• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why was Martin considered as SUSPICIOUS by Zimmerman?

He was black.

It wasn't wearing a hat in the rain or eating candy.

we'll know more when the books come out ... from a Huffingtonpost.com article ...

Juror B37 recently signed a book deal with Martin Literary Management president Sharlene Martin.

Actually, since you like the zebra stripes of the referee, it was you that failed to point out what those perfectly normal things are considered as "suspicious" to warrant a call into the police.
No, they were totally acceptable. He looked like, and was wearing what people that had been breaking in to homes in the area.
But I guess because as it turns out he was black, Zimmerman should have just cowerd and got in his truck and put it out of his mind.

I'm serious. But you want to look for some other sinister reason, so it couldn't possibly be that.

(Just so you know, Haymarket, this isn't personal...I just completely disagree with this. You'll always have my respect . . . even when you're dead wrong. ;))

Maggie - really now --- you and I both know the obvious reason but your side is walking on eggshells trying to avoid it like a rotting leper tries to avoid high winds.

Why can't you side at least be honest?

one of Zimmerman's black neighbors said it best: "black boys have been robbing houses in the neighborhood. That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin"

Zimmerman only mentions race when pressed though.

I don't see anything wrong with being suspicious of black kids when your neighborhood has been plagued by crimes committed by black kids but Zimmerman was clearly more interested in Martin's behavior that night. Contrary to what haymarket would like to believe, he didn't call the 911 saying "some nigger doesn't know his place". He called 911 saying there's someone walking around, looking in homes late at night. That is suspicious.

Are you sure I was attacking you? I was just saying you, like many, pay attention to stupid things. Like this. And many more. And this trial in general. So yeah. That is actually a valid observation.

The "stupid thing" you are talking about is what started this event. As such, it is rather crucial.

whatever you have to tell yourself........

LOL ... got nothing, huh? that's O.K. ... I suggest you do more reading of posts than posting yourself ... I'm sure that your grandpa told you, "You learn more with your mouth shut."

The entire sad episode of Zimmerman killing Martin began with Zimmerman making a judgement that Martin was suspicious. And he was so seriously suspicious that he even called it in to the local police.

So a simple question: what was Martin doing that warranted him to be judged as suspicious meriting a phone call to report him to the local police?

Doesn't matter what M was doing

Z didn’t violate the law by reporting M as suspicious....

As a matter of fact, our government encourages it If You See Something, Say Something | Homeland Security

one of Zimmerman's black neighbors said it best: "black boys have been robbing houses in the neighborhood. That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin"

So it was his race.

The entire sad episode of Zimmerman killing Martin began with Zimmerman making a judgement that Martin was suspicious. And he was so seriously suspicious that he even called it in to the local police.

So a simple question: what was Martin doing that warranted him to be judged as suspicious meriting a phone call to report him to the local police?

I find that message absurdly annoying by you since you've been in this topic from the start. This this OP is just baiting to try to erase every message of the Zimmerman board and wanting to start from scratch.

THE MOST VEHEMENT ANTI-GZ person her, Sharon, more than once, acknowledges she would have seen TM's actions initially as highly suspicious - wandering near homes, in the dark, in the rain, hiding his face under a hood, seemingly talking to himself and waving his arms around. Sharon only disputes what GZ then did personally, not calling the police. And what GZ phoned in? That TM was acting like he was on drugs. A person wandering around in the dark, rain, near homes waving his arms around talking to himself would seem like someone on drugs to most people.

And since GZ calling the police was not illegal in any manner AND SINCE THIS HAS BEEN DEBATED FOR OVER A YEAR, your OP is just, in my opinion, your efforts to try to be as annoying as you can figure how to be.

The only answer haymarket will accept is "because he was a nigger".

His question would be readily available if he just looked at the 911 transcript.

I looked for it in the transcript buy could find nothing. On what page is the testimony of Zimmerman explaining the answer?

The "stupid thing" you are talking about is what started this event. As such, it is rather crucial.

No. What started the event was a lot of stupid people paying attention to the media.

This would have been just another case in the numerous murder cases that happen every year in the USA if the people wouldn't be so stupid as to follow this case and turn it into a national debate. If the media had seen there would be no audience to be had with this story, they would have tried their best to pursue it for 1-2 days, if no luck, they'd switch to other topics. But noo.. people like you had to watch and fall prey to it.

No, they were totally acceptable. He looked like, and was wearing what people that had been breaking in to homes in the area.
But I guess because as it turns out he was black, Zimmerman should have just cowerd and got in his truck and put it out of his mind.

Acceptable to a true believer who lies about their true motivations and will accept old bag of manure as an excuse.

