• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why?

And your plans that you'd recommend?

Surely you didnt miss where I asked you that already in post 2?
I wasn’t elected POTUS. My plan is irrelevant. This is about Biden’s actions. Call it his plan if you like. It’s destined to fail like everything else he touches.

Yes... His actions are leading to nuclear winter. He lacks the faculties to avoid it.
Trump's election brought us to this point. Putin thinks he has half of America on his side and they will take over as a result of this aggression. He is dead wrong and so are you.

Simple question. Why does Biden get all worked up about Americans dying of Covid?

Because for all his faults, he is not an evil sociopath. He is actually a president in more than the technical sense, like him or not.

But he wants to turn us to glass at the same time. You forgot about part of the thread equation

Do better

Well, Trump wants to molest children to death before he turns them into glass, so why do you lie that?

:rolleyes:

Trump's election brought us to this point. Putin thinks he has half of America on his side and they will take over as a result of this aggression. He is dead wrong and so are you.
dismissed at Jump St.

I wasn’t elected POTUS. My plan is irrelevant. This is about Biden’s actions. Call it his plan if you like. It’s destined to fail like every else he touches.
Now you are really projecting. The one term mistake is the king of failure. He could not even get Zelensky to fall for his scheme to make up dirt on Biden. The only thing he was right about was that Biden would beat the shit out of him in the election.

Now you are really projecting. The one term mistake is the king of failure.
You have confidence in Biden?

My god. I’ve met 1 of the 3 out of 10 that think so.

You have confidence in Biden?

My god. I’ve met 1 of the 3 out of 10 that think so.
Biden is doing the right thing for America and the world in Ukraine . The only thing Putin respects is strength. The Ukrainians will put him in his place with our help. I thank the lord daily that Mr. One and done is not in power during this crisis. Who even knows which side he would be on?

Simple question. Why does Biden get all worked up about Americans dying of Covid?

I refer to the statics that show chances of dying from Covid are minuscule?

And at the same juncture he (or whoever) is marching us toward world extinction via WW3

How do we square the two?
To a certain degree, there was/is an argument to be made that if we had quarantined people more, required social distancing more, and so on and so forth, the disease would have spread slower and the existing care infrastructure wouldn't have been overwhelmed by Covid symptom cases to the point where they couldn't care for everyone in at least a few places.

The result of this was more people dying than would have in an ideal situation where everyone got sufficient care while undergoing Covid symptoms.

That said, I think we're currently not in the "oh **** so many cases we can't handle it" mode anymore.
Still, I think a small percentage of everyone who gets the virus dies no matter what the hospitals and other such do.

Part of what Biden ran on was basically "Trump isn't doing it right, elect me and less people die from Covid".

So I assume this is what remains of that.

---------------------

As for the WWIII thing, based on the apparent quality of Russian conventional forces as applied to Ukraine, I'm seriously wondering how many of their ICBM's are just rusted out shells masquerading as threats.

I think Biden and his staff are going to try and do as much as they can to ensure Ukraine wins this war, and also that they'll try to avoid direct conflict with Russia.

Russia/Putin are, I hope, not crazy enough to use nuclear weapons. But I just don't know.

Yet, it'd be too much to expect Biden to do nothing. Ukraine has done more harm to Russia's perceived power than anything in the past few decades. It'd be foolish not to capitalize on that as much as possible.

I'm sure your words comfort the families of the ~700,000 covid dead. I find you using them as a political poker chip disgusting, but not a surprise.

And I'd love to hear what you'd prefer he do regarding Putin and Ukraine.

Your solution(s) please?
"Political chip"? Your "Appeal to Emotion" logical fallacy is more political.

To a certain degree, there was/is an argument to be made that if we had quarantined people more, required social distancing more, and so on and so forth, the disease would have spread slower and the existing care infrastructure wouldn't have been overwhelmed by Covid symptom cases to the point where they couldn't care for everyone in at least a few places.

The result of this was more people dying than would have in an ideal situation where everyone got sufficient care while undergoing Covid symptoms.

That said, I think we're currently not in the "oh **** so many cases we can't handle it" mode anymore.
Still, I think a small percentage of everyone who gets the virus dies no matter what the hospitals and other such do.

