• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why resistance fighters take on their invaders

Hoot said:
I'm certain the U.S. will leave a permanent military installation in Iraq.
While Rumsfeld seems to want to dissemble the folks on the ground are willing to say what's going on.

Reposted from the vaults of antiquity:

IIRC, they're called something like 'enduring camps' and 'enduring bases'

Meet the 389th Engineers, Davenport component
March 14, 2004

He understood Camp Victory to be the largest combat base project since Vietnam. It required filling nearly five miles of deep irrigation ditches with more than 185,000 tons of rubble, the clearing of acres of wheat fields, and the laying of gravel and building roads.

It's to be one of eight long-term bases American troops plan to use on Baghdad's outskirts in a move out of the city center to coincide with the return of sovereignty to the nation on June 30.
[and]
By late January 2004 engineers from the 1st Armored Division were midway through an $800 million project to build half a dozen camps for the incoming 1st Cavalry Division. Army planners expected to finish by 15 March 2004. The new outposts, dubbed Enduring Camps, will improve living quarters for soldiers and allow the military to return key infrastructure sites within the Iraqi capital to the emerging government, military leaders said. “The plan is for the camps to last five to 10 years,” said Col. Lou Marich, commander of the 1st AD engineers. “They will last longer if we take care of them.”
This should also be included:

21 April 2003

Q: In the process that you are engaged in now of looking not just at Iraq, but at the region, can you give us your thought process — frame for us how you want the American footprint to look like, a year or two from now, in the region. There was also a New York Times story saying that the administration was supposedly looking at, long term, four air bases in Iraq.

Is that, in fact, a reflection of your thinking for the future of that country?

Rumsfeld: Well, it depends — it says "senior Bush administration officials say." To my knowledge, I don't know what senior is, but I can tell you he wasn't asked (indicating General Myers), I wasn't asked, Torie wasn't asked, Wolfowitz wasn't asked, Pace wasn't asked, and there has been zero discussion among senior Bush administration officials, the way I define senior, on that subject. We literally have not even considered that.

Now, what is going on? There are four bases that the U.S. is using in that country to help bring in humanitarian assistance, to help provide for stability operations. And are they doing that? Sure. But does that have anything to do with the long-term footprint? Not a whit.

April 24, 2003

Q: I would like to take you to a subject that you addressed earlier this week, which was the question of whether there’s planning on the way in the Pentagon to establish a long-term military relationship with the government that does emerge in Iraq that might allow access for U.S. forces in the future?

Rumsfeld: Well, you know. Is there any planning going on in the Pentagon? Is somebody thinking about something like that? I don’t doubt it for a minute. But we are looking at our footprint all over the globe as I have indicated. We are looking at it in Asia we are looking at it in Europe, which General Jones has announced. We are looking at it in the Middle East, in fact, we’ve just changed our footprint to some extent because we announced the end of operation of southern watch and northern. It was the end of a period and that changes that. Those forces leave. My guess is that in the case of Iraq you couldn’t even begin to think about that until there was an interim government, that a final government that would be in a position to make those kind of arrangements.

Second, and I don’t anticipate that will be the case. Second, certainly and not at the senior level there’s no one planning anything like that. And third, my guess is with the absence of the Saddam Hussein regime in Iraq. The need for U.S. presence in the region would diminish rather than increase. And forth, there’s an awful lot of countries in the region where a lot of money has been spent, in neighboring countries where we have excellent facilities, excellent cooperation and it’s not as though we need additional places out there.
(emphasis added)
While this isn't exactly a confirmation, it's not exactly a denial either.

On the other hand, we have Bryton Johnson and others of the Combined Joint Task Force-7 (CJTF-7) Forward Engineer Support Team-Augmentation (FEST-A) multi-district Tiger Team "engaged in master planning for the permanent bases in Iraq."

from Jan 04 Engineer Update published monthly for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

Engineer support teams build logistical hub in Iraq
By Grant Sattler
Coalition Provisional Authority

Johnson is a project manager in the environmental branch at Europe District. He deployed to Turkey in April for a month for the planned push into Iraq from the north, returned to Germany, and then deployed to Iraq in July with a multi-district Tiger Team engaged in master planning for the permanent bases in Iraq, working at Al Taji north of Baghdad.

