• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why?

Evilroddy

Pragmatic, pugilistic, prancing, porcine politico.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Why would anyone want to quantum entangle qubits in tardigrades? Maybe the researchers succeeded or maybe they didn't but why do it in the first place? I'm stumped. Do we want our water-bears cleverly encrypted at the quantum level? What's the point?

Any ideas? I'm stumped.

Cheers, be well and season's greetings.
Evilroddy.

It makes for a good headline. I had to be told twice that a "tardigrade" was a real animal.

Quantum entanglement is a state in which is theorized possible to achieve quantum communication, like sending Jeff Goldblum across a room. This experiment is the first time something living has survived being put into the state of entanglement, though nothing near communication. I'm looking for the reality of the theory to take just a tad longer than AI, which was first theorized around 1954 or so. Maybe longer than a tad. Jeff will have to go into a cryogenic state and wait.

Why would anyone want to quantum entangle qubits in tardigrades? Maybe the researchers succeeded or maybe they didn't but why do it in the first place? I'm stumped. Do we want our water-bears cleverly encrypted at the quantum level? What's the point?

Any ideas? I'm stumped.

Cheers, be well and season's greetings.
Evilroddy.

I'm going to need more coffee to understand what's going on here.

Looks like it’s out of the new Star Trek series.

I may be wrong, but "tard" means slow, and "grade" could mean academic achievement.
Tardigrades, aka water bears, are some of the toughest organisms on the planet. They can survy everything from freezing to boiling and even vacuum.

I'm going to need more coffee to understand what's going on here.

The OP is the one who needed the coffee to bother doing his own homework and take the few minutes to google and answer his own question. Then the post could have been made substantive or avoided all together.

The OP is the one who needed the coffee to bother doing his own homework and take the few minutes to google and answer his own question. Then the post could have been made substantive or avoided all together.
Bluesmoke:

Meow! Someone is feeling catty today. I did take the time to research the question and I could not justify why this research needed to be done. Bohr's declaration was already disproved when quantum entanglement was found to play a role in photosynthesis occurring in cyano-bacteria and the chloroplasts of green plants.

So what's the point, I ask again?

For those who wish to read the paper here it is:

Cheers, be well and Happy New Year.
Evilroddy.

Bluesmoke:

Meow! Someone is feeling catty today. I did take the time to research the question and I could not justify why this research needed to be done. Bohr's declaration was already disproved when quantum entanglement was found to play a role in photosynthesis occurring in cyano-bacteria and the chloroplasts of green plants.

Evilroddy.
They explained why in that paper.

Bluesmoke:

Evilroddy.
:( So this isn't step one toward Beam Me Up Scotty?

Bluesmoke:

Evilroddy.

Had you done the research you say, you could have answered the first 4 questions of your OP. Or, you could have said why there was no satisfactory answer. You didn't. You asked others for their ideas without taking a position yourself, incumbent in an OP. Now you act as if you knew the answers, at least partially, all along. If you really don't know what the point is, then you don't understand the point of scientific research. Period.

Back
Top Bottom