• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women’s March DC turnout flops after pro-Farrakhan leadership anti-Semitism problems split movement

From Teresa Shook's personal post on the matter:

"Bob Bland, Tamika Mallory, Linda Sarsour and Carmen Perez of Women’s March, Inc. have steered the Movement away from its true course. I have waited, hoping they would right the ship. But they have not.[...]
As Women’s March founder, I am stepping up to bring focus back to the Unity Principles on which our movement began, and with the support of all of those who marched and have continued to march, I pledge to support grassroots, decentralized leadership promoting a safe, worldwide community devoid of hate speech, bigotry and racism."

And to that I can only respond:

Teresa Shook, you never should have stepped away. You let parasites infiltrate and capture your movement. I hope you have learned a valuable lesson. The lesson is, there is NO SUCH THING AS DECENTRALIZED LEADERSHIP.
If you don't ever "get" anything else, get THIS:
"Decentralized leadership" isn't leadership, it is anarchy and anarchy is an open invitation to those who would capture and take over your movement and spend your political capital in ways which will harm you and your ideals.

---To be brutally honest, decentralized leadership is a fancy word that means LAZINESS.
It is ultimately a contradiction in terms.

So when your side was attacking Sarah Palin, did you call your brothers and sisters out as misogynists? I think not.

Calling out drunkenness and stupidity isn't misogny.

I already apologized for that comment. I am not going to fight a war that has already been waged.

The fact that you cannot forgive people shows how much of a zealot you are.

Zealot uses zealot label.

IRONY2.jpeg

Farrakhan turned over every rock on the beach a long time ago.
If organizers of a women's march can't bother to do research on people, they're going to keep on winding up with folks like him in their midst.
Part of doing proper research is to rely on one's own critical judgment instead of political pressure from others to meet some sort of quota.

The organizers made some incredibly stupid mistakes and they need to take responsibility for them.

In Phoenix we listened to the speakers prior to the march. I can only speak as an old white guy but this year the speakers they had blew me away. Every single one was outstanding. The first speaker was a Jewish woman who talked about the issues Jews as women face in America. She was positive, all the speakers were. No one took shots at anyone. There was a Native American woman who talked about challenges faced by Native American women. There was a Muslim speaker who also rocked it. There was a disabled woman who talked about what it means to be disabled and a woman in America. An African-America speaker who is an attorney for, I think, the Salt River Pima tribe talked about being a black woman in America and the struggles they face. There were probably 6 or 7 women speakers. Each one of them kept it real while keeping it positive. The Latina speaker made me laugh when she said that angry Latina women will continue to speak out and stand up for women's equality. She said black women too are active and supportive of equal rights for Latinas. Then she said, "And I have to be honest, we need everyone's support. So where are the angry white women." Oooooooo! Thousands applauded. Me too, while laughing. That lady put it out there. It was excellent.

More than anything I learned. Yeah, I got some exercise and I met many good people. I stopped at every booth. I very much enjoyed the positive vibe from the event. But personally I learned a lot. My hat is off to the women who organized and put the Phoenix march together. It was most peaceful and positive.

Betty Friedan and Gloria Steinem must be turning over in their graves.

In Phoenix we listened to the speakers prior to the march. I can only speak as an old white guy but this year the speakers they had blew me away. Every single one was outstanding. The first speaker was a Jewish woman who talked about the issues Jews as women face in America. She was positive, all the speakers were. No one took shots at anyone. There was a Native American woman who talked about challenges faced by Native American women. There was a Muslim speaker who also rocked it. There was a disabled woman who talked about what it means to be disabled and a woman in America. An African-America speaker who is an attorney for, I think, the Salt River Pima tribe talked about being a black woman in America and the struggles they face. There were probably 6 or 7 women speakers. Each one of them kept it real while keeping it positive. The Latina speaker made me laugh when she said that angry Latina women will continue to speak out and stand up for women's equality. She said black women too are active and supportive of equal rights for Latinas. Then she said, "And I have to be honest, we need everyone's support. So where are the angry white women." Oooooooo! Thousands applauded. Me too, while laughing. That lady put it out there. It was excellent.

More than anything I learned. Yeah, I got some exercise and I met many good people. I stopped at every booth. I very much enjoyed the positive vibe from the event. But personally I learned a lot. My hat is off to the women who organized and put the Phoenix march together. It was most peaceful and positive.

Yeah but that was PHOENIX...the massive fail happened in DC apparently.
I get what you're saying, but to address the crap that happened in DC, all I can say is, this harkens back to the same overly PC nonsense that doomed the Occupy Movement.

Scores of pie faced and erudite fops continually pushed the "Occupy is a leaderless movement" crap.
Well, guess what? Extremists got a big boner and decided that if Occupy is leaderless, THEY WERE going to lead!! :lamo

Sounds like Phoenix had their stuff together. Doesn't look like the root group in DC did.
They got usurped, and violently so, and they had it coming.

