• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why resistance fighters take on their invaders

tiktok

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Ghandi mate, this is specially for you.

"Where there is occupation, there will be resistance". Abdul Aziz al-Rantissi, Gaza, 2002.

The rest is pretty obvious. You come to my country and abuse/murder my family/friends/loved ones, I'll shove 100 kilos of explosives up your nostrils.

It's a human response that has been played out all over the world time after time.

(PLEASE don't use Ghandi as a ref... The IDF would shoot him in the skull before he'd reached the checkpoint)

And with regards the term 'terrorist' might I refer you to a lecture that you can download from the Internet by Noam Chomski... It's called 'Distorted Morality' and is available on any Bit torrent site. If you can't get a seed, tell me and I'll seed it to you myself.

Chomsky says it far better than I could ever dream to.

Have a nice day.

I've heard that particular lecture.

What is IDF?

Thank you Simon. I that case I would have to say that I doubt IDF would put a bullet in Gandhi's skull.

Contrary to what our liberal friends say we are not occupiers.......Countries that occupy a country have no intention of ever leaving...........We will leave Iraq the moment that security is established there or if the elected Iraqi government asks us to leave.................

Navy Pride said:
Contrary to what our liberal friends say...
There's much more to the world than the overly simplistic and artificial liberal/conservative divide you try to portray.

Navy Pride said:
...we are not occupiers.......Countries that occupy a country have no intention of ever leaving.
This is mere semantics on your part. There are a number of definitions of 'occupier' that don't involve permanence or a reference to duration. Your objection is based solely on a mismatch of a single, idiosyncratic definition while there are other definitions which do fit.

Navy Pride said:
We will leave Iraq the moment that security is established there or if the elected Iraqi government asks us to leave.................
And we're building permanent bases why?

I guess the question I have is this, why are these "resistance fighters" killing their own men, women, and children. Why are they driving in to busy market squares, and blowing themselves, and hundreds of their countrymen up with them?:confused:

Truth is, these are the same brutal animals that ruled iraq with an iron fist for years. Some of you can pretend all you like that they are defenders of their land, but the facts are clear through their actions, they don't care about the people, or the country. I don't blame Saddams former regime for resisting, they had it pretty good under old uncle Saddam, and now they have nothing. Still, nothing is what they deserve, and is what they served up for their fellow countrymen for 30 years.

Ain't Karma a b*tch.;)

Deegan said:
I guess the question I have is this, why are these "resistance fighters" killing their own men, women, and children. Why are they driving in to busy market squares, and blowing themselves, and hundreds of their countrymen up with them?:confused:

Truth is, these are the same brutal animals that ruled iraq with an iron fist for years. Some of you can pretend all you like that they are defenders of their land, but the facts are clear through their actions, they don't care about the people, or the country. I don't blame Saddams former regime for resisting, they had it pretty good under old uncle Saddam, and now they have nothing. Still, nothing is what they deserve, and is what they served up for their fellow countrymen for 30 years.

Ain't Karma a b*tch.;)

It's not that anybody REALLY thinks that these are "defenders"...I think that the people that pretend these terrorists are defenders have a hatred of America that runs so deep that anybody against America is automatically shown in a good light...."the lesser of two evils", so to speak.

Who is against America?...It doesn't matter in their eyes...as long as there against America...That's the mindset.

They don't understand that the USA positives outweigh the negatives done throughout the world. They're willing to nit-pick the smaller things without seeing the bigger picture; without the US, western civilization falls, and they are either clueless about this fact, or they realize that their "younger brother" from accross the pond has to do their fighting for them, and they spout their hatred of their own inability onto us.

galenrox said:
Right, and the Iraqis so OBVIOUSLY believe that.

You mean they don't? Why would you think that they don't?

Gandhi>Bush said:
What is IDF?

Israeli Defence Force... note the hysterical 'Defence' bit. Must be terribly difficult defending Merkhova tanks against children with stone... NO!?!?!?!

Damn, ok, let's shoot the pre-terrorist beasts.

Navy Pride said:
Contrary to what our liberal friends say we are not occupiers.......Countries that occupy a country have no intention of ever leaving...........We will leave Iraq the moment that security is established there or if the elected Iraqi government asks us to leave.................

Any chance you could give us a rounded time frame on when exactly that security will be established?

Do ya think it will reflect the Israeli experience? :doh

So, uh, never then... or of course when you run outa cash. Whichever comes first...

Deegan said:

Ain't Karma a b*tch.;)

You just don't get it do you Deegan?

Karma... um, yes mate... 9/11 was your first installment and 7/7 was ours.

Your turn...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ya hear it?

tiktoktiktok... Bet it's gonna be a bigun!

tiktok said:
You just don't get it do you Deegan?

Karma... um, yes mate... 9/11 was your first installment and 7/7 was ours.

Your turn...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ya hear it?

tiktoktiktok... Bet it's gonna be a bigun!

