• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Will history Repeat it self? ????

"Critical thinking is compatible with patriotism."

"Amnesia is not a requirement for patriotism."

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it. ."-- Edward R. Murrow

The peace and welfare of this and coming generations of Americans will be secure only as we cling to the watchword of true patriotism: "Our country -- when right to be kept right; when wrong to be put right." - Carl Schurz

Edith Cavell:
I realise that patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone.

George Bernard Shaw:
Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it.

and listen if you please:

Hermann Goering [Head of the Nazi Lufftwaffe (Air Force)]:
Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

does this sound familar?? Squawk and vague explain please!
(don't you just LOVE it when a liberal pulls something like this out of the hat lol)

Last edited:
I really CAN NOT BELIEVE some of the GRAP I'm reading !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

It seems some of think that all protesters were SPITTING and thowing EGGS or soilgers and that could not beforther from the thuth !!

Here are some untold / UNBRAGGED about facts # 1 the FBI we DRESSING up like HIPPYS they would just get in and START TROUBLE

A VARY good exemlpe was KENT STATE it was the FBI who really started trouble with the police !!. Then when all HELL BROKE OUT they were no wear to be found !!.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying we did not have any troble makers !.
But Myself and everbody I work with belived in /worked with tryed non volince solution

And one of the bigest probles was we were all inclueseve YOU DID NOT HAVE TO PASS A TEST , SHOW I.D 's we took everbody at their WORD

The down fall of that is the ASSHOLE made you look like ASSHOLES

REMEMBER ONE thig in LIFE ""DO NOT JUDGE A BUNCH BY THE ACTION OF A FEW

i have to log off now I'll edit latter

Freedom69 said:
A VARY good exemlpe was KENT STATE it was the FBI who really started trouble with the police !!. Then when all HELL BROKE OUT they were no wear to be found !!.

You are right, that was very messed up incident!! They were PEACEFULLY protesting which was thier right as American citizens. The FBI went overboard and something should have been done to correct it! Another overboard FBI endeaver was Waco...

GarzaUK said:
Hermann Goering [Head of the Nazi Lufftwaffe (Air Force)]:
Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country

This is an opinion and a rotten one at that. I think one of our members has a signature that says "Opinions are like butts..." every one has one. Sounds like this is something that you pulled out of your "opinion" because you are loosing the argument and ignoring what I am saying.

I am glad you had your kicks at my expense. Obviously you are picking and choosing your argument and blatantly passing over logic.

'Anti-war' protesters ... are giving, at the very least, comfort to Saddam Hussein." Therefore they can be accused of committing treason according to the Constitution. -- NY Sun Editorial, February 7, 2003

Another article:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/4/1/24950.shtml

Are you saying vague, that their isn't a saying spread by neo-conservatives that anti-war protesters are unpatriotic? Is that what you are saying? Because alot of people would disagree with you.

I'm not saying you agree with the anti-war protester - unpatriotic thing, but that's exactly what some other people think.

Goering:-Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

That isn't an opinion, that's a quote. And some people in America are using a Nazi tactic, it's right there in writing.

I disappointed that you can dismiss my views as rotten, I don't agree with you in most views vague, but I respect them.

GarzaUK said:
Are you saying vague, that their isn't a saying spread by neo-conservatives that anti-war protesters are unpatriotic? Is that what you are saying? Because alot of people would disagree with you.

I'm not saying you agree with the anti-war protester - unpatriotic thing, but that's exactly what some other people think.

Ahh... now I understand your position. I sincerely apologize. I was thinking that you were insulting my intelligence by not acknowledging my rebuttals. In hindsite, I can see that you were indeed rebutting them. We are both looking at the same thing but different angles.

Are you saying vague, that their isn't a saying spread by neo-conservatives that anti-war protesters are unpatriotic?

Indeed I would suspect there are a few. But that is not the norm. It truly lies in HOW they are protesting, not IF they are. The quality of the protesting if you will.

