• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would DJT "hit Moscow" when Russia invaded Ukraine?

Would DJT "hit Moscow" when Russia invaded Ukraine?

• Total voters
Gotta love the homophobia from you guys.
How is that homophobic, I'm just building the joke off justoneman's post.

And in doing so, I wasn't implying in any way that one man sucking another's dick was bad, only that Trump was incompetent at it.

The FISA warrant Judges just rubber stamp anything put before them. The FBI left out exculpatory information from the request to the FISA court judge. The FBI has destroyed their reputation over this and over General Flynn.

But hope springs eternal for you. Maybe someday there will be a pee tape. It's good to have goals in life.
The exculpatory information applied only to the last of the 3 warrants taken out on Carter Page and the Inspector General concluded that the malfeasance of low level DOJ lawyer in excluding that information in the 3rd application had no impact upon the legitimacy of the first two warrants. Bill Barr destroyed his reputation over General Flynn, And General Flynn might well end up facing another federal charge before it's all said and done with the January 6 investigation.

The exculpatory information applied only to the last of the 3 warrants taken out on Carter Page and the Inspector General concluded that the malfeasance of low level DOJ lawyer in excluding that information in the 3rd application had no impact upon the legitimacy of the first two warrants. Bill Barr destroyed his reputation over General Flynn, And General Flynn might well end up facing another federal charge before it's all said and done with the January 6 investigation.
The Steele dossier was part of the evidence used to get the first FISA warrant. The FBI knew that was DNC/Clinton campaign dirt from Russian hearsay. The judges expect the FBI to provide honest info. It is well understood that the FISA court judges rubber stamp everything the FBI puts in front of them. The Steele dossier was known garbage. The FBI is corrupt.

What a bunch of malarky! But I'll play along. Trump and Putin were hardly friends. Trump used stronger sanctions against Putin than the previous administration. Yeah Trump tried to work with the leaders of several of our adversaries, which is a good thing as long as we don't give away more than we get. I think Trump presented a stronger military stance than Biden and that's why Putin did not invade Ukraine during he Trump administration. Putin did invade during Obama in 2014 and again under Biden. That says a lot about what Putin thought, and who he was more worried about standing up to him with force. We currrently are avoiding the strongest sanctions and are not willing to even hint at a military response of any kind.

Do you not understand that Trump is expressing an act of madness here and that Putin surely understood this and knowing Trump would never do anything that might cause gas prices to go up and hurt his approval ratings, would never do it?

The Steele dossier was part of the evidence used to get the first FISA warrant. The FBI knew that was DNC/Clinton campaign dirt from Russian hearsay. The judges expect the FBI to provide honest info. It is well understood that the FISA court judges rubber stamp everything the FBI puts in front of them. The Steele dossier was known garbage. The FBI is corrupt.

What does that have to do with Trump being in the bag for Putin?

So you are saying Trump would be tough on Putin or is he sucking his dick? Pick one and stick with it.
It's easy to be "tough on Russia" when you don't have the power to do anything.

Interesting that you liberals on one hand say Trump was "sucking Putin's dick" but on the other hand say he might bomb Moscow.
I've, as an Independent, not stated that DJT inhales Putin's pecker, but I might say that DJT parks his head up Putin's butt. DJT has been known to brag about the US bombing the hell out of somebody or another. Remember DJT and Kim Jong un's first dance? DJT threatened un pretty much with a full out annihilation until he fell in love with un. Between those two choices, I'm ok that DJT accepts un as his valentine.

You guys just say a bunch of stupid shit.
If you'd pay more attention to the daily manure spreader from Mar-a-Lago, it's there you'd fine bunches of stupid sh*t. ;)

First of all...Regardless what Trump said, Trump and Putin were NOT friends. They were leaders of countries who respected each other. There's a difference.
Just going by the many times that DJT himself has stated that they were friends. I agree that they both respected each other but within that mode of respect, they wanted different favors from each other. imo
Second...Bolton didn't say Trump "would" have pulled the US out of NATO. He said Trump "might" have done that. There's a difference and you should be ashamed for trying to change what Bolton said.
Nope, not ashamed at all. First off, a lot of subject matter discussed on this message board is based on projection. Much of that projection is also based on past statements made by folks involved with such subject matter. John Bolton thinks that DJT may well have withdrawn the US from NATO during his 2nd term as Putin was waiting for that.

