• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why We Need Guns[W27, 182]

On the contrary, he said he "always has one out." Even when he's asleep?? Proper gun safety dictates that guns be stored in a locked gun safe.

again a silly blanket statement that has no connection to known reality

You say that but I don't believe you ever took a gun out of safety before . It is not so difficult as you say it is for a knowledge person in the matter . Their are many examples of how guns had protected someone and most of the time you just have to show you have a gun and robbers start running without someone even firing a shot
What? "gun out of safety before"? I am not following that.
And if I show it, its going to be used. Iam not going to give someone the advantage of thinking Iam unwilling to use it.

Scared of slavery? Slaves were traded though out the eastern sea board. North and south. But why do you think the north won? Greater technological advantage including guns.

Yes they were the north was a industrious trader and if they had slaves they had very little . Free labor puts people out of work even when the immigrants came the northern were very violent toward them because they require less money and work more hours do you believe they would allow a large amount of slaves to replace them ? The south was more used to using there weapons then the north but the north was able to reproduce more guns then the south . Although guns were used for the wrong side but being knowledgeable about guns was a large advantage that kept the war going for years .

If you don't store your guns in a safe then you are recklessly disregarding gun safety, and you are obviously not concerned about your family's safety at all. I will keep you in my prayers.
Please dont pray for me, pray for the idiot that comes in to my home to do us harm.

It is positively bone-chilling that so many hoplophiles are so ignoran of basic gun storage safety. Here is a good primer:How to store guns safely in your home | Fox News

At a minimum it a firearm should be kept unloaded and locked (worthless in an emergency). It is safest to keep it in a safe.

If you don't store your guns in a safe then you are recklessly disregarding gun safety, and you are obviously not concerned about your family's safety at all. I will keep you in my prayers.
My guns are always in a safe if Iam not home. One comes out at night. What gun safety rule am I disregarding. Oh, and there are no children in our home unless we are babysitting.
The the gun goes to the top shelf of the closet. Dont think a 15 month old is going up there.

Please dont pray for me, pray for the idiot that comes in to my home to do us harm.

I will pray that there is no negligent discharge for the loaded gun you have confessed to have lying around, which is far more likely to be a hazard to you and your family's safety than any criminal.

It is positively bone-chilling that so many hoplophiles are so ignoran of basic gun storage safety. Here is a good primer:How to store guns safely in your home | Fox News

At a minimum it a firearm should be kept unloaded and locked (worthless in an emergency). It is safest to keep it in a safe.

edify us on your training in defensive gun use

you make blanket statements that have zero applicability to many homes

What? "gun out of safety before"? I am not following that.
And if I show it, its going to be used. Iam not going to give someone the advantage of thinking Iam unwilling to use it.

He made it seem how hard it was to take a gun out of safety . I don't believe he had ever take a gun out of safety before or he would reverse his statement . If you have a gun how will the criminal know you are not going to use it or not I was simply stating that you don't even have to shoot the gun and that they would run when they merely see the weapon .

I will pray that there is no negligent discharge for the loaded gun you have confessed to have lying around, which is far more likely to be a hazard to you and your family's safety than any criminal.

another blanket statement that is stupid

when my kid was under the age of 8, every gun was locked up unless it was on my person. When my son started being trained in shooting things change but if he had friends over, again all the guns were locked or on my wife or my person. Now that he is 15, he has a safe in his own room. Some firearms are readily available. Both he and my wife have had years of high level firearms training from top professionals. Me-I am a top professional

He made it seem how hard it was to take a gun out of safety . I don't believe he had ever take a gun out of safety before or he would reverse his statement . If you have a gun how will the criminal know you are not going to use it or not I was simply stating that you don't even have to shoot the gun and that they would run when they merely see the weapon .

generally those who know the least about guns are the ones who feel the most need to lecture others on how to handle them

On the contrary, he said he "always has one out." Even when he's asleep?? Proper gun safety dictates that guns be stored in a locked gun safe.

Sleeping with one maybe a hyperbole but having one out doesn't mean it is not stored safely or is safely some where on him so that it does not discharge and striking someone or themselves .

Last edited:
Sleeping with one maybe a hyperbole but having one out doesn't mean it is not stored safely or is safely some where on him so that it does not discharge and striking someone or themselves .
How is it unsafe for my gun to be on the night stand next to me? I know right were it is and unless you step on my dog, come in with a flash light, and generally make way more noise than most "robbers" would want to. It will be in my hand and brought to bear.

I am taking what he is saying to mean he keeps a loaded gun out while he sleeps. If I am wrong and he properly stores his guns unloaded and with a locking device at all times then I will happily retract. But the point is that if a gun is stored safely then it is not helpful in an emergency situation because it is inaccessible.

If you are practicing proper gun safety and storing it the firearm in a gun safe, then you are not likely to have a gun around when you need it either.

You have a God-given right to own a gun and to attempt to use it in self defense. But it is still a really dumb idea.

The dumb idea is not having a gun within reach at most, if not all times. I have two loaded and one unloaded pistol within my reach as I type this response.

It is all well and good to "never be far away from your gun" but in an emergency situation it is far better to be running away than fumbling with a gun safe. That's avoidance. If you were truly concerned about protecting your family you would want to keep them out of danger, not put them in a more dangerous situation just so you can play with your gun.

Only a fool would keep all his guns in a gun safe. I don't even own a gun safe, but I'm willing for you to donate one to me if you think they are that important.

The dumb idea is not having a gun within reach at most, if not all times. I have two loaded and one unloaded pistol within my reach as I type this response.

No, that is not correct gun safety procedures. Whether you choose to acknowledge to or not, you are actually being very reckless and placing yourself and your loved ones at far greater risk.

Only a fool would keep all his guns in a gun safe. I don't even own a gun safe, but I'm willing for you to donate one to me if you think they are that important.
You clearly have no business owning a gun to begin with since you are not willing to practice correct gun safety.

It is positively bone-chilling that so many hoplophiles are so ignoran...

One piece of advice. When you call someone ignorant, at least spell it correctly.

No, that is not correct gun safety procedures. Whether you choose to acknowledge to or not, you are actually being very reckless and placing yourself and your loved ones at far greater risk.

I have on children at home, most of the day I am home alone. Other than someone who might decide to break in, exactly who am I putting at risk?

I have on children at home, most of the day I am home alone. Other than someone who might decide to break in, exactly who am I putting at risk?
Yourself and anyone else who lives in the house.

You clearly have no business owning a gun to begin with since you are not willing to practice correct gun safety.

I don't own a gun, I own several guns. I am 61 years old, I have a CCL license here in Texas. Years ago I was trained by the state of Texas in firearm safety when I worked as a prison guard. I hardly think I need you to explain gun safety to me.

Taking advice from someone like you concerning firearm safety is kin to using WebMD in place of going to the doctor.

One piece of advice. When you call someone ignorant, at least spell it correctly.

If you're going to give somebody **** about making a typo, don't make one yourself in the very next post.

Back
Top Bottom