CORRECT protesting can yield some tremendous results. Slanderous, violent, or treasonous protesting will only be responded to negatively.

To quote the very first line from the link you submitted "Some of the anti-war protesters are unpatriotic and disloyal, and their actions border on treason." (notice bold word) The author did not use the word all or indicate a definitive about "all anti-war protestors".

Last but not least, that is an opinion editorial. Of which I agree, but the author presents no true facts to bind his argument.

It may be too late, but I was not calling YOUR opinion rotten, but the Nazi that stated that crap.

Oh and Happy Birthday. :)

Last edited:
vauge said:
You still do not get my point. Last attempt then I give.

1. Every anti-war protestor is/was possibly very patriotic.
2. Many protestors are within the confines of the correct way to protest. Excellent say what you want. True patriotism.
3. Folks like Fonda were for the ENEMY not the us. Therefore unpatriotic.
4. If a protestor is VIOLENT or threatening - they encourage stupidity and thier patriotism is questioned.
5. Be prepared to back your statements whether one is patriotic or not.

I forgot in my last post to say, that I agree with most of the points above. I just hate it when people (some in the UK as well) call you unpatriotic for not supporting the war or the President (coz there is a war on). Another example is the Fox News "Just shut up!" guy who tells people to just shut up if he disagrees with their views. You guys realize how dangerous this is?

Thanks for the happy birthday! :)

I ask you to THINK Re: Will history Repeat it self

THE BIG QUESTION

To all of you that do not believe me venison of the story !!

I ask you please tell me why after the VIETNAM war was over WHY didn't the FORD WHITE HOUSE throw a HUGE PARADE for OUR BRAVE MEN when they came home ??????????????????!!!!!

WHY didn't the Congress throw a HUGE PARADE ????????????

WHY didn't The SENATE throw A HUGE PRADE ??????????????

WHY didn"t the VFW GROUPS throw A HUGE PRADE ???????

WHY didn't the NIGHTS of CULUMBUS throw A HUGE PRADE ????????

WHY DIDN'T THE AMERICAN PEOPLE THROW A HUGE PRADE ??????????

Could it be the were ASHAMED of OUR HERO'S ?????????????

If so WHY!!!!!. These brave BOY / MEN / GIRLS / WOMEN alll did their job THEY PUT THEIR LIFES ON THE LINE and so 58,000 ALREADY GAVE THEIR LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( and 100,000's WONDED )

So the next the someone says to you IT WAS THOSE ANTI-WAR HIPPYS who caused the UNITED STATES TO LOSSS THE WAR !!
Please ask them these QUESTIONS

When I 1st wrote WILL HISTORY REPEAT IT'S SELF I guess I did not make myself CLEAR . Yes I was a protester my as well as the goal MOST of the protesters was to BRING OUR BOYS home ALIVE !!!!!.

The fact is the U S government was lying to the AMERICAN people READ the book by ROBERT MC.Maria he Findlay admitted THEY Lied to the AMERICAN people !.

I understand by reading your profiles most of you GUYS / GALS are way to young to Know what really happened !!>

So I ask you this QUESTION when you hear SOME PEOPLE say the it was THOSE ANTI-WAR HIPPY'S who cause the UNITED STATES to loss the war !.
I have to remade you. When President KENNEDY was alive he sent in the GREEN BERATE"S to help out the VIETNAMESE"S people in 1960

WILL, EDIT LATER

HEY SQUAWKER I WONDER SENSE YOU ARE 58-59 YEARS OLD I HAVE TO WONDER IF YOU WERE IN THE

RUMFELD, CHEENY, REILLY , RUSH, FAMILY OF CHICKEN HAWKS ""
YOU SURE DO SOUND LIKE THEM

HOWEVER IF YOU DID SERVE I WILL SAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY

BELIEVE ME I EVEN HAVE A NEPHEW HE DID NOT SERVE EITHER BUT HE LOVE THAT WAR ""BUT ONLY IF SOMEONE ELSE GOES """