Bolton made the remarks during a virtual event with the Washington Post on the Russian invasion of Ukraine, where Bolton mostly offered critiques of current President Joe Biden's foreign policy in the region. At the end of the event, he was asked by the Post's Michael Duffy about how close Trump came to withdrawing the country from NATO, a translantic security alliance that includes the United States, Canada, and most of Europe.

"I thought he put his foot over it, but at least he didn't withdraw then," said Bolton, who wrote in his memoir about Trump's consideration of withdrawing from NATO in 2018. "In a second Trump term, I think he may well have withdrawn from NATO. And I think Putin was waiting for that."

Why wouldn't he think that? DJT has spoken quite often about that.

U.S. President Donald Trump privately said a number of times in 2018 that he wanted the U.S. to leave NATO, according to the New York Times.

Third...Trump would never steal his way into another term.
It's already in place to do that thanks to Republican Congress Critters and Governors - state by state.

Fourth...Putin would NEVER have invaded Ukraine this year if Trump were President. Just like he didn't do it from 2017-2021.
Agreed. Putin wouldn't want to first, upset his close powerful US friend and second, Putin wouldn't want to make DJT look bad by hurting the US economy on DJT's watch. DJT wouldn't hit Moscow that would first destroy an admired dictator and secondly bring great harm to parts of the rest of the world - even possibly Mar-a-Lago.

Fifth...If Trump needed to apply sanctions on Russia...for whatever reason...they would be sanctions that would hurt Russia. Not the US. Simply put...Trump is much better at economic warfare than the Biden pukes.
Pres Biden is doing a pretty good job with Russian sanctions under the insane pressures placed on him that war on another country inflicted by a Russia's power madman has caused throughout the entire world.

Now, I believe Trump DID say to Putin that he would bomb Moscow if Putin invaded Ukraine and I think Putin couldn't afford to not believe Trump. But I don't think Trump would do it...unless forced to. And then he most certainly would do it.
Agreed

It's perhaps the most uncanny thing I've seen politically in a very long time. The left has allowed him to burrow himself so far under their skins they can't think straight anymore.

I've lost track of how many threads they've started this past year alone to talk about him. It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of their threads were about him.

They really do fear him - all the hatred and vilification and insults aside, they really do fear him with a fear that is absolutely palpable.
He is the most popular carnie barking clown that we've seen during our entire lives - so yes, discussion about him just feels natural.

What I fear about him is his insanity that storms above the law shielded by his many lawyers. Most anyone with decent common sense understands that.

I personally was hoping that such discussion about DJT would be limited by legal actions taken against him. JUSTICE. However, DJT has decided to put himself back into the spotlight with his tease of running again for the presidency while he still hits the campaign trail. So, alas - DJT is discussed more in DP.

Fatass also claimed he would run in unarmed to take down a school shooter.

Standard Trump bullshit.
Yeah, DJT spouts plenty of fake news. Just like he promised his mob on Capitol Hill that he'd meet them at the Capitol sending them off to march on our Capitol. Then, he exited stage right and went to watch tv coverage of the siege in progress.

Just going by the many times that DJT himself has stated that they were friends. I agree that they both respected each other but within that mode of respect, they wanted different favors from each other. imo

Nope, not ashamed at all. First off, a lot of subject matter discussed on this message board is based on projection. Much of that projection is also based on past statements made by folks involved with such subject matter. John Bolton thinks that DJT may well have withdrawn the US from NATO during his 2nd term as Putin was waiting for that.

Bolton made the remarks during a virtual event with the Washington Post on the Russian invasion of Ukraine, where Bolton mostly offered critiques of current President Joe Biden's foreign policy in the region. At the end of the event, he was asked by the Post's Michael Duffy about how close Trump came to withdrawing the country from NATO, a translantic security alliance that includes the United States, Canada, and most of Europe.

"I thought he put his foot over it, but at least he didn't withdraw then," said Bolton, who wrote in his memoir about Trump's consideration of withdrawing from NATO in 2018. "In a second Trump term, I think he may well have withdrawn from NATO. And I think Putin was waiting for that."

Why wouldn't he think that? DJT has spoken quite often about that.

U.S. President Donald Trump privately said a number of times in 2018 that he wanted the U.S. to leave NATO, according to the New York Times.
"may well have", like "might" STILL doesn't mean "would".

Sorry, you simply cannot justify your dishonest spin.

It's already in place to do that thanks to Republican Congress Critters and Governors - state by state.
Their work is to prevent the election fraud of 2020...to prevent the steal that the Trump haters engaged in.

