• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why the IRS IG Stopped with an Audit

And President Obama was interested in a way to suppress the vote of Republicans? :roll:

Probably nothing to worry about. It's not like voter fraud has ever been attached to Obama before.

Unless you count that little thingy on voter fraud that will put some folks in jail following sentencing tomorrow here in Indiana.

Fired IG Calls White House Explanation 'Baseless,' Says He's …

www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/17/fired-ig-calls-white-house...

Mar 27, 2012 · The government watchdog President Obama canned for allegedly being "confused" and "disoriented" fired back sharply Wednesday, saying the White …

Just a little memory jog that you may have all missed. Gerald Walpin and Inspector General was fired by Obama. Perhaps Mr. Walpin has a point?

I agree with 100%.

Why is the Federal Government intruding into this process?

Each state determines if the person is a citizen of the US and a resident of the state, I don't believe the Federal government gets involved with that.

Each state determines if the person is a citizen of the US and a resident of the state, I don't believe the Federal government gets involved with that.

Ever heard of Photo ID?

Ever heard of Photo ID?
Of course I've heard of Photo ID, that's what the video I posted was about. Didn't you watch it? Photo ID is not needed once a person is registered. Once a person is registered, all that is needed when voting is the person's signature. That's the way it's been done since voting started. There are stiff penalties for anyone who forges someone else's signature on the voter log. Voter ID laws tend to suppress the vote for many people who don't have the required identification such as minorities and the elderly. These are overwhelmingly Democratic voters. A person who has voted all his/her life should not be denied the right to vote. I realize ID's are offered free, but its still a pain for these to get out and do it.

The reason the Federal government sometimes gets involved is because of equal protection and the fourteenth amendment and the voter rights act of 1965.

Are you saying then that the entire IRS was involved in this and it was not, as the Obama administration is trying to sell, some low level, rogue agents?

Do you have a link for this?

The guy who ran the Cincinnati operation was a conservative republican. The game is over. Either the guy was trying to create a fake scandal, or he was sincerely hostile to the tea party because he thought it harmed GOP electoral fortunes.

Either way, the jig is up. Issa's kangaroo court is in ruins. Just like Wide Receiver, er Fast and Furious, and Benghazi. Issa is batting zero.

Of course I've heard of Photo ID, that's what the video I posted was about. Didn't you watch it? Photo ID is not needed once a person is registered. Once a person is registered, all that is needed when voting is the person's signature. That's the way it's been done since voting started. There are stiff penalties for anyone who forges someone else's signature on the voter log. Voter ID laws tend to suppress the vote for many people who don't have the required identification such as minorities and the elderly. These are overwhelmingly Democratic voters. A person who has voted all his/her life should not be denied the right to vote. I realize ID's are offered free, but its still a pain for these to get out and do it.

The reason the Federal government sometimes gets involved is because of equal protection and the fourteenth amendment and the voter rights act of 1965.

Ah, so you think the Federal Government SHOULD regulate elections.

Just checking.

And, by the by, when a democrat operative votes 6 times in the same election, there might be a reason to seek a better way to identify voters.

You know, like the way one needs to be identified to buy Nyquil at a grocery store.

Cincinnati poll worker charged with voting half dozen times in November | Fox News

The guy who ran the Cincinnati operation was a conservative republican. The game is over. Either the guy was trying to create a fake scandal, or he was sincerely hostile to the tea party because he thought it harmed GOP electoral fortunes.

Either way, the jig is up. Issa's kangaroo court is in ruins. Just like Wide Receiver, er Fast and Furious, and Benghazi. Issa is batting zero.

Just declare victory and move on. Mission accomplished!.

Was IRS targeting limited to Cincinnati office? | abc7.com

<snip>
Hofacre said her supervisor in Cincinnati, whose name was blacked out in the transcript, told her to handle the applications.

But, she said, an IRS lawyer in Washington, Carter Hull, micromanaged her work and ultimately delayed the processing of applications by tea party groups.

Hull is a lawyer in the division that handles applications for tax-exempt status. But, Hofacre said, his interest in the cases was highly unusual.

"I thought it was over the top," she told investigators.

Hofacre said Hull signed off on letters she sent to the groups asking them for additional information and then reviewed their responses. Hofacre complained that Hull was slow to sign off on the letters.

"All I remember saying and thinking is, 'This is ridiculous.' Because at the same time, you are getting calls from irate taxpayers. And I see their point," Hofacre said.

Hofacre said she became so frustrated with the delays that she applied for a different job within the agency and transferred in October 2010.

Neither Hofacre nor Hull responded to requests for comment.
<snip>

What does this prove???

It proves that a simple signature does not do what you think it does. The woman voted 6 times and she is proud of have done so.

It proves that a simple signature does not do what you think it does. The woman voted 6 times and she is proud of have done so.
Did you notice it didn't work for her either. SHE WAS CAUGHT!!! A photo ID would have a similar problem, btw.

