• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will you take a vaccine even if you're still required to social distance, mask up and lock down?

Genetically engineered RNA will be forced into your cells.

There is no vaccine for tyranny

If only we could be immunized against idiotic posts. Yours makes no sense. Why on Earth would someone refuse a vaccine that works because they are mad at masks?

If only we could be immunized against idiotic posts. Yours makes no sense. Why on Earth would someone refuse a vaccine that works because they are mad at masks?

I am dumber than a post so I ask questions. If vaccines work why the mask and social distancing. If masks and social distancing work why the vaccine. If none of them work WTF are we doing? Is it about something else.

Corona is like a wet dream for the left.

I am dumber than a post so I ask questions. If vaccines work why the mask and social distancing. If masks and social distancing work why the vaccine. If none of them work WTF are we doing? Is it about something else.

This is bass ackwards. It is also factually wrong. The vaccine is not "around". Pfizer made an announcement. They won't be mass shipping the vaccine until April. In light of that first sentence admission, I hope you do not actually believe that a vaccine sitting in Pfizer's labs protects you, sitting half way across the country from it.

The vaccine is 90% effective. If everyone got it, we'd have more than enough of the herd immunity required to make this not a problem. There would be no need to maintain masks and social distancing provided everyone gets the vaccine.

But let's just say some governor is over-zealous. Why on Earth would a person not get the most effective thing possible - vaccine - because they're mad about a mask mandate? It doesn't make sense. It'd be cutting off your nose to spite someone else's face. Masks and social distancing aren't perfect. Neither is a vaccine, but a vaccine with 90% effectiveness is a hell of a lot more effective than masks and social distancing.

If you're going to do anything in this hypothetical, get the vaccine and if everyone gets it but the governor says to wear masks, complain about the masks then.

What kind of hyper-tribalist idiocy is this? I think I just answered my own question . . .

Nobody wants COVID around.

It's not permanent, it is going to take time for the vaccine distribution to do its job.
Epidemiologists are concerned about community asymptomatic transmission, something even a vaccinated person can do.
The thing you are calling "tyranny"....isn't.

Imagine if, during the Nazi bombing blitz of London, groups of Londoners said, "Screw safety, we're putting on our lights if we want to because FREE-DUMBS!!!"

I expect masks and social distancing will be required for a couple main reasons both related.

It will take time to get people vaccinated, so those that are not will be at risk. To ensure a higher level of mask wearing having everyone wear them will help protect those at risk. If only 50% of people are wearing masks, and only 20% are vaccinated the infection rate wI'll remain high

Why?
What makes you think that ANYTHING about the virus is political and how does the Left "ENJOY" a pandemic?
Sorry but you sound like you might be a spoiled teen.
Is this an act? Are you doing this because it's a "Show" and you're trying to get "ratings"?

Seriously, nothing you're saying makes a lick of sense, especially now that COVID is ravaging the heartland of this country at levels that far exceed the worst nightmares of New York City.

My wife is on the "left" but she is a 100% service connected disabled Navy veteran who lives in a wheelchair, my son was born with five major heart defects, and I have diabetes and COPD. Tell me how we are ENJOYING Corona, please...I'd love to know.

This is bass ackwards. It is also factually wrong. The vaccine is not "around". Pfizer made an announcement. They won't be mass shipping the vaccine until April. In light of that first sentence admission, I hope you do not actually believe that a vaccine sitting in Pfizer's labs protects you, sitting half way across the country from it.

The vaccine is 90% effective. If everyone got it, we'd have more than enough of the herd immunity required to make this not a problem. There would be no need to maintain masks and social distancing provided everyone gets the vaccine.

But let's just say some governor is over-zealous. Why on Earth would a person not get the most effective thing possible - vaccine - because they're mad about a mask mandate? It doesn't make sense. It'd be cutting off your nose to spite someone else's face. Masks and social distancing aren't perfect. Neither is a vaccine, but a vaccine with 90% effectiveness is a hell of a lot more effective than masks and social distancing.

If you're going to do anything in this hypothetical, get the vaccine and if everyone gets it but the governor says to wear masks, complain about the masks then.

What kind of hyper-tribalist idiocy is this? I think I just answered my own question . . .

Nobody wants COVID around.

Not talking about the minions on the left. The elites like Zeke.

Why?
What makes you think that ANYTHING about the virus is political and how does the Left "ENJOY" a pandemic?
Sorry but you sound like you might be a spoiled teen.
Is this an act? Are you doing this because it's a "Show" and you're trying to get "ratings"?

Seriously, nothing you're saying makes a lick of sense, especially now that COVID is ravaging the heartland of this country at levels that far exceed the worst nightmares of New York City.

My wife is on the "left" but she is a 100% service connected disabled Navy veteran who lives in a wheelchair, my son was born with five major heart defects, and I have diabetes and COPD. Tell me how we are ENJOYING Corona, please...I'd love to know.

I'm guessing the guy was trying to hint at the insultingly stupid notion that "the left" was plotting to use COVID-19 restrictions as a test run to steal "freedoms", because of course the most sinister thing you can do is . . . .

giphy.gif

. . . . making people wear masks in public.

This is where we are in politics. So much tribalism. It's as if Trumpists think non-Trumpists are literal demons.

Should this worry me?

Yeah, because nothing like this has been done before. When natural foreign RNA gets into the body it goes through the digestive system where it is broken down. It never enters the cells. All the RNA in our cells is made by the cells. The cells understand the natural RNA that they make, and they know how and when to destroy it.

So the mRNA (messenger RNA) vaccines are completely unnatural to begin with. Oh, you say who cares lots of good things are unnatural and lots of bad things are natural. Well, that's very debatable. Sure there are natural things that are poison, but unnatural things that enter our bodies are VERY likely to be toxic.

And genetic engineering is error-prone. How can we be sure some of the vaccines won't contain defective mRNA that might cause chronic inflammation or cancer, or whatever?

The vaccine makers can't answer these questions. No one can. For at least the first couple of years, anyone who gets this type of vaccine will be a lab animal.

Yep, and I've had Covid

I sometimes get the impression that they'll be sorely disappointed if it isn't at least 2027--with the economy a smoking crater--by the time 100% of the world's population has been infected by COVID at least once.

But... they theoretically know what they're doing. So I'll keep hoping and complying. Hoping and complying. Hoping... 😬

It’s gonna take a long time to administrater 300+ million doses, twice. I’m not going to be in any rush. And even with 90% effectiveness that’ gonna mean a lot of people are still vulnerable even after taking the vaccine.

Back
Top Bottom