And today he has son 26 years old they both support the war BUT ONLY IF SOMEONE ELSE GOES

He also said one of the STUPIDEST things I ever HEARD The WAR IS GOOD for the STOCK MARKET !!!. AND yes he has"" MONEY IN THE STOCK MARKET ""

"""AND BEFORE YOU ASK I ALSO HAVE MONEY IN THE STOCK MARKET """
I JUST DON'T FEEL IT'S WORTH EVEN 1 OF OUR BRAVE MEN /WOMEN LIVES""

He really shows were his VALUES ARE

HIS MONEY for some Else's LIFE

HOWEVER IF YOU DID SERVE I WILL SAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY
Don't bother thanking me. You are one of the worthless pieces of **** we wished we could have killed. You can rewrite history all you want and pretend you care about the loss of life and pretend everything you did was because you hated war. Don't PM me again, don't reply to me. **** off.

Squawker said:
Don't bother thanking me. You are one of the worthless pieces of **** we wished we could have killed. You can rewrite history all you want and pretend you care about the loss of life and pretend everything you did was because you hated war. Don't PM me again, don't reply to me. **** off.

Thank you Squawker, you have given me a reason not to waste my typing or breath on you views, if you threaten one person views on a DEBATE forum by wishing a person to be killed, you threaten all of ours views. Does he represent the land of the free? Goodbye Squawker, have a good life.

I think they have an ignore button and since you don't know what this nut sent to me in a PM I suggest you take your own advise and "don't judge.

This is where the Admin job gets tuff.

I took the liberty of searching for the PM, but it appears to have been deleted. I did not read any PM's (other than to me), as they are private and will remain so.

The Viet Nam period is a very sensative topic to many of our servicemen. (read back about the eggs - But it was a helluva lot worse in other places) Many many vets could not find jobs. Many vets were ostrasized in thier own hometown. There were protestors that were for the war as well as against. There were folks that were drafted. There were folks that have gone through hell and back for this very fine country of ours. For some, hell was back home in the US and not on the battlefield.

I must have missed this post when Freedom69 PM'd me and told me he was threatened. I told him to defened himself - that is what debating is all about. Purhaps, I am personally responsible for this. I can say first hand that Freedom69's unique writing style has made me wonder of his intensions until further talking with him. He has a big heart and throws it out for all to see. Bear that in mind when reading his posts and PM's.

The biggest issue I have with sqawkers statement is "don't bother replying". This is a forum for discussion and replying is why we are here. If you don't want a reply, don't bother posting.

The part about wishing death. Re-read the statement. He said "wished we COULD have". That statment is past tense, how can one question honesty?

Now with all that said, I respectfully ask that BOTH of you use the ignor feature of the forums.

Go figure .... The Hanoi Jane's and the Michael Moore's of the world are poor example's of the phrase True Americans....True Ameican's support their country! True American's support the troops and shake their hands when they return from war situations. True Americans.. aren't war COWARDS who dodged the draft. For those of you who protest.. Shake my husband's hand next time you see him or one of his brothers/sisters in arms.. for they are the one's making the sacrafice's that keep your country safe and your constitutional rights yours. You have two choices! Continue sitting at home watching the media and drawing your own conclusions.. Or get up and go out and talk to someone who has been to Iraq! Get the real story from them.. Get the story and the facts from one of them who has been there! Ask them if they would go back again! I can tell you from personal experience that my husband has been there several times! He is in fact getting ready to return once again. He obviously isn't going just to go and he has had the oppertunity to transfer to other units that aren't going to redeploy back to Iraq. He will tell you that he has been there and seen the good coming out of what the military and the United States Government is doing there and that we are there for all the right reason's. So don't be Ignorant get the facts from someone who gets classified word and who has been there and seen what is really going on. Ask what we have changed for that country and what freedoms they are now receiving!

Back
Top Bottom