Yea, thats what you started this thread for. So yea. Nice race hustle there man. Good job.
You should apply for a job with Rev Al's group.

How does attacking me provide a rational reason for the suspicions of Zimmerman?

Maggie - really now --- you and I both know the obvious reason but your side is walking on eggshells trying to avoid it like a rotting leper tries to avoid high winds.

Why can't you side at least be honest?

"Like a rotting leper tries to avoid high winds." Remind me never to fly a kite with you.

Okay. Let's say he did find him suspicious because he was walking in the rain with a hoodie on, talking to himself, and matched the profile of previous burglars and home invaders because he was black. What problem do you have with that??

Damn you!!! You can't call the police on that kid who's walking in the rain and talking to himself. He's black!!! You're prejudiced! You deserve to spend thirty years in jail, you bigot.

Give me a break.

I find that message absurdly annoying by you since you've been in this topic from the start. This this OP is just baiting to try to erase every message of the Zimmerman board and wanting to start from scratch.

THE MOST VEHEMENT ANTI-GZ person her, Sharon, more than once, acknowledges she would have seen TM's actions initially as highly suspicious - wandering near homes, in the dark, in the rain, hiding his face under a hood, seemingly talking to himself and waving his arms around. Sharon only disputes what GZ then did personally, not calling the police. And what GZ phoned in? That TM was acting like he was on drugs. A person wandering around in the dark, rain, near homes waving his arms around talking to himself would seem like someone on drugs to most people.

And since GZ calling the police was not illegal in any manner AND SINCE THIS HAS BEEN DEBATED FOR OVER A YEAR, your OP is just, in my opinion, your efforts to try to be as annoying as you can figure how to be.

Walking through a neighborhood in the dark wearing a hood because it was raining..... this is what you got?!?!?!?!? :shock::doh

This is something done by millions of Americans at one time or another. And that amounts to SUSPICIOUS behavior that warrants a call to the police!?!?!?!?!? :doh

Come on now folks. Just be honest.

So it was his race.

his race was certainly ONE of the factors. but only so much in that his race matched the race, age and gender of known criminals in the area. Had the recent robberies in the area been committed by white, hispanic, asian males...you might have a case when claiming that zimmerman thought martin was suspicious because he was black.

zimmerman thought martin looked suspicious because martin fit all of the parameters of the profile of known criminals in the area. race being only one of them.

Wearing a hoodie is legal and something thousands of people do every day.
How "close to houses" was he exactly?
What does the fact that it was "a gated community" have to do with it? Are the laws different in a gated community?
How do you or Zimmerman know he did "not belong" there? Why did he "not belong there" Where exactly did Martin "belong"?
There was nothing to indicate Martin had anything to do with past criminal history in the neighborhood.

So far, you have nothing.

So again, what was suspicious about Martin?

Never said illegal, however you should probably know the definition of suspicious:

sus·pi·cious
/səˈspiSHəs/Adjective
1.Having or showing a cautious distrust of someone or something.
2.Causing one to have the idea or impression that something or someone is of questionable, dishonest, or dangerous character or condition.

"Like a rotting leper tries to avoid high winds." Remind me never to fly a kite with you.

Okay. Let's say he did find him suspicious because he was walking in the rain with a hoodie on, talking to himself, and matched the profile of previous burglars and home invaders because he was black. What problem do you have with that??

Give me a break.

Come on now Maggie - the leper remark was creative. :lol: And I would love to fly a kite with you - maybe not in lighting storm however.

The problem I have is that I get sick and tired of being sick and tired of people on the right screaming, yelling, ranting, raving and just generally bitching about the left introducing freaking RACE into this when it was Zimmerman who was pushed by RACE from the get go.

Your side would do well to shut the heck up about RACE when the single event which started this thing had RACE stamped all over it in mile high letters.

Never said illegal, however you should probably know the definition of suspicious:

fantastic. now apply that to Zimmerman and tell me what Martin did that was suspicious and warranted a report to the police.

How does attacking me provide a rational reason for the suspicions of Zimmerman?

Because of your obvious race overtone.
You were given the answer by mulitple posters, same as Zimmerman said in video testimony. And you refuse to just take if for its face value.
If I see you driving down the road, and you look just like someone that broke into my home or stole my car. I would call the police.

Zimmerman determined that Trayvon Martin had the look of a guy that might get paranoid of other people walking on the sidewalk behind him and who potentially might try to pop that person's head like a grape on the sidewalk.

All in all he was pretty close...

In the sane world Martin would have asked why Zimmerman was following him and they could have laughed off the mistaken identity, Martin would thank Zimmerman for his service and they would have gone their separate ways.

One person decided to turn that encounter into a fight to the death instead and he died for it.

Back
Top Bottom