...the answer was a pretty easy yes.

Especially knowing that there are people who have to worry about the basics like...clean water...even without our comforts, our lives are darn good when you look at it that way.

The standard of living for Americans has radically declined and will continue to. Of course, you as a white privileged old white man on fixed income are safe.

Most people said no. ****ing westerners. I am ashamed to live in Canada or any western country.

Given that I have some degree of empathy, the answer is yes.

While I am not a very religious person...it would seem to me that God would like to see us try to live up to the example of his son Jesus.

Given that I am living during a pandemic and am currently unemployed (I am looking for a job, and no, I never got the $1200 nor was I unemployed when unemployment was at $600, what I am getting is half that) which has either taken things away from me or forced me to a different standard of living where I have given up quite a few luxuries...and still lead a relatively good life...the answer was a pretty easy yes.

Especially knowing that there are people who have to worry about the basics like...clean water...even without our comforts, our lives are darn good when you look at it that way.
99% of humans are psychopaths.

Anyone who said "no" is my sworn enemy.

Great question to ask on veterans day. So many have given all to elevate those in distant lands without an American interest.

Most people said no. ****ing westerners. I am ashamed to live in Canada or any western country.
What kind of person persists in shameful behaviour?

I am ashamed to live a life-stile built on the backs of slaves and foreigners.

No one forces you to. Why don't you limit your life style to one you believe you are rightly allowed to have but for slaves and foreigners?

I agree that all foreign slave made and otherwise foreign made products should banned or with huge punitive tariffs and that foreigners also be banned from the USA.

The standard of living for Americans has radically declined and will continue to. Of course, you as a white privileged old white man on fixed income are safe.

That's not what you Trump supporters have said, this has been the NEW GOLDEN AGE according to you all so much you even wanted to elect Trump again. You've just got sour grapes your piss ant Trump lost. Good you deserve it. I love watching Trump supporters suffer in their agonizing reality that Biden will be president.

From when to when

Consumer electronics have become dramatically cheaper, for vastly higher quality and performance. Vehicles have gotten more expensive but are safer and faster than vehicles in the past (no one wants the cheap new vehicles like they did in the past, see the low sales of the Honda Fit and other small vehicles vs small cars in the 70s and 80s. The modern Accord is much bigger than the Accord in the early 80s, heck the Civic is bigger than the 80s Accord

The biggest difference is in savings, people do not save nearly as much as they did in the 80s

Another worthless bullshit 💩 post.

No one forces you to. Why don't you limit your life style to one you believe you are rightly allowed to have but for slaves and foreigners?

I agree that all foreign slave made and otherwise foreign made products should banned or with huge punitive tariffs and that foreigners also be banned from the USA.
People who generate bullshit💩 posts should be banned.

Quit your whining and love your fellow man you little shit.

Back
Top Bottom