• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would the Supreme Court eliminating the Affordable Care Act be a "big win for the USA"?

Would the Supreme Court eliminating the Affordable Care Act be a "big win for the USA"?

• Total voters
You might be interested to know that...
I don't give a damn what other sh*thole nations have. What they don't have is the US Constitution, and that is all that matters. The Supreme Law of the Land prohibits the federal government from involving itself in our healthcare. End of story.

So it doesn't matter what scheme/scam you want to employ, it is illegal at the federal level. Only the States have the constitutional authority to involve themselves in our healthcare.

Since the foundation of Obamacare was based on Republican ideas, I'm skeptical that there will be anything AS good -- much less better. While it's always important remember that Republicans have consistently bad ideas, it should be mentioned that Republicans also have no NEW ideas. The GOP is where ideas and ideology go to die. No one knows what the Republican party stands for anymore, besides 'owning the libs'.
Except it wasn't based on republican ideas. This myth has been busted more times than i can count.
So either you still don't know what you are talking about or you are lying about it.

so which is it?

I don't give a damn what other sh*thole nations have. What they don't have is the US Constitution, and that is all that matters. The Supreme Law of the Land prohibits the federal government from involving itself in our healthcare. End of story.

So it doesn't matter what scheme/scam you want to employ, it is illegal at the federal level. Only the States have the constitutional authority to involve themselves in our healthcare.
You would think that but Roberts unconstitutionally re-wrote the constitution giving more power to the federal government than any other judge in history.
With his last ruling Roberts basically said the Federal Government has the authority to make you buy any product or service it wants to and tax you if you don't comply
with their demands.

Roberts has been an utter disaster as chief justice. I don't know what he ran on or how he conned his way as a conservative justice but his rulings so far have been anything but
conservative.

Except it wasn't based on republican ideas. This myth has been busted more times than i can count.

The myth that there are Republican ideas on health care just won't die.

facts do not care about your feelings.
the ACA was not based on any republican idea.

It was based on 1 nut job who was a republican in which NO ONE SUPPORTED the bill.
that is not being based on republican ideas.

If you want to say it was based on the Heritage Foundation. The person that wrote that suggestion said
that is not correct either.

So once again facts trump what you think or say not that you care. You will continue to repeat the same wrong information again
and again.

So i thought leftist hated lies so why are you doing it?

Trump helpfully reminds the voters this morning he's going to court the week after the election to ask the Supreme Court to eliminate the entire Affordable Care Act. Things like pre-existing condition protections, tax credits to help people afford premiums, Medicaid expansion, Medicare reforms, funds for training health care providers and investing in public health, all gone.

Is he right that winding the clock back a decade plus would be a "big win" for the U.S.?

Trump says elimination of Obamacare would be a ‘win for the USA’
Eliminating ACA doesn't mean people with pre-existing conditions won't be covered. Of course, some capitalist GOPs will have to be on board for a heath care that will actually be affordable (and not be the ACA which isn't affordable to some people).

You need to ask Trump. He knows what to do more than gung-ho capitalist GOPs, IMO. The gov't should carve out some Medicaid provisions for people with pre-existing conditions, IMO.

You need to ask Trump. He knows what to do more than gung-ho capitalist GOPs, IMO. The gov't should carve out some Medicaid provisions for people with pre-existing conditions, IMO.

People have been asking Trump since he started running for president five years ago. Still no health plan from him.

You would think that but Roberts unconstitutionally re-wrote the constitution giving more power to the federal government than any other judge in history.
With his last ruling Roberts basically said the Federal Government has the authority to make you buy any product or service it wants to and tax you if you don't comply
with their demands.

Roberts has been an utter disaster as chief justice. I don't know what he ran on or how he conned his way as a conservative justice but his rulings so far have been anything but
conservative.
In that very same decision they held the MedicAid expansion to be unconstitutional because they didn't give States a choice. They also held that same position in Printz v. United States, 521 U.S. 898 (1997). If the federal government is required to give States a clear choice, then the federal government cannot mandate diddly-squat. Every State has the right to refuse anything the federal government offers. So Roberts contradicted himself in the same decision. You cannot have a federal mandate if States must be given a choice whether to accept the federal plan or not.

How could it be, there are no Republican ideas on health care.

That's exactly what it means.
why are you lying? i thought you leftist hated lies?
ol well have a nice day dismissed.

In that very same decision they held the MedicAid expansion to be unconstitutional because they didn't give States a choice. They also held that same position in Printz v. United States, 521 U.S. 898 (1997). If the federal government is required to give States a clear choice, then the federal government cannot mandate diddly-squat. Every State has the right to refuse anything the federal government offers. So Roberts contradicted himself in the same decision. You cannot have a federal mandate if States must be given a choice whether to accept the federal plan or not.
I agree Roberts did in fact contradict himself. it would be a legal argument that would have to be re-argued.

If he has a replacement that is better and cheaper why do we need to wait for the Supreme Court? I’m onboard now if it’s better and cheaper.. Let’s see it!
You are operating on the premise you are getting the truth from the MSM.
This is about the constitutionality of requiring a financial penalty for non compliance, AKA the “Individual Mandate”.
It doesn’t matter if you like it or don’t like it. It’s a question of “is financial coercion a constitutional method of running healthcare?”
He won’t do anything until his second term.

Trump helpfully reminds the voters this morning he's going to court the week after the election to ask the Supreme Court to eliminate the entire Affordable Care Act. Things like pre-existing condition protections, tax credits to help people afford premiums, Medicaid expansion, Medicare reforms, funds for training health care providers and investing in public health, all gone.

Is he right that winding the clock back a decade plus would be a "big win" for the U.S.?

Trump says elimination of Obamacare would be a ‘win for the USA’
I call it the horrible care act.

ACA isn't affordable to many people.

Enter the Biden Plan.

People have been asking Trump since he started running for president five years ago. Still no health plan from him.
You're right. Trump is witnessing a GOP-led healthcare for pre-existing conditions that is based on capitalism that won't work because companies won't be able to make money covering people with pre-existing conditions. Let the gov't (a Medicaid, for example) pay for and provide for pre-existing conditions in healthcare.

How can one benefit from many of the things you've listed if they can't afford ACA?

You've convinced me! I'll support the Biden Plan to make premiums and cost-sharing more affordable for millions of Americans.

You are operating on the premise you are getting the truth from the MSM.
This is about the constitutionality of requiring a financial penalty for non compliance, AKA the “Individual Mandate”.
It doesn’t matter if you like it or don’t like it. It’s a question of “is financial coercion a constitutional method of running healthcare?”
He won’t do anything until his second term.

LMAO... I’ve read the case.. YOU clearly have NO idea what the case is about..

It's not affordable to many people. But it covers pre-existing conditions!
My son today got his denial letter when he tried to get on the ACA. And he is totally retired.

You've convinced me! I'll support the Biden Plan to make premiums and cost-sharing more affordable for millions of Americans.
I urge all Democrats. Fill out the application form to be on the ACA and see how fast they deny you coverage.

Back
Top Bottom