Glad to know that the Phoenix event was a success. God bless someone for having some guts.

So AOC is intelligent? Her resume is lighter than Palin. Her ig is lower than Palin.

Sarah Palin HAD a resume once upon a time.
So did Joseph Jeffrey Hazelwood, captain of the Exxon Valdez.

So AOC is intelligent? Her resume is lighter than Palin. Her ig is lower than Palin.

If America elected officials based on their resume El Presidente Loco would still be selling fake university degrees to people looking to get a leg up.

I have to be honest though, Buckster, Palin and Ocasio-Cortez are fine looking ladies, but I don't know who has a higher ig. I've seen my share of nekkid wimmens but I never noticed an ig. It that something like a g-spot? How do you know Palin has a higher ig?

The LEFT.

I've voted for Democrats, Republicans and Libertarians. In our most recent election I voted for Beto O'Roarke for Senate and Greg Abbott for governor. I support a balanced budget, the 2nd amendment, state's rights, property rights and abolishing the FCC. I also support abortion rights, legalization of marijuana, gay marriage and abolishing government subsidies for corporations. How does this make me a leftist?

Oh god, we're back to pissing matches about crowd sizes.

"I'm correct about my worldview because more people turned up to my rally".

It's just, daft.

It's a little more than that. It's about why they are having an issue with numbers. But I guess racism is bad, except if it's against Jews, right?

I've voted for Democrats, Republicans and Libertarians. In our most recent election I voted for Beto O'Roarke for Senate and Greg Abbott for governor. I support a balanced budget, the 2nd amendment, state's rights, property rights and abolishing the FCC. I also support abortion rights, legalization of marijuana, gay marriage and abolishing government subsidies for corporations. How does this make me a leftist?

Please don't abolish the FCC, the fact that the FCC has been drastically weakened is why six or seven corporations control almost everything on radio and TV right now. Remake and retool the FCC, yeah I am all for that.
But we do need an agency that does what the FCC does, they just have to do the right thing and do their job well.

Sounds like folk are simply pointing out that the pastime is dying, if you need to label commenting on reality negativity whatever but I fail to see how that moves any ball down any field. Much better it is to follow the guidance of my sig because ignorance rarely works out.

~~~~~~
On that you're correct. Sadly on the other side of the coin the enemy of the people media aka biased MSM refuses to recognize any conservative movement like the March For Life crowd. IMHO, the media has a long way to go before it begins to print non biased information.

I want to apologize.

After failing to renounce Farrakhan's virulent anti-Semitic stance and rhetoric, time after time, Tamika Mallory is now playing the race card. How not shocking! How dare a white women question her! Obvs it's a racist attack and how dare a white woman challenge a black woman's fealty to a white and Jew-hating, black bigot?

Asked by McCain to explicitly condemn Farrakhan, Mallory refused — a decision she now attributes to McCain’s aggressive rhetorical style, which she claims was racially motivated.

“Because Meghan McCain asked six questions at once, she never stopped to allow me to answer any,” Mallory claimed during a recent appearance on the digital program Roland Martin Unfiltered. “But the nerve of people to believe that because she did all that, that I was supposed to just answer her as she said, so, so, ‘Massa, you get to tell me how to respond’? That’s not going to happen.”

“If people can’t understand the implications of a white woman yelling at me and trying to badger me into saying what she says — even if I wanted to say it, I wouldn’t have said it [in] the way in which she was speaking to me,” she added.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/women-march-leader-claims-questions-203042440.html

Uh huh. The race card with a slave kicker.

Maybe the March was a flop because there is nothing to march for anymore.

Women have won their struggle.

Especially since the MeToo movement, men are afraid to even say "Good Morning," lest the woman complain to HR that she did not like the tone of that greeting.

And at the university, a female's mere accusation against a male is accepted without question.

Here in California, the boards of directors of companies must include a quota of women.

It's now a woman's world.

Maybe the March was a flop because there is nothing to march for anymore.

Women have won their struggle.

Especially since the MeToo movement, men are afraid to even say "Good Morning," lest the woman complain to HR that she did not like the tone of that greeting.

And at the university, a female's mere accusation against a male is accepted without question.

Here in California, the boards of directors of companies must include a quota of women.

It's now a woman's world.

On so many levels, women are thriving compared to men in America. Although, thanks to Trump and his administration, the age of "Dear Colleague" at universities is over. Due process for male students is being restored.

Due process for male students is being restored.

Another reason why radical male and female Democrats hate the President! How dare due process be extended to men! they scream.

Another reason why radical male and female Democrats hate the President! How dare due process be extended to men! they scream.

Oh, they hate and loooooooooooooooooathe Betsy DeVos for daring to upset the equilibrium. Female co-eds should be able to Rolling Stone male co-eds at will!

Back
Top Bottom