• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would the Supreme Court eliminating the Affordable Care Act be a "big win for the USA"?

Would the Supreme Court eliminating the Affordable Care Act be a "big win for the USA"?

• Total voters
What part of "So don't look to Trump, (or any President for that matter) especially when the Congress is partially or fully controlled by an opposition Party. The Democrats refused to cooperate with Trump on ANYTHING once they won the House. Republicans often do the same when this situation is reversed," did you fail to understand?

Trump has been surprisingly successful even despite this typical road-block. Now you might ask, "what about when he was elected and the Republican's controlled Congress until 2018?"

My answer is the same as I've posted before. Trump is NOT a "Republican." He was a dark horse, competing against 16 "known" old-guard Republican insiders. The Republican's (except for the Tea Party radicals) were almost as shocked as the Democrats that he actually won. They were slow to give him any support, something they would not have hesitated to do had one of the "old guard" won.

What does congress being controlled by the opposition party have to do with his ability to submit a draft? His party had the house, senate and presidency for the first two years of his presidency. Even my kids don't make as many excuses as you seem to want to make for the president.

Tell you what, if he has cheaper and better plan, and presents it before the election, I will change my avatar to "Obama is a stinky head". Deal?

What does congress being controlled by the opposition party have to do with his ability to submit a draft? His party had the house, senate and presidency for the first two years of his presidency. Even my kids don't make as many excuses as you seem to want to make for the president.

You QUOTE me, and then ignore the answer already provided. :rolleyes:

Let me make it easier for you:

Now you might ask, "what about when he was elected and the Republican's controlled Congress until 2018?"

My answer is the same as I've posted before. Trump is NOT a "Republican." He was a dark horse, competing against 16 "known" old-guard Republican insiders. The Republican's (except for the Tea Party radicals) were almost as shocked as the Democrats that he actually won. They were slow to give him any support, something they would not have hesitated to do had one of the "old guard" won.

They did not know him as a political insider. No years of wheeling and dealing with the inner circles of power. Making debts, and accruing favors.

They simply did not know how to handle him, have any methods to control him, or know how much support he might actually have among the Republican base.

The Affordable Care Act is/was based on a lie: “If you like your health plan, you can keep it.”

Millions of Americans LOST their health plan. We lost ours. Before the ACA, we had very good (and AFFORDABLE) health plans, but our plans didn't meet ACA standards. So we got dumped. :mad:

The ACA needs to be repealed. Trump promised to crush the ACA during his 2016 campaign. He's had 4 years - - - he needs to make good on his promise to the people who want our health plans back.

I don't want the government to dictate the terms of my health plan. My doctor and I can figure that out.

When it comes to health care, one size does NOT fit all.

In fact, under Obama the uninsured were reduced. Under Trump the uninsured incresed.

And often people who say that they had very good and affordable healthcare plans which do not meet te minimum requirements and the free loaders who realize that their healthare plan is just for routine healthcare and cannot cover the treatment of a serious case. And often during unexpected events these people transfer the healthcare cost to the rest of the insured population.

What part of "So don't look to Trump, (or any President for that matter) especially when the Congress is partially or fully controlled by an opposition Party. The Democrats refused to cooperate with Trump on ANYTHING once they won the House. Republicans often do the same when this situation is reversed," did you fail to understand?

Trump has been surprisingly successful even despite this typical road-block. Now you might ask, "what about when he was elected and the Republican's controlled Congress until 2018?"

My answer is the same as I've posted before. Trump is NOT a "Republican." He was a dark horse, competing against 16 "known" old-guard Republican insiders. The Republican's (except for the Tea Party radicals) were almost as shocked as the Democrats that he actually won. They were slow to give him any support because they'd never worked with him or had any political ties to him. Something they would not have hesitated to do had one of the "old guard" won.

The failure of the GOP "replacement" had more to do with the piss poor "plan" the Republicans tried to force on the American people and the repercussions of it throwing millions off their insurance. Republican Senators should be aware that the same consequences will apply to the confirmation of Trump's SC justice now.