Johnson said his major projects on LSA Anaconda are building a Class 8 warehouse for medical supplies, building a theater postal distribution facility, and building an 800,000-square-foot concrete parking apron for both the Air Force and Army. The warehouse is mechanically complicated because of refrigeration for blood supplies and security for narcotics.

mustafa said:
...you have to cool down a bit , and convince them thru logic
Excellent advice for all who have the courage and intellect to take it. Unfortunately, not all who have these qualities willl take it and not all who need to heed the advice have the wherewithal to follow it.

Gandhi>Bush said:
I believe you should take a step back over that line you just crossed.

I understand sarcasm and I think the way your applying it here is blatantly offensive and inappropriate.

I try to respect everyone's view no matter how radical, but don't think I don't have a limit. I do and so does the rest of the mod team.

Tiktok likes watching beheadings and is blatantly honest about why. Being sarcastic isn't listed as breaking the rules as you have specified and what is offensive to you maybe intellectually provocative to others.

His support for the resistance fighters and their methods is not that differant to what has been said publicly by George Galloway MP in the UK.

I doubt Blir will be locking him up anytime soon.

Interesting that on an American run website you find tiktok's comments about beheadings "offensive and inappropriate". Perhaps if America wasn't blowing up children in Iraq Zarqawi's brigades wouldn't be so willing to remove American AND British heads.

tiktok is a character designed to provoke using intelligent debate mixed with crass, often disturbing imagery. You risk credibility by denying him his right to speak as he does.

A difficult character... for sure but one this place has been responding to with some zeal since his arrival.

Denying his right to speak while obseving the rules you have provided on site pushes your limits ... as he was conceived to do.

As a character he can tackle any number of your regulars and has been all day. Perhaps it is his ability to represent both the intellectual and the extreme that offends you. But to deny the existence of such a character is, frankly, dishonest.

Not all people with the ability to debate do so using sanitised language or patronising terms such as "sir".

While pondering this latest rebuke I am reminded of the slogan under Ogrish.com where tiktok was originally conceived by a colleague. "Can you handle life?"

I would suggest not.

Clarify precisely what rules have been broken, send a PM and let's reach a compromise.

Cheerio.

Before we begin, I thought you should know that I am really pissed off.
mustafa said:
First accept my sincerest apologies if i offended you in anyway , that wasn't my intention ...second no offense but no body asked for these "Service men and women to put their life on the line for that country" , I dont remeber anyone asking daddy U.S to help Iraq .... and what do you mean secure ? at least when Saddam was the president there was no terrorist activites and bombings in Iraq , until your service men and women showed up ..... Dont get me wrong , I believe that alot of the american soldiers went there with the intention of liberating Iraq and some Iraqis were very happy with the U.S troops , and they even celebrated the arrival of U.S troops and maybe even consider them heroes (just like hollywood hehe) but after a while they saw the true face of U.S troops , killing innocent people over stupid execuse ( for example there was an old man and his son who died because they didn't know what "STOP" means ) , and committing crimes agains humanity in the name of liberation... even the soldiers themselves felt that their own country has betrayed them by sending them to war for nothing but oil , many of them said that .......now like it or not U.S troops are one of the terrorist in Iraq .......
Your apology is not accepted, and you'll know why at the end of this post (the last I will ever direct towards you and the scum you are.

First of all, you are not all-knowing and neither am I. Let's get that one thing straight. We are here to debate politics, and more specifically, Iraq. The method to do that, is you present your opinion, and back it up with fact. You have to fail to do so.

You make immensely false accusations about my fellow countrymen, considering them savages, with hate towards God-knows-what or who. Listen prick, I have a friend in the military; he is in Iraq right now. He is not the savage you would like him to be. You could not be more wrong about this issue, and you could not have hit a more passionate thread in my political and patriotic beliefs. You have spit on the lives lost, and every American standing in the sands of Iraq with every intention of assisting those people in need, and you have certainly revealed yourself as a true and wholehearted anti-American you are. I pray road kill like yourself don’t live in this great country.

Saddam Hussein, the butcher of Baghdad, ran that country like a Nazi concentration camp. And now, people are voting, farming with water, receiving gifts ranging from new clinics and hospitals to trivial teddy bears for the kids. Yet, you lpay it off as if things were fine and dandy when that regime was still in power.
mustafa said:
Now if U.S is really pulling out of Iraq , then why the permanent bases ???? huh why ???

