• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will the supreme court decision help or hurt the gop in the midterm?

We'll see how the women of america feel about your statement come november.
That's always true.

You're talking about single-issue voters. The women that will be strongly affected already vote Democrat so the ruling changes nothing.

Have either been physically attacked?
Sure. It was frequent when I was in school, but I was also assaulted as an adult.

You think this is a big decider while folks like you dismiss the impact of 1/6 as a nothingburger where people were killed?
I said that it would have little impact.

I also never said 6 Jan 2021 was a nothingburger. I said it was not sedition.

You exaggerate like Trump.

Sounds like a personal problem. Get that looked at.

Trump lives rent free, out of and because of your wallet. I wouldn't be broadcasting that shit (it's redundant. lmao)
Your are very much proving that Trump is living in your head......rent free.

Last edited:
Way more than half of americans didn't want R v W overturned but the gop led supreme court went ahead and did it anyway. Will it help or hurt them in the midterm and all elections going forward?
I think it is going to harm the Republicans BIG TIME.

I saw a piece of data yesterday that actually surprised me totally:

Abortion Is a Common Experience for U.S. Women

Nearly one in four women in the United States (23.7%) will have an abortion by age 45, according to a new analysis by Guttmacher Institute researchers Rachel Jones and Jenna Jerman, just published in the American Journal of Public Health. By age 20, 4.6% of women will have had an abortion, and 19% will have done so by age 30.

One in 4 women!!! There are 167 million women in U.S. and that means that at least 40 million of them will be angry that it was the Republicans and the Republican Supreme Court justices that caused this to happen. In the same breath, all women believe that men have no right to decide what they can do with their own bodies, meaning that suddenly and because of this decision alone, maybe as many as 160 million votes will now go in favor of the Democrats. That is impossible to overcome by the Republicans.

I think that the Republicans just sealed their fate of being ousted out because of this decision alone.

I don’t imagine it will have any significant impact.

"Live" rent free? No, he is a nightmare in people minds. You will always try to get rid of your nightmares if you can, meaning that Trump is always going to be hated.
What's to hate? He saved us from the hildabeast and even tanked Roe V Wade.

Your are very much proving that Trump is living in your head......rent free.
That's nice. You are very much proving something else, which I'm prohibited from naming. GoBrandonYourself. Ha!!!

If and when you come up with something clever, on your own, let me know.

That's nice. You are very much proving something else, which I'm prohibited from naming. GoBrandonYourself. Ha!!!

If and when you come up with something clever, on your own, let me know.
Let's go Brandon!

I don't think it will have too much impact. If Dems try to run on it in a year when there are so many other more important issues and problems facing Americans, I think they might repeat the error McCauliffe made in VA. But I imagine they will try to run on it because they are in such a defensive posture on the most important issues.

I don't think it will have too much impact. If Dems try to run on it in a year when there are so many other more important issues and problems facing Americans, I think they might repeat the error McCauliffe made in VA. But I imagine they will try to run on it because they are in such a defensive posture on the most important issues.
I think it will primarily have an effect on state by state legislative and governors races as that is where the fight will not be, just as before Roe V Wade. It will have very little effect on national elections.

Very little impact now only because the economy is the more pressing issue.

If inflation was not dominating the country, the Democrats would likely keep control in Congress…

jmo

It all depends if this drives Democrats to vote in the midterm. That remains to be seen.
There's not a great reason it should. Voting in the mid-terms won't overturn this. Democrats lost this battle for decades as the right took over the courts and that's not changing for a long time. Now, there is a 'bad' reason for it to turn out the vote - voters are angry and vote out of anger - but it doesn't change the court or the rulings, this one or others or others they will make.

Very little impact now only because the economy is the more pressing issue.

If inflation was not dominating the country, the Democrats would likely keep control in Congress…

jmo
I doubt it. This is the cycle in a new president's first midterms are generally negative for his party, even without signature issues. The GOP only needs a net gain of 5 seats in the house to take control.

If it doesn't then they deserve what they will get....an authoritarian government determined to control choice when it isn't in line with what they have decided is right for everyone..
so you lefties will finally learn to resign in defeat, and accept the circumstance? very good.

I doubt it. This is the cycle in a new president's first midterms are generally negative for his party, even without signature issues. The GOP only needs a net gain of 5 seats in the house to take control.

Normally I would agree and the history supports such a position, but overturning a landmark supreme court case that impacts women makes a difference.

With respect:

They prepared for this by further stealing their states' election laws and such. And they stole the supremacist court so they can rule by law and disorder.

With respect:

They prepared for this by further stealing their states' election laws and such. And they stole the supremacist court so they can rule by law and disorder.
Agreed, there can be no doubt.

Since 1929 we've been waiting to learn them, don't screw it up.

Oh, we already have screwed it up.

Back
Top Bottom