You QUOTE me, and then ignore the answer already provided. :rolleyes:

Let me make it easier for you:

So there is no plan? The GOP supported and elected him.. He LEADS the GOP... you guys picked him to LEAD your party, don't try distancing now... own it... have some personal responsibility...

The Affordable Care Act is/was based on a lie: “If you like your health plan, you can keep it.”

Millions of Americans LOST their health plan. We lost ours. Before the ACA, we had very good (and AFFORDABLE) health plans, but our plans didn't meet ACA standards. So we got dumped. :mad:

The ACA needs to be repealed. Trump promised to crush the ACA during his 2016 campaign. He's had 4 years - - - he needs to make good on his promise to the people who want our health plans back.

I don't want the government to dictate the terms of my health plan. My doctor and I can figure that out.

When it comes to health care, one size does NOT fit all.

There is no such thing as choice now.

The insurance mandate will return as soon as Trump is gone. The whole point of HC reform is to cover EVERYONE and make it cheaper for all in the bargain. You can't cover preexisting conditions without a mandate. People will just wait until they get sick to sign up without it.

Hmmm... It's almost like all these "conservatives" who claim to know so much about business have found some magical way to cover preexisting conditions without a large pool of premium payers. Let's let them try...

At this point I really don't see how it matters. They stopped taking people for not having insurance.

It matters quite a bit. Much of the functioning of the health system is wrapped up in the ACA, not to mention 20+ million people's coverage. Lots of progress on holding down health care cost growth, improving quality, protecting families finances, and building a health system for the 21st century hangs in the balance.

Hmmm... It's almost like all these "conservatives" who claim to know so much about business have found some magical way to cover preexisting conditions without a large pool of premium payers. Let's let them try...
The trick is that they want to throw all those with preexisting conditions into "high risk pools" with unaffordable sky high premiums. That is how they "cover" preexisting conditions which really means they do not. They will throw millions off their policies.

So there is no plan? The GOP supported and elected him.. He LEADS the GOP... you guys picked him to LEAD your party, don't try distancing now... own it... have some personal responsibility...

There's is no point in responding to you if you simply IGNORE the response and continue to blindly push your own narratives.

Especially with a combination of deflections and other fallacious responses.

1. I am not a Republican, I am not a member of any Party. I vote independent.

2. I DID vote for Trump in 2016, and I DO intend to vote for him come November 2020.

3. I have ALWAYS taken "responsibility" for my positions...as demonstrated over the SEVEN YEARS of membership in this Forum.

Now I refer you to my tagline below. :cool::coffee:

So don't look to Trump, (or any President for that matter) especially when the Congress is partially or fully controlled by an opposition Party. The Democrats refused to cooperate with Trump on ANYTHING once they won the House. Republicans often do the same when this situation is reversed.

First, Trump has been promising to put forth a plan for four years. That expectation is coming directly from him and he has failed to meet it. He's been lying for quite some time.

Second, you've got it backwards. Trump campaigned on Medicare negotiation of drug prices and when the House Dems passed a bill to do just that he issued a veto threat. He's the one refusing to work with House Dems on health care issues. Again, he's been lying for quite some time.

Ha, ha, ha America! A replacement doesn't exist and never can exist.
The objective of the Trump regime is to make his believers think that it's coming until after Trump is re-elected.

But of course the real question is whether Americans really give a lick about 50,000,000 of their fellow Americans having affordable health care or not.

This is the most powerful anti-Trump dose of reality for him to deal with.

And so with due respect for Trump, here's his best talking point: I HAVE A VERY BEAUTIFUL HEALTH CARE PLAN!

That only asks for a little faith!

LOL

First, Trump has been promising to put forth a plan for four years. That expectation is coming directly from him and he has failed to meet it. He's been lying for quite some time.

Second, you've got it backwards. Trump campaigned on Medicare negotiation of drug prices and when the House Dems passed a bill to do just that he issued a veto threat. He's the one refusing to work with House Dems on health care issues. Again, he's been lying for quite some time.
You can never be a good Trump supporter if you don't have faith in him. When he says it's very, very beautiful he means it!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccc!!!