Part of what Biden ran on was basically "Trump isn't doing it right, elect me and less people die from Covid".

So I assume this is what remains of that.

---------------------

As for the WWIII thing, based on the apparent quality of Russian conventional forces as applied to Ukraine, I'm seriously wondering how many of their ICBM's are just rusted out shells masquerading as threats.

I think Biden and his staff are going to try and do as much as they can to ensure Ukraine wins this war, and also that they'll try to avoid direct conflict with Russia.

Russia/Putin are, I hope, not crazy enough to use nuclear weapons. But I just don't know.

Yet, it'd be too much to expect Biden to do nothing. Ukraine has done more harm to Russia's perceived power than anything in the past few decades. It'd be foolish not to capitalize on that as much as possible.
And your last sentence perhaps sums up Putin’s decision. No time to go toe to toe with the US than right now. We are at our weakest in decades.

And I’m not sold on Russias demise. Thinking of comedian reports of my death etc.

I sense a Russian possum wandering about. Hope they’re not sandbagging because I lack confidence anymore re: our intelligence community

I didn't say Covid was a manufactured crisis.
It all comes from "Never let a good crisis go to waste." (Even if you have to manufacture the crisis.)

lol What crisis were you talking about then? The OP was about covid.

And your last sentence perhaps sums up Putin’s decision. No time to go toe to toe with the US than right now. We are at our weakest in decades.

And I’m not sold on Russias demise. Thinking of comedian reports of my death etc.

I sense a Russian possum wandering about. Hope they’re not sandbagging because I lack confidence anymore re: our intelligence community
It is good that you finally realize how much damage Trump did to America and the world. His assault on NATO was disastrous. I admit it surprises me.

It all comes from "Never let a good crisis go to waste." (Even if you have to manufacture the crisis.)

lol What crisis were you talking about then? The OP was about covid.
I was talking about "crisis" in general and the left's use of it.

"Political chip"? Your "Appeal to Emotion" logical fallacy is more political.

Please explain how the OP was NOT using covid deaths to make his point about politics. Please explain why he brought those deaths up.

I sense a Russian possum wandering about. Hope they’re not sandbagging.
If Putin thinks he can take the USA on, he's a blind idiot.
Even assuming you're right about us being weak now, we still outspend Russia on military by so much that graphs like this are a thing:

0053_defense_comparison-full.gif

Our military quite literally plans to have the capability of taking on at least two other major powers at the same time, and I'd bet that at least some of that planning included the perceived power Russia had before it showed it's ass in Ukraine.

Even assuming 33% of that spending is wasted on corruption, which is probably a wild overestimation, but using that, we still would be spending at least ten times as much as Russia, even assuming they have no corruption of their own to worry about. Which isn't the case.

-----------------

Now, if you mean political will to fight a war with Russia, that I'm less sure of. But I think the chances of Russia winning such a conflict are maybe 25% at the very most.

Please explain how the OP was NOT using covid deaths to make his point about politics. Please explain why he brought those deaths up.
Please explain where he made ANY reference to political at all. You're the one that threw the "apply to emotion" fallacy into the discussion.

Please explain where he made ANY reference to political at all. You're the one that threw the "apply to emotion" fallacy into the discussion.

He made a post regarding politics and politicians...the current war. <<<< There's my answer.

Why did he bring covid deaths into it?

Your turn.

Yes... His actions are leading to nuclear winter. He lacks the faculties to avoid it.

By helping a nation defend itself from invasion?

He made a post regarding politics and politicians...the current war. <<<< There's my answer.

Your turn.
Ask him.

Ha ha ha....your failure revealed. How pathetic.

Because he used it 'politically.' Your answer is 'ask him' because you dont have any other answer :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Your turn.A
Seriously? A little touchy, aren't we? :cool:

Seriously? A little touchy, aren't we? :cool:

No, I'm laughing. You attempted a little 'gotcha' snark, and as usual...failed. You are...amusing. :D

No, I'm laughing. You attempted a little 'gotcha' snark, and as usual...failed. You are...amusing. :D
I did? That's news to me.

Back
Top Bottom