• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Putin meddle in Belarus? It depends on what he thinks is best for "Russia"

This is my prediction, without deep knowledge of the belarus crisis or Putin's relationship with Lukashenko; but rather from years of watching the way Putin normally operates and indeed looking and broad history the way Russia has acted as regional power/empire over the centuries, regardless of its leadership:

Belarus is in trouble.

A scenario that seems likely to me, is Lukashenko is deposed in a popular revolution which either descends into fighting and chaos with the next military-backed strongman trying to step into Lukashenko's boots, or a popular democratic movement attempting to establish itself.

Either way, Russia sends its forces in to 'restore order' before things are decided. There's very little shooting and the country capitulates: Putin installs a slightly less brutal strongman who is a client of Russia (perhaps the aforementioned 'next guy') and gives Lukashenko a nice comfy dacha on the Black Sea instead.

Newspapers are shut down, activists arrested, opposition leaders leave and it's back to business as usual, not a democracy.

only in Miensk 400 000 people are pretesting under national flags , how do you think they will meet the traditional enemies ?

I think you are from Belarus (according to your nickname). If yes, can you tell me, please. what about protest now? Its start to extinguish or we must wait to weekend announced events?

US congressmen continue to live in a parallel world of their own exclusivity.

They condemned Putin's promise to help Belarus in the event of external military threats.

only in Miensk 400 000 people are pretesting under national flags , how do you think they will meet the traditional enemies ?

I think you are from Belarus (according to your nickname). If yes, can you tell me, please. what about protest now? Its start to extinguish or we must wait to weekend announced events?

P.S. Sorry, you are from Sweden. But why "litwin"?

US congressmen continue to live in a parallel world of their own exclusivity.

They condemned Putin's promise to help Belarus in the event of external military threats.

Are there any "external threats" for Belarus (except Russian, of course)?

Are there any "external threats" for Belarus (except Russian, of course)?

there are NOT others what so ever "external threats" except ONE: Muscovite horde

Russian-president-Vladimir-Putin-as-a-Mongol-Khan.-Drawing-by-Yakut-artist-Denis-Tsyrenzhapov-2.jpg

DhfsRJXVQAAMZeX.jpg

there are NOT others what so ever "external threats" except ONE: Muscovite horde

Russian-president-Vladimir-Putin-as-a-Mongol-Khan.-Drawing-by-Yakut-artist-Denis-Tsyrenzhapov-2.jpg

DhfsRJXVQAAMZeX.jpg

It sounds like russophobia.... - exactly the same thing I have read in russian semi-politic forum. In their opinion russophobia is anywhere. And Belarus` protest also ;)

Back
Top Bottom