• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Sean Penn be cancelled

Interesting statement. What part of what Penn said do you disagree with?
I don't care for statements like "To be free, to dream. And that is what we say we represent as Americans."
It implies that other people who are not Americans like to to be something else besides Free and Dream. or to put it roughly..No shit, Sherlock.

It's sad that anyone agrees to appear on that show.
It's the only way to reach the viewership of those in the Foxhole bubble. I didn't watch the whole interview, but I also saw him on MSNBC. I think it's good to get some glimmer of reality out to the brainwashed trumpists.

I don't care for statements like "To be free, to dream. And that is what we say we represent as Americans."
It implies that other people who are not Americans like to to be something else besides Free and Dream. or to put it roughly..No shit, Sherlock.
Difference is in America freedom is real whereas in much of the world it's a dream which is why thousands of illegals a day cross our southern border.

Freedom to own a gun, drive a gas powered car or even a huge 4x4 pickup, freedom to get a voucher to send your kid to a non public teachers union government school. Leftist hate that stuff.
Yes, whereas other people might want freedom from hunger, freedom to not have their human rights taken away because they might be black or gay, freedom to have their vote count, etc. Conservatives hate that stuff.

Difference is in America freedom is real whereas in much of the world it's a dream which is why thousands of illegals a day cross our southern border.
You can analyze it all you want. Sounds like a line from a movie. Ever since Reagan, I've had a thing with actors playing politics. Any of 'em. From Baldwin to De Niro to Eastwood. I did like Arnold, though. And poor Sonny Bono.

Why is it important to you that an actor be seen as conservative politically?

It's the only way to reach the viewership of those in the Foxhole bubble. I didn't watch the whole interview, but I also saw him on MSNBC. I think it's good to get some glimmer of reality out to the brainwashed trumpists.
As someone who went down that rabbit hole for a while, I'm afraid that one has to pull him or herself out. It's kind of similar to addiction.

Yes, whereas other people might want freedom from hunger, freedom to not have their human rights taken away because they might be black or gay, freedom to have their vote count, etc. Conservatives hate that stuff.
That's the democrats narrative but you left out destroy the environment. LOL

As someone who went down that rabbit hole for a while, I'm afraid that one has to pull him or herself out. It's kind of similar to addiction.
I understand. Much respect.

That's the democrats narrative but you left out destroy the environment. LOL
I mean if you are going to get me some meaningless freedoms, I can at least respond with some freedoms that are a bit more fundamental.

I mean if you are going to get me some meaningless freedoms, I can at least respond with some freedoms that are a bit more fundamental.
Define "meaningless freedoms". Must be some new leftist terminology.

Define "meaningless freedoms". Must be some new leftist terminology.
I don't know about anyone's terminology, but if one looks at maslow's heirarchy of needs for example, eating is far more fundamental than the comfort of using a 4x4.

Expanded_Maslow%27s_Needs.webp

Something like a 4x4 is probably going to be in aesthetic needs, whereas food is a physiological need. Voting, I would rank in safety needs with the current push to marginalize liberals in various states.

I've re read the gibberish in the OP a few times and don't know what it is that liberals are supposed to be unhappy about. The mere fact he appeared on Fox news? I really could care less. If anything, I would think his comments anger the right since your leaders are the ones who want to fawn over Putin and undermine our efforts to help Ukraine.

Sean not only appeared on the reviled by leftist FOX news, he went right to the most hated man by leftist "white supremacist and racist" Sean hannity. They had a cordial conversation and the Hollywood star actually sounded like a conservative.

"Here's what we have to know," said Penn. "The Ukrainians are fighting to win. And they're fighting to win for the very thing that we're able to do right now. To be free, to dream. And that is what we say we represent as Americans."

"Let them fight it to win it, because they will," he added."

Question now is does the left cancel him for this abhorrent to them conciliatory gesture or does he get a pass? I think he gets a pass but I'm sure heads are exploding with the CRT -woke crowd. This is inappropriate behavior to them and maybe they will decide to make an example of Penn. Be interesting to see which way they go.

What exactly is your point? Around the same time frame he did a 20 minute interview with Laurence Odonnell (MSNBC) No one is going to cancel him. Perhaps he was exited to get his story out to the radical right as well as the left.