Trump helpfully reminds the voters this morning he's going to court the week after the election to ask the Supreme Court to eliminate the entire Affordable Care Act. Things like pre-existing condition protections, tax credits to help people afford premiums, Medicaid expansion, Medicare reforms, funds for training health care providers and investing in public health, all gone.

Is he right that winding the clock back a decade plus would be a "big win" for the U.S.?

Trump says elimination of Obamacare would be a ‘win for the USA’
He is right. The federal government is only permitted the powers the US Constitution specifically grants them. If the US Constitution does not specifically grant the federal government the power, and the US Constitution does not specifically prohibit that power to the States, then that power belongs to the States and/or the people. Or in the words of the 10th Amendment:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
That includes powers like education and healthcare. These are powers exclusively reserved to the States.

Which is why 18 States have sued to abolish the unconstitutional Affordable Care Act of 2010 and why 28 States refuse to support it.

The Affordable Care Act of 2010 is an illegal usurpation of power by Democrats.

Ha, ha, ha America! A replacement doesn't exist and never can exist.
The objective of the Trump regime is to make his believers think that it's coming until after Trump is re-elected.

But of course the real question is whether Americans really give a lick about 50,000,000 of their fellow Americans having affordable health care or not.

This is the most powerful anti-Trump dose of reality for him to deal with.

And so with due respect for Trump, here's his best talking point: I HAVE A VERY BEAUTIFUL HEALTH CARE PLAN!

That only asks for a little faith!

LOL

Ha ha ha Canada!

Crossing the Border for Care. Frustrated by long waits, some Canadians are heading to the U.S. for medical treatment.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...dians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care

American Health Care Treats Canadians Who Cannot Wait.
https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/07/15/american-health-care-treats-canadians-who-cannot-wait/

I am sure you have a very fine system. I don't intend to knock it, as I don't USE it or know much about it.

But IMHO, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. 🤷‍♂️

The plan is simple: Abolish the unconstitutional Affordable Care Act of 2010. It only requires a majority vote in both houses of Congress.

Any attempts at a federal "replacement" would be equally unconstitutional, no matter what it is or who proposes it. According to the US Constitution the federal government is prohibited from interfering with our healthcare. That is a State power, exclusively.

As far as you are concerned, he is ALWAYS lying...as you have bought into the MSM "count" ever since it started. I have personally "debunked" that presentation in this Forum to my satisfaction. As a result, while you are entitled to your opinion on that subject, I reject it in favor of my view. 🤷‍♂️

Just because the Democrats propose something, does not mean it is either a valid, or a sound bill. Moreover, it is typically guaranteed to have enough "pork" stuffed in it to make even a political meat-eater turn away in disgust.

Trump has a lot on his plate, more than the typically elected candidate. He has been faced with:

1. A corrupt investigation of a false "Russia collusion" assertion.

2. Constant roadblocks from both Democrats in Congress, and their undermining political "5th Columnists" in Federal government services.

3. Constant attempts by State agents in Democrat New York to "get him" criminally by any means necessary.

4. Constant bad press by the majority of the MSM.

5. Constant propaganda efforts and opposition from "big tech" like Google, Twitter, etc.

6. Initial hesitation by the Republican Old Guard in both the House and Senate for reasons already pointed out in prior posts.

7. Constant threats, attempts, and one actual try at impeachment by any means necessary from said Democrats.

Yet despite all of this, he has still accomplished many good and great things; that had they been done by any other President, being political insiders, would have been lauded.

So that is why I still support him, despite his bragging, shooting from the hip, bull-in-a-china-shop methods. Period!

Last edited:
As far as you are concerned, he is ALWAYS lying...as you have bought into the MSM "count" ever since it started.

You're disputing that he has repeatedly (going back to 2016) promised a plan that's never materialized, despite his promises that "I am going to take care of everybody"?

Just because the Democrats propose something, does not mean it is either a valid, or a sound bill.