Agreed. Putin wouldn't want to first, upset his close powerful US friend and second, Putin wouldn't want to make DJT look bad by hurting the US economy on DJT's watch. DJT wouldn't hit Moscow that would first destroy an admired dictator and secondly bring great harm to parts of the rest of the world - even possibly Mar-a-Lago.
Utter nonsense.

All of the things that Trump did to Putin...that did NOT help Putin one bit...shows that your spin and lies bear no relation to reality.

(Do you need me to list some of them?)

(Or do you prefer to pretend not to know things?)

Pres Biden is doing a pretty good job with Russian sanctions under the insane pressures placed on him that war on another country inflicted by a Russia's power madman has caused throughout the entire world.
Those sanction are doing nothing to stop the war...just as the threat of those sanctions did nothing to prevent the war. As Biden, himself, admitted...“No one expected the sanctions to prevent anything from happening.”

He not only wouldn't do shit, he would send troops to help him
Now I'm wondering how many pro Putin Russians could Mar-a-Lago hold?

I understand that with DJT, one must take him with a grain of salt. I also understand that Putin would not have invaded Ukraine if DJT were president. They're friends and to Putin's delight it's been said by John Bolton that DJT would have pulled the US out of NATO during his 2nd term in office.

Let's say that DJT stole his way into another term as he had hoped but Putin invaded Ukraine. Would DJT kept his word to hit Moscow? Would DJT turn his head and completely ignore Russia destroying Ukraine? Or would DJT be doing much like what Biden is doing now to financially hurt Russia and stop Putin via sanctions?

Donald Trump warned Russian leader Vladimir Putin that his country would “hit Moscow”, the former US President has been heard telling golfer John Daly in a clip released online in which the billionaire discusses nuclear weapons and predicts that China will invade Taiwan.

Trump discusses Russia with ex-Open Championship winner Daly in the footage, using the telephone call to describe Putin as a “friend” who he “got along great with” and referring to a threat he made during his time as President.

While it is unclear exactly what the US would have been retaliating against, Trump confided in Daly while the veteran put him on loudspeaker mode: “They’re all saying, ‘Oh he’s a nuclear power.

“It’s like they’re afraid of him. You know, he was a friend of mine. I got along great with him.
Two things. 1. Our foreign policy doesn't change much from president to president. A president might play around the edges, but it basically remains the same. The last major foreign policy shift was Nixon opening up relations with Red China. Since then every president has basically follow his predecssors. Minor tweeks here and there, but no major change in policy.

2. What if questions in my opinion are irrelevant. There's no way to prove one way or the other since they never happened. Even so, because of number 1, I would imagine Trump, Obama, G.W. Bush, Bill Clinton etc would be following much the same line as Biden is doing today. The goal of all of them in my SWAG, is the number one priority is to avoid war, especially nuclear war with Russia.

What a bunch of malarky! But I'll play along. Trump and Putin were hardly friends. Trump used stronger sanctions against Putin than the previous administration. Yeah Trump tried to work with the leaders of several of our adversaries, which is a good thing as long as we don't give away more than we get. I think Trump presented a stronger military stance than Biden and that's why Putin did not invade Ukraine during he Trump administration. Putin did invade during Obama in 2014 and again under Biden. That says a lot about what Putin thought, and who he was more worried about standing up to him with force. We currrently are avoiding the strongest sanctions and are not willing to even hint at a military response of any kind.
I've witnessed such playing along several times before. :whistle:

However out of all of that playtime, you were correct about Putin did invade Crimea. There is a pattern. Putin likes Republicans more than Democrats. He's rather that Republicans are in power in the US. He really likes DJT being in power. Business ties brings that along quite rewardingly. Now, if Putin wasn't such a dick headed dictator who thirsts to rule more than DJT, I'd be ok with business dealings and cooperation with any levelheaded leader of a country if it meant helping regular folks of that country. But, purely not the case with Putin - or DJT for that matter.

Now I'm wondering how many pro Putin Russians could Mar-a-Lago hold?
And we're all wondering how many pro Xi Jinping Democrats the White House could hold.

And we're all wondering how many pro Xi Jinping Democrats the White House could hold.
The Chinese were providing Hunter Biden with girls. They have all kinds of blackmail evidence on him I am sure.

"may well have", like "might" STILL doesn't mean "would".
You apparently fail to understand projecting. John Bolton thinks DJT would do this. Until DJT were to physically be serving his 2nd term, we don't have 'did' - yet.

Sorry, you simply cannot justify your dishonest spin.
Now we're at explaining dishonesty to you. I've posted Bolton's quotes. I've posted DJT's referencing about pulling the US out of NATO. Keep in mind that as you do what you do in DP, all eyes are reading your stumbles. I'm trying to help you out, pal.