In every war, military bases are left behind to ensure the new government that the United States will remain an ally, and in no way will a military base of any size of purpose dictate national policy in Iraq. You need to get a history lesson and your facts straight.

mustafa said:
"investigation , trial , and critisism " c'mon man , what do you think i am , stupid ?
these plays were not "incident" they were the mirror that reflected the sick mentality of your soldier that is filled with hatred :twisted: , just like the terrorist , and the proof to that what was revealed months later in guantanamo , about peeing on prisoners and tearing apart their holy quran... also everybody know that these "investigation , trial , and critisism " were just to cool things down after the huge scandal ......
Yes, actually. I think your moron for holding the unfounded opinions that you do. You have compared Americans to terrorists. I don’t even want to hear your opinions on any other matter.

Then again, you are probably 13 years old, having your daddy help you with these posts. Well, I take that back, your daddy probably isn’t helping you, due to the lack of grammar, correct spelling, and punctuation.

tiktok said:
Tiktok likes watching beheadings and is blatantly honest about why. Being sarcastic isn't listed as breaking the rules as you have specified and what is offensive to you maybe intellectually provocative to others.

His support for the resistance fighters and their methods is not that differant to what has been said publicly by George Galloway MP in the UK.

I doubt Blir will be locking him up anytime soon.

Interesting that on an American run website you find tiktok's comments about beheadings "offensive and inappropriate". Perhaps if America wasn't blowing up children in Iraq Zarqawi's brigades wouldn't be so willing to remove American AND British heads.

tiktok is a character designed to provoke using intelligent debate mixed with crass, often disturbing imagery. You risk credibility by denying him his right to speak as he does.

A difficult character... for sure but one this place has been responding to with some zeal since his arrival.

Denying his right to speak while obseving the rules you have provided on site pushes your limits ... as he was conceived to do.

As a character he can tackle any number of your regulars and has been all day. Perhaps it is his ability to represent both the intellectual and the extreme that offends you. But to deny the existence of such a character is, frankly, dishonest.

Not all people with the ability to debate do so using sanitised language or patronising terms such as "sir".

While pondering this latest rebuke I am reminded of the slogan under Ogrish.com where tiktok was originally conceived by a colleague. "Can you handle life?"

I would suggest not.

Clarify precisely what rules have been broken, send a PM and let's reach a compromise.

Cheerio.
You have lost all credibility to debate and will not be receiving much attention as a serious opponent on this site from this point on.

mustafa said:
tiktok said:
Navy Pride said:

and the reason why everyone keep " patronizing" you like u claimed is because of your aggresive approach , your always fired up and reply aggressifly to people who even commend you , dont u think ?
i understand that your experiences as a journalist changed your perspective but you have to cool down a bit , and convince them thru logic

:respekt:

Many thanks Mustafa.

As I have just explained, tiktok represents a certain type of viewpoint and an often aggressive tone because that is his nature. Sarcasm is his blade and wit is his bow... He may not be likeable but you cannot deny, he's pretty smart and doesn't hide behind PC.

Tiktok hopes to see you again but fears a ban may deny dear ol' tiktok his right to be what he is.

Good luck with the Righties mate and Salamaat to you habibi.

Shukran.

Tetracide said:

Your apology is not accepted, and you'll know why at the end of this post (the last I will ever direct towards you and the scum you are.

First of all, you are not all-knowing and neither am I. Let's get that one thing straight. We are here to debate politics, and more specifically, Iraq. The method to do that, is you present your opinion, and back it up with fact. You have to fail to do so.

You make immensely false accusations about my fellow countrymen, considering them savages, with hate towards God-knows-what or who. Listen prick, I have a friend in the military; he is in Iraq right now. He is not the savage you would like him to be. You could not be more wrong about this issue, and you could not have hit a more passionate thread in my political and patriotic beliefs. You have spit on the lives lost, and every American standing in the sands of Iraq with every intention of assisting those people in need, and you have certainly revealed yourself as a true and wholehearted anti-American you are. I pray road kill like yourself don’t live in this great country.

Saddam Hussein, the butcher of Baghdad, ran that country like a Nazi concentration camp. And now, people are voting, farming with water, receiving gifts ranging from new clinics and hospitals to trivial teddy bears for the kids. Yet, you lpay it off as if things were fine and dandy when that regime was still in power.