Are you going to back the claim that we all deserved to be hit on 9/11, and 7/7, or are you just laying it out there as troll bait?:confused:

galenrox said:
Right, and the Iraqis so OBVIOUSLY believe that.

I think their elected government does..........

Simon W. Moon said:
There's much more to the world than the overly simplistic and artificial liberal/conservative divide you try to portray.

This is mere semantics on your part. There are a number of definitions of 'occupier' that don't involve permanence or a reference to duration. Your objection is based solely on a mismatch of a single, idiosyncratic definition while there are other definitions which do fit.

And we're building permanent bases why?

I was not aware at this time we are building pemanent bases in Iraq.........Can you provide a link to that? Thanks.........

tiktok said:
Any chance you could give us a rounded time frame on when exactly that security will be established?

Do ya think it will reflect the Israeli experience? :doh

So, uh, never then... or of course when you run outa cash. Whichever comes first...

I think we may start pulling out troops from Iraq next year..........As a Iraqi Battalion stands up a U.S. Battalion will step down and come home....

You never set up a permanent time frame.........That only helps the terrorists as they can just wait us out and then take over the country........

No, I don't think the situation is anything like Israel............

I don't understand the run out of cash question...........The president has said we will be in Iraq until we finish the job...........

Navy Pride said:
:lol: why do you always talk like you are the U.S official spokesman ....
i have told you this b4 , If U.S is not an occupier , then why do you come here with the troops ... i know you will say to remove the tyrant Saddam , but that doesn't justify Abu Gharib , does it ????? that doesn't justify the mass killing in Fallujah and other parts of Iraq , does it ???? and be4 you say what mass killing , we were just cleaning Iraq from those filthy terrorists , bear in mind that a soldier who came from Iraq said that if they had followed the orders blindly , Iraq would be out of population by now ....

First of all sir, may I say, as a decent American, I am disgusted by your contempt for my service men and women who have been putting their life on the line secure that country. With your ignorance, you have simultaneously disrespected those who have lost their lives, and those who willing put their lives in danger. Please try to rethink your attitude, because it is very offensive on a personal and patriotic level.

Secondly, you are refusing the listen to fact. The United States has already begun to make plans on pulling out a significant number of troops based on the proficiency of newly trained Iraqi troops. This is a clear sign that we have no intention of remaining the dominant military power there. Another factoid that counters your blatant accusations, is the transition of government still underway within Iraq. A constitution drafted by the Iraqis (with the help of your infallible UN) is scheduled to be completed the 15th, pending on a recent request to postpone that due date. The notion that this government is somehow a puppet government set up by the American Empire, is absolutely ridiculous, unfounded, and incredibly stupid.

Millions of Iraqis went to the polls and voted for their own government, and with that one movement, showed the world not only the preference the Iraqi people have in terms of the style of government, but also their willingness and unquestionable ability to run the country on their own. Not only is American influence in their government not needed, but is also morally wrong, and it has not, and will not be done. However, convincing someone of your position of such a concept is probably a lost cause.

You also mentioned a lot of unfortunate incidents that happened within Iraq, and made those despicable actions the foundation of your contempt for American troops. Many, many people saw the incidents at Abu Graib and were disgusted just like you were. The U.S. government was adamant in finding out what had happened, who had done this, and what punishments would follow. Since then, investigations, trials, and criticism have followed. To rip at the United States with an example of isolated incidents, is also absolutely ridiculous.

I have to be leaving now, I’ll continue this later.

Navy Pride said:
You never set up a permanent time frame.........That only helps the terrorists as they can just wait us out and then take over the country........

Why are you evading the truth man ??? you were told be4 on another thread that U.S is building permanent bases in Iraq ... and here is the proof
http://sl.starware.com/r?u=http:%2...ff=inkt& v=95

I know that you would probably like to know that U.S wants to withdraw , but the truth is that U.S is in Iraq to stay , that is the truth and you have to face like a man .... Do you honestly think that Bush , cheney and Rumsfeld are so rightuos to go all the way to Iraq and sacrifice the nations finest young men and to go against all other countries wish just to "liberate" Iraq from Saddam , think man .. there's more to it than just "liberation" ... what about the oil ???

Navy Pride said:
I think we may start pulling out troops from Iraq next year..........As a Iraqi Battalion stands up a U.S. Battalion will step down and come home....

You think? Didn't you think Iraq had WMDs and didn't you "think" Iraq was a threat to the US?

And you call them terrorists because they are fighting an occupying army? Hmmm, you an Israeli?

No, I don't think the situation is anything like Israel............

You don't? LOL...

I don't understand the run out of cash question...........The president has said we will be in Iraq until we finish the job...........

This is the best bit which I'm delighted you saved till last.

Your Pres says a lot of things, not a lot of which is either credible or intelligent but that's well known and there are funnier people than I to illustrate the sheer hillarity of what is Bush.

If you don't understand ask an economist. It's kinda like an overdraft. Once you get in too deep you're in trouble.