Anyone who has a valid voter registration should be able to vote with their signature as proof who they are.

Oh, great that means that Mickey Mouse with a voter registration card can vote? How about Manuel Gomez just from Mexico via the Rio Grande express? If he filled out a voter registration card can he vote while his sneaker are still sopping wet? Hey, Goofy come on down and fill out a voter registration card and I'll give one to you too. How about we send someone to Disneyland so you don't have to be bothered? Yes I agree that Identification be required to vote. You need one to get on a plane, see a doctor, enter the DNC building in Washington or Federal Buildings throughout the U.S.

Revealed: Obama Donor Sat in on IG Interviews with IRS Employees

by Wynton Hall
24 May 2013

More IRS Scandal

On Wednesday, House hearings on the Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS) political targeting of conservative groups uncovered a startling revelation about the interview process used to construct the Inspector General’s report: Obama donor-turned-IRS director of tax exempt organizations Holly Paz sat in on 36 of 41 interviews with IRS employees.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Revealed: Obama Donor Sat in on IG Interviews with IRS Employees

Then there's testimony by Ms. Paz stating the applications for 501(c)(4) by conservative and religious groups sat upon her desk for more than a year in her Washington D.C. office. Has she been fired or promoted?

IRS supervisor in Washington reviewed earliest tea party cases ...
IRS supervisor in Washington reviewed earliest tea party cases, contradicting agency claims - The Washington Post

Jun 16, 2013 · WASHINGTON — An Internal Revenue Service supervisor in Washington says she was personally involved in scrutinizing some of the earliest ... Holly Paz ...

Last edited:
Just declare victory and move on. Mission accomplished!.

Was IRS targeting limited to Cincinnati office? | abc7.com

<snip>
Hofacre said her supervisor in Cincinnati, whose name was blacked out in the transcript, told her to handle the applications.

But, she said, an IRS lawyer in Washington, Carter Hull, micromanaged her work and ultimately delayed the processing of applications by tea party groups.

Hull is a lawyer in the division that handles applications for tax-exempt status. But, Hofacre said, his interest in the cases was highly unusual.

"I thought it was over the top," she told investigators.

Hofacre said Hull signed off on letters she sent to the groups asking them for additional information and then reviewed their responses. Hofacre complained that Hull was slow to sign off on the letters.

"All I remember saying and thinking is, 'This is ridiculous.' Because at the same time, you are getting calls from irate taxpayers. And I see their point," Hofacre said.

Hofacre said she became so frustrated with the delays that she applied for a different job within the agency and transferred in October 2010.

Neither Hofacre nor Hull responded to requests for comment.
<snip>

And how does this change the fact that the Cincinnati operation was run by a conservative republican, who either wanted to fake scandal or had it in for the tea party because it was hurting the GOP?

The jig is up. It appears this whole thing is a GOP operation from start to finish. And they've been caught.

Did you notice it didn't work for her either. SHE WAS CAUGHT!!! A photo ID would have a similar problem, btw.

She was caught after casting the votes and after the votes had been counted.

Are you endorsing the photo ID, then?

And how does this change the fact that the Cincinnati operation was run by a conservative republican, who either wanted to fake scandal or had it in for the tea party because it was hurting the GOP?

The jig is up. It appears this whole thing is a GOP operation from start to finish. And they've been caught.

So you are saying the IG is an ignoramus and his audit is a hoax?

She was caught after casting the votes and after the votes had been counted.

Are you endorsing the photo ID, then?
No way, not everyone has a photo ID, especially with the poor and the elderly. There is no reason why a person who has voted all his/her life should be denied that right. Voter fraud carries a stiff penalty - $10,000, I doubt many people try it.

So you are saying the IG is an ignoramus and his audit is a hoax?

Yep. He blew it. The real issue is GOP operatives creating a false scandal or actually trying to get at the tea party because of its threat to GOP electoral hopes. This is a GOP scandal.

The Obama IRS Scandal involves:

** Nearly 500 conservative groups targeted
** At least 5 pro-Israel groups targeted
** Constitutional groups targeted
** Groups that criticized Obama administration were targeted
** At least two pro-life groups targeted
** A Texas voting-rights group was targeted
** Conservative activists and businesses were targeted.
** At least 88 IRS agents were involved in the targeting scandal​

And, now a conservative Hispanic group says it was targeted by the IRS, too.

Nah..., never happened according to the Obama supporters. The people involved did it solely on their own with no orders from Mill, Shulman, Hall Ingram, Lerner, or Holly Paz. All roads lead directly to the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

No way, not everyone has a photo ID, especially with the poor and the elderly. There is no reason why a person who has voted all his/her life should be denied that right. Voter fraud carries a stiff penalty - $10,000, I doubt many people try it.

Can you provide a link to show that a poor person has ever been assessed that fine?

Back
Top Bottom