In every war, military bases are left behind to ensure the new government that the United States will remain an ally, and in no way will a military base of any size of purpose dictate national policy in Iraq. You need to get a history lesson and your facts straight.

Yes, actually. I think your moron for holding the unfounded opinions that you do. You have compared Americans to terrorists. I don’t even want to hear your opinions on any other matter.

Then again, you are probably 13 years old, having your daddy help you with these posts. Well, I take that back, your daddy probably isn’t helping you, due to the lack of grammar, correct spelling, and punctuation.

Now that my friend is a flame and a pretty nasty one at that.

Calling an individual who extends you an apology "scum". Nice.

>>>You make immensely false accusations about my fellow countrymen, considering them savages, with hate towards God-knows-what or who.

This is not confined to Mustafa, it's being written all over the world. Have a look outside this forum. Hate for the US is growing, deal with it.

>>Listen prick,
Lovely, do go on...

>>>You could not be more wrong about this issue, and you could not have hit a more passionate thread in my political and patriotic beliefs.

That's what debate is supposed to be. Provocative and often difficult.

>>>You have spit on the lives lost, and every American standing in the sands of Iraq with every intention of assisting those people in need, and you have certainly revealed yourself as a true and wholehearted anti-American you are.

He's not anti-American, he's already said, he hates the foreign policies, not the people/country. As for assisting people in need... Is that why the average Marine defines Iraqis as "ragheads/Camel jockeys"?

Don't argue the point, Fox News has been desperately hiring Avid eds who are skilled enough to remove these racist remarks from news reports since the invasion began. It's an industry joke.

>>>I think your moron - that's 3 isn't it?

>>>
>>>You have to fail(ED) to do so.
>>>(the last I will ever direct towards you and the scum you are.)
>>>You have spit (try SPAT) on the lives lost,
>>>. And now, (Don't begin sentences with And)
>>>Yet, you lpay it off
>>>any size of purpose
>>>I think your A moron

Hmmm, credibility outa the window I'd say.

Dear Mods, I do hope you will deal with the last post as vigorously as you have with tiktok's.

Cheerio

Tetracide said:
You have lost all credibility to debate and will not be receiving much attention as a serious opponent on this site from this point on.

And you have just made it to my iggy list.

Cheerio.

Tetracide said:
... you and the scum you are.
I think your moron...
...you are probably 13 years old...
[mod mode] I don't give a ********, *********, ********* about your personal anger issues and to what degree you're "pissed off." As an adult, exercise the impulse control it takes to create a thread in The Basement where this sort of thing is accceptable instead of cluttering up this forum. Confine this crap and all crap like it to The Basement
[/mod mode]

tiktok said:
Dear Mods, I do hope you will deal with the last post as vigorously as you have with tiktok's.

Cheerio
This is your lucky day. Your hope was being fulfilled even as you posted.

Tetracide said:

you have just proven that you are not woth replying to ..... and as tiktok told ya i'm not anti american at all , i'm just against the foreign policies , just like many americans are , thats it .... about your friend , I honestly believe that many soldiers there are decent people , but that doesn't justify their actions in Iraq , doesn't justify the occupation , doesn't justify Abu Gharib ...... you said intention of assisting those people in need , right ??? so killing an unarmed injured humanbeing in worship spot is considering assisting :rolleyes: , hmmm thats interesting ...... and critisizing my grammer , thats just very very low ... Is this the american way of debating :rolleyes:.....
:2wave:

tiktok said:

Explain to me how support for a man having his ripped from his body is "intellectually provocative to others."

Perhaps if Saddam Hussein wasn't killing people of all ages on a daily basis in Iraq there wouldn't be so many people willing to die and to kill to remove him from power.

Using disturbing crass imagery is fine and I understand the aim of the "character" you have created. I believe you are crossing the line when you show your pleasure in watching someone "squeal" in pain when he has his head sawed off. I would suggest therapy and possibly Ritalin.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Explain to me how support for a man having his ripped from his body is "intellectually provocative to others."

First off, I'm very dissapointed you have not given Tetracide a warning as tiktok was given yesterday. It speaks volumes.

I didn't say supporting someone having his head ripped from his body was intellectually provocative. You have misquoted tiktok. Perhaps you are still angry at Tet's pathetic outburst.

And for the record, the heads are not ripped off, they are sawn off.

