• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why the Red Flag idea is bad... on so many levels

You seem well suited for a writing job at the comedy channel MSNBC.

Perhaps a side show with the two boobs and blonde bitch in the morning. Joe being the blonde bitch... of course.

Thanks again for admitting you lied and you can't back up your claims.

Another easy win.

Thanks again for admitting you lied and you can't back up your claims.

Another easy win.

Lied?

I gave reasons why the Red Flag idea is a bad one.

One reason being because Leftists lie and cannot be trusted.

Just as you have in the first line of your post above.

I understand your frustration... it’s a wonderful thing to watch.

Thanks for posting... please keep your fingers tapping away... for you’re a jewel of a train wreck crashing through the Democrat Party.

Lied?

I gave reasons why the Red Flag idea is a bad one.

One reason being because Leftists lie and cannot be trusted.

Just as you have in the first line of your post above.

I understand your frustration... it’s a wonderful thing to watch.

Thanks for posting... please keep your fingers tapping away... for you’re a jewel of a train wreck crashing through the Democrat Party.

LOL! No, you merely prattled out lies, and lies that you've since run from by not backing them up.

Nice to see you so off balance that you just keep sputtering the same old nonsense.

I knew you’d start with “due process”. Do your own homework before posting ignorantly.

Obviously you can't come up with an argument that supports red flag laws.

No red flag laws are going to pass. It's just Trump trying to sound concerned while reading a teleprompter.

Next.

Obviously you can't come up with an argument that supports red flag laws.
Temporarily removing firearms from persons believed to be an imminent danger to themselves and others is the argument for. Duh.

Now, how about your argument against? And if you’re going to use “due process” as an argument, explain exactly how/why you think due process is violated.

No red flag laws are going to pass. It's just Trump trying to sound concerned while reading a teleprompter.

Next.
I don’t think so either, at least not on the federal level.

LOL! No, you merely prattled out lies, and lies that you've since run from by not backing them up.

Nice to see you so off balance that you just keep sputtering the same old nonsense.
Simmer has no clue what he’s talking about, as usual.

Long as you can appeal, I don't see a problem.

But yeah, if you punch your wife, do we want you near a gun?

If your not in jail, then yea you should be able to have and use a firearm or whatever else.

Temporarily removing firearms from persons believed to be an imminent danger to themselves and others is the argument for. Duh.

Now, how about your argument against? And if you’re going to use “due process” as an argument, explain exactly how/why you think due process is violated.

The argument against? It's unconstitutional.

It violates the 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th Amendments

Two things need to be accomplished:

1. Preventing guns and the unstable from coming together.

2. Where the unstable already have a firearm and are giving off alarm bells and red flags (mostly on social media) we need to intercede to prevent tragedies.

This is what must be focused on and improved.

I think a legal argument can certainly be made to take action where people are giving off clear warning signs of going off the deep end. If somebody posted that they were going to get in a truck and run over hundreds of festival goers, for example, would we not be derelict if we failed to take the guy's keys away and detain him? What's different about someone making threats with firearms? People have a right to firearms. They do not have a right to kill others with them because of some problem in their lives, real or imagined.

Hell of an argument you put up there!:thumbs:

Let me try to make an equally compelling rebuttal.
D224348A-567A-4C21-8EEB-A0BE13DE24AB.jpeg

A distinct lack of trust in that the same type of people who are censoring conservative speech on social media and elsewhere are the same ones fraudulently casting accusations of racist, bigot, Nazi and now White Supremacist (the previous slurs have been overused to the point being meaningless) about would be the same type of people who will submit equally bogus 'concerns' about anyone who owns firearms to set the Red Flag law process into action. Then, heard by a pre-shopped judge, and decided.

The more the left censors conservative speech, fraudulently casting accusations of racist, bigot, Nazi and White Supremacist (and Lord only knows what all else), the less trust in both the system, the process and the people administering the process, and the less likely any Red Flag legislation is going to be passed.

So the present behavior of the left run counter to actually passing the legislation they appear to want. Imagine that. Not too bright.

Reporting on people to take away their guns is a bad idea because:

1. Leftist judges have proven themselves to be highly political.

a) The FISA court revealed judges cannot be trusted. They’ve been abused by Comey and his FBI and have done nothing in response.

b) Obama judges have been acting regularly to usurp the Trump administration.

Leftist judges have damaged the trust.

2. This is a first step to gun confiscation.

If you want to remove guns from law abiding citizens, then pass an amendment to the Constitution.

3. I can see Leftists abusing this and clogging the courts with bogus claims. It is what Leftists do and how they play.

4. We already have laws that prevent mentally unstable people from owning firearms.

Not one proposal being proffered would have stopped either shooter, and it wouldn’t stop the mass shootings in Democrat run cities gone to hell.

It's a legal thing, so you can appeal the verdict. You can even take it to the Supreme Court, if they're willing to hear your case.

LOL! No, it doesn't, nor can you demonstrate that it does.

Simply braying that it's so won't magically make it so.

A distinct lack of trust in that the same type of people who are censoring conservative speech on social media and elsewhere are the same ones fraudulently casting accusations of racist, bigot, Nazi and now White Supremacist (the previous slurs have been overused to the point being meaningless) about would be the same type of people who will submit equally bogus 'concerns' about anyone who owns firearms to set the Red Flag law process into action. Then, heard by a pre-shopped judge, and decided.

The more the left censors conservative speech, fraudulently casting accusations of racist, bigot, Nazi and White Supremacist (and Lord only knows what all else), the less trust in both the system, the process and the people administering the process, and the less likely any Red Flag legislation is going to be passed.

So the present behavior of the left run counter to actually passing the legislation they appear to want. Imagine that. Not too bright.

What fun it must be to pretend that conservative speech is being censored in social media.

Yay! I absolutely adore fun!

LOL! No, it doesn't, nor can you demonstrate that it does.

Simply braying that it's so won't magically make it so.

2nd Amendment: the right to keep and bear arms is being infringed.

4th Amendment: no warrant will be issued.

5th Amendment: there's no due process.

6th Amendment: the accused won't get a trial, nor be able to face his accuser.

You shouldn't get into discussions about things which you're clueless of.

The red flag laws I’ve reviewed all have processes for determining mental status within about three days, and if the person is still deemed a threat they can be held longer.

If you have read any red flag laws and disagree with specific parts, or all of them, cite them and we can discuss/debate them.
Your first sentence describes the laws as they exist today. Meaning simply...we dont need more laws. We need effective execution of existing laws.

Neither Comey or Obama hold a public office.

As ususal gun supporters are offering no changes. Nothing is wrong, keep moving.

How many slaughters do we need in order to 'do something'?

Neither Comey or Obama hold a public office.

As ususal gun supporters are offering no changes. Nothing is wrong, keep moving.

How many slaughters do we need in order to 'do something'?
And you think "doing something" for the sake of doing somethin is better? Just pass any old law so we can feel good about ourselves?

And you think "doing something" for the sake of doing somethin is better? Just pass any old law so we can feel good about ourselves?

Limit magazines. Trigger guards. Background checks, ten day waiting period, ban assault weapons, again. There's a few idea for ya'.

I'm also concerned about bogus claims. What's to stop someone from lying when they want to take someone's gun away. I could swear up and down someone said or did something and without proof, could get someone's gun confiscated. I hope it's not that easy.

It has been used as a weapon in nasty divorces. Just like charges of domestic violence. The only recourse is severe penalties for false claims -like 50K punitive damages and jail time

Back
Top Bottom