The administration's rationale is that aggressive price negotiation reduces the incentive to bring innovative therapeutics to market. In other words, wholesale rejection of the underlying concept. His support for the concept on the campaign trail was a lie.

As far as you are concerned, he is ALWAYS lying...as you have bought into the MSM "count" ever since it started. I have personally "debunked" that presentation in this Forum to my satisfaction. As a result, while you are entitled to your opinion on that subject, I reject it in favor of my view 🤷‍♂️

Just because the Democrats propose something, does not mean it is either a valid, or a sound bill. Moreover, it is typically guaranteed to have enough "pork" stuffed in it to make even a political meat-eater turn away in disgust.

Trump has a lot on his plate, more than the typically elected candidate. He has been faced with:

1. A corrupt investigation of a false "Russia collusion" assertion.

2. Constant roadblocks from both Democrats in Congress, and their undermining political "5th Columnists" in Federal government services.

3. Constant attempts by State agents in Democrat New York to "get him" criminally by any means necessary.

4. Constant bad press by the majority of the MSM.

5. Constant propaganda efforts and opposition from "big tech" like Google, Twitter, etc.

6. Initial hesitation by the Republican Old Guard in both the House and Senate for reasons already pointed out in prior posts.

Yet despite all of this, he has still accomplish many good and great things that had they been done by any other President, being political insiders, would have been lauded.

So that is why I still support him, despite his bragging, shooting from the hip, bull-in-a-china-shop methods. Period!

I’m thinking that if you were on the Nobel Committee, Trump could count on your support then, rite?

The plan is simple: Abolish the unconstitutional Affordable Care Act of 2010.

Seems to be! The voters can decide whether they like pre-existing condition protections or agree with Trump that there should be no such protections.

You're disputing that he has repeatedly (going back to 2016) promised a plan that's never materialized, despite his promises that "I am going to take care of everybody"?

The administration's rationale is that aggressive price negotiation reduces the incentive to bring innovative therapeutics to market. In other words, wholesale rejection of the underlying concept. His support for the concept on the campaign trail was a lie.

.....coming in “two weeks’ or a “short period of time”.........(whichever comes first.)

It's mostly Trump's base who use Obamacare. Small business owners without a college education. Plumbers, auto mechanics, restaurant owners, etc.

They're self employed so they have to buy their insurance. Obamacare, because it's based on collective bargaining, is the best deal around for these people.

The only reason I can see them wanting to get rid of Obamacare is because President Obama was a black man.

If he has a replacement that is better and cheaper why do we need to wait for the Supreme Court? I’m onboard now if it’s better and cheaper.. Let’s see it!

IMO the Affordable Care Act should be repealed and replaced.

It should be replaced with a 2 tiered medical access system.

Tier one is for basic healthcare, which should be single-payer via expanding Medicare/Medicaid to cover every citizen for basic medical care. This would be annual physicals, vaccinations, minor medical issues (colds, broken bones, allergies, etc.).

Tier Two would be for catastrophic care, and "pre-existing conditions." This would require persons with pre-existing conditions to report them as acquired, and to pay an additional rate based on the conditions registered with Medicare/Medicaid.

Last edited:
The plan is simple: Abolish the unconstitutional Affordable Care Act of 2010. It only requires a majority vote in both houses of Congress.

Any attempts at a federal "replacement" would be equally unconstitutional, no matter what it is or who proposes it. According to the US Constitution the federal government is prohibited from interfering with our healthcare. That is a State power, exclusively.

The GOP held the house, senate and presidency for the first two years of Trump’s term. Why did they not vote to eliminate it then?

Seems to be! The voters can decide whether they like pre-existing condition protections or agree with Trump that there should be no such protections.
It doesn't matter, once the Affordable Care Act has been abolished, so will any pre-existing condition it covered. The entire unconstitutional law will be gone. It will be exactly like it was in before March 2010. Also, by definition, if they have a pre-existing condition then it cannot be insurance. Insurance only covers what might happen, not what already has happened. It would be like trying to buy fire "insurance" AFTER the house has already burned down. A monumentally stupid idea.

Back
Top Bottom