• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will CIVIL SUITS follow Kyle Rittenhouse after his NOT GUILTY verdict today?

Will CIVIL SUITS follow Kyle Rittenhouse after his NOT GUILTY verdict today?

• Yes

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
He killed 2 people wounding another with his AR-15. Will the families of these 3 file civil suits against Rittenhouse?

He killed 2 people wounding another with his AR-15. Will the families of these 3 file civil suits against Rittenhouse?

Too early to tell. But if righties had anything to do with it, anyone who called Rittenhouse a vigilante a murderer or a vigilante should be sued. Which includes people right here on DP.

I thought the Right was all in favor of free speech. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised

Too early to tell. But if righties had anything to do with it, anyone who called Rittenhouse a vigilante a murderer or a vigilante should be sued. Which includes people right here on DP.

I thought the Right was all in favor of free speech. :rolleyes:

Libel and slander are not protected speech.

i think you guys need to understand that Kyle will sign endorsement deals and make a bundle off of the killings. it's my personal opinion that he will have plenty of cash to settle out of court if need be.

all he has to do is make sure he doesn't hire a money guy who embezzles.

Hopefully, Kyle will sue several news outlets out of existence.
eh, that could take a lot of $$$$ and effort and years.

why do that when he can just make a ton from endorsements and such?

who are they going to sue as the actor was a juvenile of 17 when the incident(s) occurred?

what would they hope to recover from a fellow whose last job was "lifeguard"?

I don't know...but I'm guessing Rittenhouse could get a decent amount of money from the media and even the government. I just don't know if he'll want to continue on in the spotlight of the vicious left.

Sure. Anyone can sue anyone. Look at the thousands of frivolous lawsuits trump has waged against his enemies. The real question is: Will any of these suits be successful? The answer to that is "NO"!

There have already been lawsuits filed in April. The guy that testified Gaige G also said he had filed a lawsuit. It was a question asked at the trial.
They may have to be amended though since he has been acquitted

Kyle Rittenhouse, Facebook and militia groups facing lawsuit over fatal shootings at Jacob Blake protest​

A civil rights lawsuit was filed this week against suspected shooter Kyle Rittenhouse, Facebook and self-styled militia groups the "Kenosha Guard" and "Boogaloo Bois," after two people were killed and a third was seriously wounded during an August protest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, over the police shooting of Jacob Blake.

who are they going to sue as the actor was a juvenile of 17 when the incident(s) occurred?

You are assuming that KR will not sue for libel and slander. Some of those pockets are plenty deep.

You are assuming that KR will not sue for libel and slander. Some of those pockets are plenty deep.
i was referring to the filing of civil suits against that 18 year old rittenhouse for actions he took prior to the age of emancipation

hopefully, his attorneys will set up an entity that will shield any substantial revenues he receives subsequent to this verdict

Remember OJ?

This kid may be working for free for the rest of his life.

Not likely since those known to have deeper pockets are much better targets.

That's the reason we wouldn't be sued? Good lord, righties (not you) are getting scarier by the minute. And they say that the Rittenhouse verdicts haven't emboldened them. :oops:

i was referring to the filing of civil suits against that 18 year old rittenhouse for actions he took prior to the age of emancipation

hopefully, his attorneys will set up an entity that will shield any substantial revenues he receives subsequent to this verdict

Some may try, but with no criminal conviction it’s a long shot.

Doesn't matter. Future earnings are at stake. Preponderance of the evidence is quite different from beyond a reasonable doubt. Ask OJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom