• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why the far left is utterly out of their minds.

Well, We did cry about the Germans in ww1. But, they were a threat, so. . .hmmm.

Originally posted by thapcballa:
It's obvious the left is out of their minds. The Iraq war was right wheather or not Saddam had wmd's. Does anyone remember when Hitler was around. Europe used appeasement towards him and he killed 12 million jews.
Hitler had a major army that actually was a threat to the world. In contrast, Hussein's country barely had running water and electicity.

Someone had to finally step up to Saddam. He has gased thousands of Kurds and who know who else he murdered.
There are reports that he didn't gas the Kurds. That it was Iranian gas that did them in. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Plus they don't see the economic benefit we will get out of it. When Iraq settles down, Iraq can make money and progess by selling oil to America
Except you forgot one thing Mr. Wizard, we took control of their oil and were not giving it back. In fact, we have annexed their entire economy.

nefarious_plot said:
LMAO how were they a threat? Dont you people know Geography?

Were you refering to me? because if you were, the whole sinking of the Lusitania is obviously beyond your reach. Don't you p[eople know history?

Oh my GAWD!!! A: that ship was BRITISH!!! Are you an Englander?

B: sinking a merchant vessel in the Atlantic doesnt equate to a Countrry posing a threat to the US.

Hey everyone, this is my first post. It's 5:30 AM, and I am just about ready to go to sleep, so let's see how this turns out.

I am appalled that you would even consider Saddam Hussein a threat to America when you have crazy people like Kim Jong-Il running countries that are openly developing nuclear weapons. And excuse me for prioritizing, but gassing "a few thousand" kurds is absolutely nothing when you look at what's going on in Sudan as I'm typing this. There is no way to be sure, but death toll approximations range from 170,000 to 300,000 in the region over the last few years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have yet to see Bush even address this problem publicly. He's really putting on a good act as the ignorant cowboy(even though I'm not sure how much acting is involved). Although, I suppose I understand his standpoint. Sudanese people don't have oil... and they're black. :(

Furthermore, I wouldn't want the Ohio anywhere near my city either. It is a weapon that was used solely for destruction. You might as well put up a museum that praises Nagasaki and Hiroshima, in my opinion.

Also, calling radical liberals ******s is ridiculous. If wishing every day for world peace is being a *****, then call me Felix. But just because I refuse to vote for a "War Time President"(Bush's words, not mine), doesn't mean that I'm completely unwilling to go to war. I'm just not willing to go to war under false pretenses, nor for any sort of monetary gain. War should be a last resort that only becomes an option when *our* freedom is in jeopardy. Because of this war for "freedom in Iraq"(at least, I think that's the reason we're on now), we're approaching 2000 american deaths, and who the hell knows how many Iraqi deaths. Congratulations Mr. Bush, you're responsible for thousands upon thousands of deaths. I sure hope you've repented lately. :shock:

Hmm, that really turned into a rant towards the end. Oh well, that's what I get for posting at this stage of sleep deprivation.

Good night.

nefarious_plot said:
Iraq has no ablity and never did have ablity to threarten anyway. Nobody is coming to your door. Show a little back bone. its embarassing to have this nations citzenry cry to the world about how afraid they are of people 1,000s of miles away.
9/11 was close enough to my back door (even though no tanks were involved), and I'm not inclined to respect the sovereignty of any nation that supports or encourages terrorists as Saddam did.

nefarious_plot said:
Oh my GAWD!!! A: that ship was BRITISH!!! Are you an Englander?

B: sinking a merchant vessel in the Atlantic doesnt equate to a Countrry posing a threat to the US.

A) The Lusitania was an American cruise liner that was torpedoed by a German U-boat.

B) Seeing as how the Germans attacked the Lusitania unprovoked, they could prove to be a threat. There was a memo, I believe, that was intercepted by the U.S. that was going from the Kaiser to the Mexican leader. It was a request that Mexico declare war on the U.S., and invade. Since they didn't want to fight the U.S. again, they declined. Shortly after the memo, the jLusitania was attacked, and *poof*, we were at war. If a country has the abillity to recruit other neighboring countries to attack a nearby one, it would be considered a possible threat. Any country can do it, but, we don't have the proof to destroy every nation on earth, so, well, you get the idea.

:yt Zimmerman Note

And come on, isn't some neocon going to pick apart my post? I'm in the mood for some debate now.

do you want me to fake it? where have I heard that before? hmm, anyway, I could pretend to be one. you know, for real one, not stereotypical, redneck one.

Argonath said:
A) The Lusitania was an American cruise liner that was torpedoed by a German U-boat.

B) Seeing as how the Germans attacked the Lusitania unprovoked, they could prove to be a threat. There was a memo, I believe, that was intercepted by the U.S. that was going from the Kaiser to the Mexican leader. It was a request that Mexico declare war on the U.S., and invade. Since they didn't want to fight the U.S. again, they declined. Shortly after the memo, the jLusitania was attacked, and *poof*, we were at war. If a country has the abillity to recruit other neighboring countries to attack a nearby one, it would be considered a possible threat. Any country can do it, but, we don't have the proof to destroy every nation on earth, so, well, you get the idea.
It was a British Ship taken on Americna supplies.. There was no threat from one U boat

nefarious_plot said:
It was a British Ship taken on Americna supplies.. There was no threat from one U boat

well, considering that the German Embassy in the U.S. that if they wen't to England, which was where it was going to (on it's destination cruise!), it would be attacked by a German U-boat. not probably, but would. I'm pretty sure it was an american ship. I know that some of the Germans thought it would smuggle supplies to england, being the ships detination. as a matter of fact, I think it had been doing that. . . anyway, if it wasn't American, it was carrying mostly americans. It did have Englishmen aboard.

