• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woodward book: Trump says he knew coronavirus was ‘deadly’ and worse than the flu while intentionall

Of you listen to those clips and see no problem with them, you are un-American and can stay in your post-truth bubble. Trump made his decision to down play this and people have died because of it.
Full stop.
His actions & inaction's cost 10's of thousands of lives, if not 100's of thousands.

WTF? Trump has some kind of emotional/psych problem, where if he relates to someone he completely forgets and gives the store away! He's relating to Woodward, that's what this is. He's treating him like a confidant! :doh

Geezus Krist, imagine what he does with Kim, Putin, or Erdogan? Who knows what secrets & what else he may give away?

There's something wrong with him. There really is.

AE7C6817-0D76-4002-8671-916495FBF99A.jpg

A few years ago, I asked, “how many ‘bad weeks’ can one POTUS endure?”

Republicans that are trapped state that they haven’t seen/read the book yet.

Of you listen to those clips and see no problem with them, you are un-American and can stay in your post-truth bubble. Trump made his decision to down play this and people have died because of it.
Full stop.

Full stop?
That's some analysis.
Wow.
I guess you're serious then, huh Zap.

After Trump, I fear who the Republicans next find to represent them ...

At this point, **** ‘em!

Haley
Pompeo
Cruz
Pence
Trump Jr
Ivanka
Cotton
Huckabee Sanders

His actions & inaction's cost 10's of thousands of lives, if not 100's of thousands.

We can form a reasonable estimate of what our death toll would be if we had a leader in charge during the pandemic. Let's go with...oh...Angela Merkel. I think that's fair because Germany also has unreasonable right wing factions. I don't think you could reasonably use South Korea as a comparison because they're overwhelmingly unified compared to us. A significant chunk of our population wouldn't have gone along with a "wear a mask and socially distance" message.

Anyway, Germany has had 9409 deaths. Adjusting for population, that means if we had had a leader, we would have had 37,196 deaths. We can reasonably say that the deaths of 157,321 Americans are on his hands.

We can form a reasonable estimate of what our death toll would be if we had a leader in charge during the pandemic. Let's go with...oh...Angela Merkel. I think that's fair because Germany also has unreasonable right wing factions. I don't think you could reasonably use South Korea as a comparison because they're overwhelming unified compared to us.

Anyway, Germany has had 9409 deaths. Adjusting for population, that means if we had had a leader, we would have had 37,196 deaths. We can reasonably say that the deaths of 157,321 Americans are on his hands.

We need investigations. We need trials should those investigations warrant. If Biden and the Dems let any of this go in the “interest of unity and moving on” then the destruction to our faith in our institutions will run deep and for generations. And we already distrust government to the point that both left and right are slightly terrified of a covid vaccine.

At this point, **** ‘em!

Haley
Pompeo
Cruz
Pence
Trump Jr
Ivanka
Cotton
Huckabee Sanders
What a crew. Who'd ever think they'd find someone crazier than Cruz? They did! :doh

We can form a reasonable estimate of what our death toll would be if we had a leader in charge during the pandemic. Let's go with...oh...Angela Merkel. I think that's fair because Germany also has unreasonable right wing factions. I don't think you could reasonably use South Korea as a comparison because they're overwhelmingly unified compared to us. A significant chunk of our population wouldn't have gone along with a "wear a mask and socially distance" message.

That might be a fair enough assessment. But we've got a lot of pandemic left to go. Sadly.

We need investigations. We need trials should those investigations warrant. If Biden and the Dems let any of this go in the “interest of unity and moving on” then the destruction to our faith in our institutions will run deep and for generations. And we already distrust government to the point that both left and right are slightly terrified of a covid vaccine.

Yep, the situation calls for our very own Nuremberg Trials.

That might be a fair enough assessment. But we've got a lot of pandemic left to go. Sadly.

Obviously that's only up to present day. It's gonna get a lot worse before we get this under control, and that's assuming Biden wins. If Trump gets another term, we'll be living with this for another four years.

Yep, the situation calls for our very own Nuremberg Trials.

I think if there are convictions? And any of those convictions should demand an ultimate penalty?

I think we should be gauche capitalists and charge tickets to view it. All proceeds can be used for the victims of the Trump Plague.

Trump held rallies after telling Woodward it’s contagious via the air and 5x deadlier than the flu.
And yet Democratic states dominate the death lists. :eek:

Angela Merkel? Germany? Germans ALWAYS follow orders. Always have. :cool: South Korea is much the same. Groupthink dominates.

And yet Democratic states dominate the death lists. :eek:

Because our potus played down the virus and actively took measures to spread it. Demanding states reopen too soon, holding rallies, mocking masks.

Not a single Dem governor is on tape stating they knew the virus was 5x deadlier than the flu and it definitely spreads to young people too so they need to play it down.

Trump committed genocide.

Obviously that's only up to present day. It's gonna get a lot worse before we get this under control, and that's assuming Biden wins. If Trump gets another term, we'll be living with this for another four years.
As we can see today alone, with his removal of international air-traveler testing.

Because our potus played down the virus and actively took measures to spread it. Demanding states reopen too soon, holding rallies, mocking masks.

Not a single Dem governor is on tape stating they knew the virus was 5x deadlier than the flu and it definitely spreads to young people too so they need to play it down.

Trump committed genocide.

You are correct.

He made fun of the Democrats who didn't host rallies. He verbally assaulted the newspaper reporters for wearing masks. He didn't wear a mask himself in public for many months. He gathered 6000 morons in Tulsa and killed at least one of them. He taunted Democratic governors by encouraging their constituents to rebel and liberate the states. And now we have him on tape admitting how dangerous it was.

His supporters are idiots for giving him a pass on this one.

You are correct.

He made fun of the Democrats who didn't host rallies. He verbally assaulted the newspaper reporters for wearing masks. He didn't wear a mask himself in public for many months. He gathered 6000 morons in Tulsa and killed at least one of them. He taunted Democratic governors by encouraging their constituents to rebel and liberate the states. And now we have him on tape admitting how dangerous it was.

His supporters are idiots for giving him a pass on this one.

A pass? Dude: HE’S STILL TRYING TO KILL THEM. He’s gonna hold more rallies. They’re gonna show up. To own the libs.

They’re gonna vote for him to double down on how stupid *we* are for calling them stupid.

Angela Merkel? Germany? Germans ALWAYS follow orders. Always have. :cool: South Korea is much the same. Groupthink dominates.

What a ridiculous thing to say about Germans! Have you ever been to Germany? Do you know any Germans? Germans are independent thinkers the same way Americans are - the big difference is they're better educated than we are so they are able to understand the dangers of Covid-19 in a way 38% of this country cannot...I know, BTW - as a 1st generation German American - both my parents came from Germany as did a plethora of my relatives AND I was a VP International for 15 years and traveled to Germany countless times for work.

I think if there are convictions? And any of those convictions should demand an ultimate penalty?

I think we should be gauche capitalists and charge tickets to view it. All proceeds can be used for the victims of the Trump Plague.

Trump truly tests my position against the death penalty. But sticking with my current principles, the Federal sentence for manslaughter is "not more than 15 years" under 18 U.S. Code § 1112. Mansalughter. For each death to date, trump would go away for 2,359,822 years (each death is one count of manslaughter).

Back
Top Bottom