Why are you always trying to start up some shit? I applaud him for going on Fox. Many more like him should, if they are invited.

Sean not only appeared on the reviled by leftist FOX news, he went right to the most hated man by leftist "white supremacist and racist" Sean hannity. They had a cordial conversation and the Hollywood star actually sounded like a conservative.

"Here's what we have to know," said Penn. "The Ukrainians are fighting to win. And they're fighting to win for the very thing that we're able to do right now. To be free, to dream. And that is what we say we represent as Americans."

Question now is does the left cancel him for this abhorrent to them conciliatory gesture or does he get a pass? I think he gets a pass but I'm sure heads are exploding with the CRT -woke crowd. This is inappropriate behavior to them and maybe they will decide to make an example of Penn. Be interesting to see which way they go.

Why should the left be afraid of intelligent discussion of the issues?

Penn should have burned an American flag or something to let his commie buddies know he still has it!

I've re read the gibberish in the OP a few times and don't know what it is that liberals are supposed to be unhappy about. The mere fact he appeared on Fox news? I really could care less. If anything, I would think his comments anger the right since your leaders are the ones who want to fawn over Putin and undermine our efforts to help Ukraine.
@Chainsawmassacre loves to beat on his straw men.

It's sad that anyone agrees to appear on that show.
A typical modern liberal opinion. ^^^^

Sean Penn has a point of view that he is passionate about and wants to share, especially with people whom he knows have a different political perspective than his. So, Penn goes on Fox to hopefully to widen his supporters, and maybe challenge some people with strong opinions who if persuaded-- may have a change of heart.

So, what is wrong with that? I suppose you feel that going on a show like The View and simply being involved in an echo chamber is better than debate, or challenging other views? Penn to me represents what liberals USED TO be like; question authority, challenge mainstream views, and look to change minds by talking. Not shouting, not screaming, and not silencing opposition.

I don't agree with much of Penn's viewpoints, but he is a smart guy and he believes in his positions, so I respect that. People like Sean Penn, Jon Stewart, and few others willing to debate are fine with me.

Reactions: AJG

Great thread! 🤡

Actually, Tucker is by far the most reviled.

A typical modern liberal opinion. ^^^^

Sean Penn has a point of view that he is passionate about and wants to share, especially with people whom he knows have a different political perspective than his. So, Penn goes on Fox to hopefully to widen his supporters, and maybe challenge some people with strong opinions who if persuaded-- may have a change of heart.

So, what is wrong with that? I suppose you feel that going on a show like The View and simply being involved in an echo chamber is better than debate, or challenging other views? Penn to me represents what liberals USED TO be like; question authority, challenge mainstream views, and look to change minds by talking. Not shouting, not screaming, and not silencing opposition.

I don't agree with much of Penn's viewpoints, but he is a smart guy and he believes in his positions, so I respect that. People like Sean Penn, Jon Stewart, and few others willing to debate are fine with me.
Shouting and interrupting are Hannity's shtick. That show is contemptible, and it pretty much proves that parents were right when they told kids that too much TV would turn them into idiots.

Shouting and interrupting are Hannity's shtick. That show is contemptible, and it pretty much proves that parents were right when they told kids that too much TV would turn them into idiots.
You avoided the point. I don't watch Hannity, never liked his show. But Penn did nothing wrong by going on Hannity, or any other conservative show to make his (Penn's) opinions be heard.

Just become some liberals are butthurt over Hannity, does not mean a liberal cannot have a civil conversation with Hannity. This cancel mentality is that of a two year old type of mental ability.

You avoided the point. I don't watch Hannity, never liked his show. But Penn did nothing wrong by going on Hannity, or any other conservative show to make his (Penn's) opinions be heard.

Just become some liberals are butthurt over Hannity, does not mean a liberal cannot have a civil conversation with Hannity. This cancel mentality is that of a two year old type of mental ability.
Spare me the talking points. IDGAF.

Penn's history is dotted with severe lapses in judgment.

Sean Penn hasn’t had a significant role in anything since 2008. He’s already cancelled.

Hurricane Katrina, 2005. He launched a "rescue boat". It sprung a leak. He had to be rescued. He wore a beret like an artist.

In his defense:

Back
Top Bottom