Their work is to prevent the election fraud of 2020...to prevent the steal that the Trump haters engaged in.
Nope, to place the ability to reverse election results in many states is a very dangerous tool!

All of the things that Trump did to Putin...that did NOT help Putin one bit...shows that your spin and lies bear no relation to reality.
Yet, Putin appeared to do well during DJT's rule. There's other previous presidents who didn't hurt Putin enough too. Regardless about all of that, Biden is forced to drop hard hammers on him that unfortunately, will hurt millions of Russians who doesn't deserve hurt because of the stupid actions of a little dictator with many nukes.

Those sanction are doing nothing to stop the war...just as the threat of those sanctions did nothing to prevent the war. As Biden, himself, admitted...“No one expected the sanctions to prevent anything from happening.”
Ok, 10 days into the invasion and you are expecting instant results. I'd like instant results, but sanctions take time to reach their full effect. Other sh*t is on the table to consider using the dictator with nukes. This is big boy stuff that's going on and it all involves other countries to cooperate with further decisions made about Putin. This is first Europe's immediate problem then the rest of the West's problem. It's easy for you to pound your keyboard making demands. I'd suggest that you stick with propping up DJT's wet dreams until the cows come home - that in which you do the best doing. ;)

Another what if thread (and poll,) it really does not matter.

Two things. 1. Our foreign policy doesn't change much from president to president. A president might play around the edges, but it basically remains the same. The last major foreign policy shift was Nixon opening up relations with Red China. Since then every president has basically follow his predecssors. Minor tweeks here and there, but no major change in policy.

2. What if questions in my opinion are irrelevant. There's no way to prove one way or the other since they never happened. Even so, because of number 1, I would imagine Trump, Obama, G.W. Bush, Bill Clinton etc would be following much the same line as Biden is doing today. The goal of all of them in my SWAG, is the number one priority is to avoid war, especially nuclear war with Russia.
Yup, agree.

All presidents have to deal with these very situations pretty much the same way.

Except in DJT's world, imo, I'd not trust him to properly take the trash out to the curb. However, I'd not expect DJT to hit Moscow for reasons that I've already stated.

Has any other president since after WWII spoken about removing the US from NATO? I doubt it, but I also haven't followed all presidents that closely to say for sure that any of them (excluding DJT) have talked about pulling the US out of NATO. NATO is more important than ever since Putin invaded Crimea.

That is fine for you to think that but that is your opinion not everyone's opinion. By the way what do you think he means by "hit"?

The context was nulclear weapons, right? "Donald Trump warned Russian leader Vladimir Putin that his country would “hit Moscow”, the former US President has been heard telling golfer John Daly in a clip released online in which the billionaire discusses nuclear weapons and predicts that China will invade Taiwan."

I'm guessing he meant attack Russia. I would hope even he was not crazy enough to want to use nukes, but with Trump, who could say for sure?

This thread is in dire need of critical listening. There is evidence that Trump bragged to a fellow golfer that he (Trump) told Putin he'd hit Moscow, but we have no evidence he actually said anything like that to Putin. It's hearsay, and in spite of Trumpers believing whatever sounds positive about Trump, there is zilch evidence for it.

Moreover, if this alleged conversation occurred, we don't have a clue as the actual context or if it was serious.

What we do know is that, as Trump himself admits, works much better with strong people. Trump, like Putin, admires strength and power - he is drawn to it. (As one former long-time female employee of Trump's businesses said, you have to stand up to him or you're never going to be respected).

Trumps problem is that everything is personal, always. He smoozes, the threatens, he is looking to be the alpha dog. He is also an idiot. After thinking he had "rocket man" on the run he turns around and thinks he has created a friendship and starts gushing over the NK leader. ... And we know how that worked out.

No doubt Putin, far shrewder and more knowingly cynical than Trump, measured him up as someone that was not an immediate threat. And he stood aside and observed how Trump was busy destroying the alliance...he knew that you don't interfere with the enemy in such circumstances.

Trump has shredded his credibility on Putin, and only the far-right alt-isolationists still slobber over Trumps "smartness".

For the sake of the free world, thank goodness he lost.

I can't disagree with any of that. Putin was happy to sit back and let Trump pull out of NATO.

If Bolton hadn't been such a hardass war hawk, Trump would have withdrawn the USA from NATO during his only term.
Which would have been great for the US.

Back
Top Bottom