RecoveringPunk said:
Ok, we'll role play. I'll be me, and you be Ann Coulter... go.

I don't care much for Ann Coulter. Namley, I have no idea what she's like, so i'll just go with what I know:

"Canada should be helping with this disaster! those stupid Canadians are just so. . . I'm sorry, I can't do this. . do you mind if I play Pat Robertson, or, better yet, George Bush? I'l go with George Bush. *Awsome sex change sounds*.

"It's hard work, what we're doing in New Orleans. I wish i could snap my fingers and just fix evreything , but I can't! I, I, I, I, I. . . uuuuh. . . hmph. . I Promise to rebuild New Orleans into a better, more. . . . . more profficient society. There was a woman yesterday, *LOOOOOOOOONG PAUSE*, who said that she lost her dog in her house when it collapsed. . . . And i told her, 'miss' I said 'Miss, I can't bring back your dog, but I will bring back your city'. And . . . . and she cried. . . . and I held her. . . (damn, I should rap this up. where's the Secret Service with those damn port-a-potties?!?). . . I held her in my arms as she cried. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to use the men's room". Bush walks into the port-a-pot, and comes back out in seven minutes, with a smile on his face. "no more comments, we have a lot of hard work today. hehehehehehehe.".

Well. . . . It's not a debate, but tell me what you think.

Hehe, I can't type a Dubya impression. Good attempt though. Mine always end up sounding like a Daily Show segment.

Methinks the far anything are always utterly out of their minds.

Argonath said:
well, considering that the German Embassy in the U.S. that if they wen't to England, which was where it was going to (on it's destination cruise!), it would be attacked by a German U-boat. not probably, but would. I'm pretty sure it was an american ship. I know that some of the Germans thought it would smuggle supplies to england, being the ships detination. as a matter of fact, I think it had been doing that. . . anyway, if it wasn't American, it was carrying mostly americans. It did have Englishmen aboard.

Whom was on board is not releveant. Its still not a threat to the US.

The far right are a little too into their minds. Like they know whats best for the country. Because of them, China is more popular than the US in the worlds eye. And when they look at what we put in office, I can imagine what they think of us!

nefarious_plot said:
Whom was on board is not releveant. Its still not a threat to the US.

And the fact that the Kaiser tried to recruit Mexico so that we could be blindsided into not helping Eourope means. . . . . .?

RecoveringPunk said:
Also, calling radical liberals ******s is ridiculous.
Good night.

As well as innacurate. My own cat, for instance, does what he wants when he wants it, scratches the furniture with absolutely no apology, and pretty much thinks the world revolves around him. He's gotta be libertarian, right?

For my part, I cut him some slack every time he pees on one of my favorite teeshirts, fill his supper dish without his ever having to perform any useful function, and redirect money that could go to purchasing needed items like beer and c.ds and spend it instead on flea collars and fuzzy mice.

Who's the liberal here, huh?

Oh, and my wife just suggested we might need to attack the neighbors down the street because they have such a big stash of tuna fish in their garage.

That's the sort of thing you get with these mixed marriages........

Argonath said:
And the fact that the Kaiser tried to recruit Mexico so that we could be blindsided into not helping Eourope means. . . . . .?
means you stuck yoru nose in where ii didnt belong and the Germans tried to deal with you after war was decalred. mexico was a threat? Thats pathetic.

nefarious_plot said:
means you stuck yoru nose in where ii didnt belong and the Germans tried to deal with you after war was decalred. mexico was a threat? Thats pathetic.

Hey! great rebuttle! But, oh, that's right, Mexico would have distracted us until Eourope was under their control, so they could invade at their leisure! They were five miles from Paris. FIVE! All they needed was for Mexico to keep America busy for, oh, a month, two weeks at least, then the real fun would begin! Oh, on a side note, we stuck our nose into Iraq twice now, we stuck our nose into Rawanda, we stuck our nose into a lot of the smelliest **** this world has had to offer for the past century. Korea, WW1, Vietnam, The first and second gulf war, the Rawanda genocides, Kosovo, and soon to come, Iran. If wars were cocaine, America would be sucking serious dick for crack. Mexico would have only provided a distraction from us to the Germans.

Argonath said:
Hey! great rebuttle! But, oh, that's right, Mexico would have distracted us until Eourope was under their control, so they could invade at their leisure! They were five miles from Paris. FIVE! All they needed was for Mexico to keep America busy for, oh, a month, two weeks at least, then the real fun would begin! Oh, on a side note, we stuck our nose into Iraq twice now, we stuck our nose into Rawanda, we stuck our nose into a lot of the smelliest **** this world has had to offer for the past century. Korea, WW1, Vietnam, The first and second gulf war, the Rawanda genocides, Kosovo, and soon to come, Iran. If wars were cocaine, America would be sucking serious dick for crack. Mexico would have only provided a distraction from us to the Germans.
You need to learn mroe history the Americans had already mobilized over 15,000 men to purse pancho villa in 1916. That and the total lacking of ability of the mexicans and there own adminince that they would never be able to control the area suggested led to a decline of of an alliacne with the Germans. By this time America was already at way with germany. There was no threat from either nation.

There has no been a military threat to the us since 1812.

nefarious_plot said:
how ridiculous. World War 2 is never avalid anaology to the present its a competely different situation. ITs really sad people are afriad of a third world toilet that couldnt muster up any better then 30 tanks.

You were in the army? What was your mos?

Back
Top Bottom