YEEEHAW!

I like you Navy Pride. Simple and with a very neat haircut.

Just doing a very basic search on our military troop strength, I found out the the U.S. has over 730 military installations in over 50 countries in the world.

I'm certain the U.S. will leave a permanent military installation in Iraq.

Tetracide said:
First of all sir, may I say, as a decent American, I am disgusted by your contempt for my service men and women who have been putting their life on the line secure that country.

Damnit, will you people stop calling me sir!! FFS, this isn't McDonalds it's a forum for debate and it's contrived nature is offensive and patronising!

I'm delighted you find my remarks disgusting. I find your nation's presence in Iraq and its unthinking support of Israel in Occupied Palestine equally disgusting.

Hence my love of a good beheading.

I too have to be leaving, I just got a missive saying the captured marine maybe on a video from Zarqawi's boys.

Don't like it? Get 'em out!

tiktoktiktok... won't be long now for that good ol' boy!

tiktok said:
I'm delighted you find my remarks disgusting. I find your nation's presence in Iraq and its unthinking support of Israel in Occupied Palestine equally disgusting.

Hence my love of a good beheading.

I too have to be leaving, I just got a missive saying the captured marine maybe on a video from Zarqawi's boys.

Don't like it? Get 'em out!

I believe you should take a step back over that line you just crossed.

I understand sarcasm and I think the way your applying it here is blatantly offensive and inappropriate.

I try to respect everyone's view no matter how radical, but don't think I don't have a limit. I do and so does the rest of the mod team.

Tetracide said:
First of all sir, may I say, as a decent American, I am disgusted by your contempt for my service men and women who have been putting their life on the line secure that country. With your ignorance, you have simultaneously disrespected those who have lost their lives, and those who willing put their lives in danger. Please try to rethink your attitude, because it is very offensive on a personal and patriotic level.

First accept my sincerest apologies if i offended you in anyway , that wasn't my intention ...second no offense but no body asked for these "Service men and women to put their life on the line for that country" , I dont remeber anyone asking daddy U.S to help Iraq .... and what do you mean secure ? at least when Saddam was the president there was no terrorist activites and bombings in Iraq , until your service men and women showed up ..... Dont get me wrong , I believe that alot of the american soldiers went there with the intention of liberating Iraq and some Iraqis were very happy with the U.S troops , and they even celebrated the arrival of U.S troops and maybe even consider them heroes (just like hollywood hehe) but after a while they saw the true face of U.S troops , killing innocent people over stupid execuse ( for example there was an old man and his son who died because they didn't know what "STOP" means ) , and committing crimes agains humanity in the name of liberation... even the soldiers themselves felt that their own country has betrayed them by sending them to war for nothing but oil , many of them said that .......now like it or not U.S troops are one of the terrorist in Iraq .......

Tetracide said:
Secondly, you are refusing the listen to fact. The United States has already begun to make plans on pulling out a significant number of troops based on the proficiency of newly trained Iraqi troops.

Now if U.S is really pulling out of Iraq , then why the permanent bases ???? huh why ???

Tetracide said:
You also mentioned a lot of unfortunate incidents that happened within Iraq, and made those despicable actions the foundation of your contempt for American troops. Many, many people saw the incidents at Abu Graib and were disgusted just like you were. The U.S. government was adamant in finding out what had happened, who had done this, and what punishments would follow. Since then, investigations, trials, and criticism have followed. To rip at the United States with an example of isolated incidents, is also absolutely ridiculous.

"investigation , trial , and critisism " c'mon man , what do you think i am , stupid ?
these plays were not "incident" they were the mirror that reflected the sick mentality of your soldier that is filled with hatred :twisted: , just like the terrorist , and the proof to that what was revealed months later in guantanamo , about peeing on prisoners and tearing apart their holy quran... also everybody know that these "investigation , trial , and critisism " were just to cool things down after the huge scandal ......

tiktok said:
Navy Pride said:

And you call them terrorists because they are fighting an occupying army? Hmmm, you an Israeli?

QUOTE]

First of all , i agree with you , If they are defending they country they shouldn't be called terrorist , and I believe there is a legitimate resistence over there ... but one of the reasons why they are called terrorists is because of the actual terrorist who are there cutting their own people's throat all the time , because of these lowlifes the real honorable resistance is over shadowed by their repulsive deeds , like this Zarqawi guy , he is nothing but a disgusting , repulsive and low life , who is most of the time is killing his own people justifying it with twisted logic .... however , I agree with you in all your recent posts , and i'm very happy to find someone else who speaks out what i believe in and i hope to read more from people like yourself

and the reason why everyone keep " patronizing" you like u claimed is because of your aggresive approach , your always fired up and reply aggressifly to people who even commend you , dont u think ?
i understand that your experiences as a journalist changed your perspective but you have to cool down a bit , and convince them thru logic

:respekt:

Back
Top Bottom