• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Worst U.S. Presidents Poll.

teacher said:
Hey Soviet Guy.
Beating the reds? Correct me if I'm wrong...but...we won that one in the long run right?
Actually Bin Laden won that war. But you could argue that he was "us" by extention.

teacher said:
Hey Soviet Guy.

Maybe I'm wrong....but....wasn't Vietnam about Soviet aggression? Beating the reds? Correct me if I'm wrong...but...we won that one in the long run right? Just because Dems don't know how to prosecute a war (to wit, McNamara's decision to over fly SAM sites to bomb Hanoi). Just a little war college here junior, you take out the offensive weapons first, to wit, Gulf war, then you fly with impunity. Duh. Many fine Americans died there because Dems called the shots. To wit: Les Aspen and Mogadishu. Where were the Apaches? Class dismissed.

You think we won the war in Nam?

Pacridge said:
How did bin Laden win the Vietnam war?
ahaha, no, no. I meant the "war against the reds that we won in the end." The Afghan war crushed the soviet economy, bankrupted them. And obviously, we lost Vietnam. Everyone did.

faminedynasty said:
ahaha, no, no. I meant the "war against the reds that we won in the end." The Afghan war crushed the soviet economy, bankrupted them. And obviously, we lost Vietnam. Everyone did.

That make a lot more sense to me. But North Vietnam didn't lose, did they?

Hmmm. A costly drawn out war in the Middle East drained them militarily, economically and lead to their down fall. You don't say. That couldn't happen to a Super Power...could it?

There were too many suicide bombers in the Afgan war against the Soviets, the Soviet economy didn't collapse they quit just like the U.S. in Nam.

Pacridge said:
Hmmm. A costly drawn out war in the Middle East drained them militarily, economically and lead to their down fall. You don't say. That couldn't happen to a Super Power...could it?
My thoughts exactly.
And the North Vietnamese lost millions and millions of lives. But they won their independence.

Pacridge said:
You think we won the war in Nam?

Not what I said. You should know me better than that. The long term "war" on communism. Last I checked only Cuba and China are left. Why would I say we won Nam? God. Gah. Urk. Next you'll call me a link poster. Ma...Pacridge is picking on me....yea I put him in a top ten so..........no I won't go to bed...I'm 41 and I'll go when I'm damn well ready.....milk AND cookies?....I'm coming......

Getting in late on this because just got home....

LBJ probably did NOT have any hand what so ever in Kennedy's assassination. He wasn't much a fan of being President. I like him, his foreign policy over shadows his domestic accomplishments.

Andrew

Warren Harding the only President to be a member of the KKK and the Concerned White Citizens Council of America, another racist anti black front, I think that is a bit worse than any President you guys have had before.

edb1919 wrote...

1. Jimmy Carter
2. Lyndon Johnson
3. William Clinton
4. Richard Nixon
5. John Tyler

This wasn't easy because all these men had their good points.

Jimmy Carter had an appalling lack of understanding of foreign affairs, yet he's become an international ambassador due to his involvement in Habitat for Humanity.
Lyndon Johnson escalated the Viet Nam war. Additionally he gave us the "Great Society" which has done some very good things, but it has also left us with an entitlement attitude.
Pres. Clinton had a total lack of respect for the office he served - he was "in love" with the idea of being president. But at the same time his charisma was good for the country. If the presidency were solely a ceremonial position he'd be one of the best presidents ever.
Nixon gave us Watergate - I think this was the first we truly saw a president's failings - not that they weren't there before, but this was the first time they were the lead item on the nightly news. However, he also re-established relations with China and Russia.
John Tyler actually wasn't a bad president - I put him on my list because of things he did before and after his presidency. He was a strict constitutionalist and a state's rights advocate (things I have lots of respect for). However, as a congressman he voted against the Missouri Compromise and after his presidency he helped create the confederacy and served in the Confederate House of Representatives.

Holy crap!...An honest answer in the world of partisan crybabies.

The only difference I might have thrown in was the appearances of "Hoovervilles"(I think that should be self-explanatory).

GWB is automatically disqualified for this reason alone....History can't qualify long term hindsight until "long term" actually passes...

Abe Lincoln was voted in with multiple abstentions from certain states, so he became President with the astronomically stupid figure of 39%(9 states had "0" votes for him!) I don't think he makes anyone's shitlist.

Also, anyone who wants to look at this objectively and sees posts that regard GWB as "retarded" and a "liar" would automatically consider the source. A President who is soooooo bad that he wins a second term says more about the whiners against him than it does against the President himself.

Pacridge said:
Nixon doesn't even make the top five?

1.) Warren Harding- completely incompetent
2.) James Buchanan- Slept while the country burned
3.) Richard Nixon- Caught with hand in cookie jar
4.) Woodrow Wilson- screw up the peace so bad we had to fight the whole war over again.
5.) Warren G. Harding- increases in gov. spending lead to great depression. Allowed his cabinet to take over.

Thank you Pac. I was wondering too, how everyone could be so critical of George Bush, and yet Nixon did far worse.

Pacridge said:
I just have no idea where you get your information regarding US history. He neither started nor finished Vietnam. Plus, I seriously doubt he had any involvement in JFK's death. Though I suppose that does make interesting movie plots.

Kennedy sent troops to Vietnam in 1961... Johnson only inherited that after Kennedy's assasination. And as far as Johnson being involved... using that logic... I guess then when Reagan was shot, Bush Sr was involved too, right? Couldn't just be the actions of a lunatic looking for public noteriety? Go get em Pac :)

Soviet_Guy said:
Just to clarify by what I meant of Vietnam: THE WAR!

LOL good stretch there, trying to blame Johnson for something that took 4 years before it erupted. But hey, however you want to justify your view of US policies... I suggest looking at Vietnam from 1961 onward.

lamaror said:
George is the worse so far. He is actually destroying our economy, loosing three thousand jobs a month to overseas workers and companies. He keeps using the words terrorist and terrorism, over and over like he did in his last speech, in order to trick us into supporting him while he destroys us. We are such dupes. Right wingers are adept at using an old psychological ploy. Repeat a lie over and over, and it soon become familiar and some dummies even come to believe the lies. :rofl

:shock:
Hermann Goering stated at the Nuremberg trials: "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders; that is easy, all you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

1. James Buchanan
2. Andrew Jackson
3. Ulysses S. Grant
4. Warren G. Harding
5. Richard Nixon

Hermann Goering stated at the Nuremberg trials: "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders; that is easy, all you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
I love that quote. I usually put it in my signature, but I think I had to cut it out on most because of the lack of space I had.

I'm wondering why FDR got on some of these lists? Is it just because you don't like some of the things from the New Deal? I usually consider FDR one of the best.

Just a little note on Vietnam, Statistically you Americans were kicking the crap out of the NVA, if you had stayed in Vietnam for another 10 years you would not have needed to even win the war, the North Vietnamese would have lacked the man power to raise an Army.

This is the trade off casulties between US forces and NVA forces at the end of the war.

US suffered up wards of 53,306 dead including the 2,754 non combat deaths.

The NVA and Viet Cong took up wards of 780,000 combat deaths, North Vietnam has recently raised that number to over 1.1 million. With a total of 1.5-2 million killed from starvation, US bombings, NVA atrocities, Artillery strikes etc. This does not include casualties from before the US entered the war.

So seeing these lists it is indisputable that from a statistical standpoint the US military was crushing the NVA, with an average of 500 US deaths a weak vs about 5,000 NVA deaths a week. The US by sheer mathematical reasoning probably had 5-8 years before the NVA would cease to exist due to sheer mathematical reasons, and maybe a peace could be signed before then. However with terrible support for the war that in many respects the US had no place being, brought the US out before the NVA could be defeated. So in the protest and small support for the war on the home front ended all hope of a US victory, which if the US stayed was due to happen soon at any rate.

Just wanted to slip that in since a little a bit ago a small discussion about Vietnam came up.

Without a doubt, hands down,
it is George W. Bush!

bushdude4zd.jpg

Dude....where's my platform?:mrgreen:

107300.jpg

Look guys this is a debate site. Posting photo shopped images and or cartoons really isn't debating. We welcome your thoughts, your ideas, your take on any given issue. Please post them freely. Heck, you're free to tell me my position on any given issue is the stupidest thing you've ever heard. And if that's what you think please do so. But please limit the use of images solely to support your position. Thanks.

Pacridge said:
Look guys this is a debate site. Posting photo shopped images and or cartoons really isn't debating. We welcome your thoughts, your ideas, your take on any given issue. Please post them freely. Heck, you're free to tell me my position on any given issue is the stupidest thing you've ever heard. And if that's what you think please do so. But please limit the use of images solely to support your position. Thanks.

I noticed that you had to mention this to two people...one with
24 posts on this forum...and one with....462?!?!?!?!?

Originally posted by Pacridge:
I definately do not envy your job.

Here is the classic cnredd logic at work. He draws this...
Originally posted by cnredd:
I noticed that you had to mention this to two people...one with
24 posts on this forum...and one with....462?!?!?!?!?
...from this...
Originally posted by Pacridge:
Did you see any names?

Billo_Really said:
Here is the classic cnredd logic at work. He draws this... ...from this...
Did you see any names?

I guess the only way to prove my assumption was correct is to have Pacridge announce to whom he was referring....

And I don't want a moderator to be used like that, so as I side note..."Hey Pac!...Keep your yap shut!"

Go on blaming me for an assumption...I stand by it...

Back
Top Bottom