Perhaps if Saddam Hussein wasn't killing people of all ages on a daily basis in Iraq there wouldn't be so many people willing to die and to kill to remove him from power.

Saddam Hussein has been in jail for several months.

Using disturbing crass imagery is fine and I understand the aim of the "character" you have created. I believe you are crossing the line when you show your pleasure in watching someone "squeal" in pain when he has his head sawed off.

People express pleasure at a variety of things including boxing, bull-fighting and so on.

You really do need to be clear here about what the problem is. Once again, I have read the rules and as far as I am aware I have directly insulted no one. I have been sarcastic and speak openly of why I watch beheadings. Perhaps you watch porn?

Would it be offensive to write about that on here... mmm.

While I find the degradation of women for sexual pleasure disturbing, many hotels provide porn channels in their rooms... Live and let live n' all that :)

I would suggest therapy and possibly Ritalin.

The words of Gandhi are indeed wise but in order to get counselling I would have to insist my therapist watch a beheading with me and they are sensitive souls. Perhaps you could suggest one for me?

I am still waiting for a PM with specifics.

Cheerio.

It's an interesting quote you have as your sig. However, it is grossly innacurate.

Ask any Tibetan.

Cheerio.

tiktok said:
mustafa said:
tiktok said:
Many thanks Mustafa.

As I have just explained, tiktok represents a certain type of viewpoint and an often aggressive tone because that is his nature. Sarcasm is his blade and wit is his bow... He may not be likeable but you cannot deny, he's pretty smart and doesn't hide behind PC.

Tiktok hopes to see you again but fears a ban may deny dear ol' tiktok his right to be what he is.

Good luck with the Righties mate and Salamaat to you habibi.

Shukran.

You sarcasm blade needs sharpening and your bow needs more quills.

I understand your fear of getting banned....That damn Jewish conspiracy is risin' up against you, isn't it? It must be nice...every time you sip your tea and find it too hot, you can alway blame the Jews...I wish I could go through life with an easy scapegoat.:2wave:

mustafa said:
Why are you evading the truth man ??? you were told be4 on another thread that U.S is building permanent bases in Iraq ... and here is the proof
http://sl.starware.com/r?u=http:%2...ff=inkt& v=95

And the US has permanent bases in Saudi, Cuba, Germany... oh heck they're too many to name. So based on your logic, mustafa, does that mean the United States is and HAS been an occupier of these nations, as well?

Man, thanks for the good laugh though. oh and here's the link to US bases WORLDWIDE... chew on this a bit.

http://www.libsci.sc.edu/bob/class/clis734/webguides/milbase.htm

Last edited:
cnredd said:
You sarcasm blade needs sharpening and your bow needs more quills.

I understand your fear of getting banned....That damn Jewish conspiracy is risin' up against you, isn't it? It must be nice...every time you sip your tea and find it too hot, you can alway blame the Jews...I wish I could go through life with an easy scapegoat.:2wave:

Well, tiktok's still here...

As I have said in previous posts, I have never posted a remark against the Jews. That's your imagination running away with you.

Israelis and Jews deserve a separate line. I draw it quite clearly.

As for tiktok's quill and bow... LOL, he's so hurt he's gonna sit and have a cuppa while watching the latest vid of your good ol' boyz. Damn you gotta put more mony into researchin' that kevlar dudes!

Cheerio

Last edited by a moderator:
debate_junkie said:
And the US has permanent bases in Saudi, Cuba, Germany... oh heck they're too many to name. So based on your logic, mustafa, does that mean the United States is and HAS been an occupier of these nations, as well?

Man, thanks for the good laugh though. oh and here's the link to US bases WORLDWIDE... chew on this a bit.

http://www.libsci.sc.edu/bob/class/clis734/webguides/milbase.htm

Is that a retort? On my last visit to Saudi I don't recall American soldiers running around shooting anything wearing a kuffia.

Try harder.

tiktok said:
Is that a retort? On my last visit to Saudi I don't recall American soldiers running around shooting anything wearing a kuffia.

Try harder.

Well that was to mustafa, who claims the US is an occupying force solely on the fact they are building a permanent military base in Iraq. Was only supplying fact for the poor lad to "edumacate" him. But hey, if you see it as a retort, be my guest. After all, judging from your posts, I can see how you'd miss the boat by a mile.

debate_junkie said:
Well that was to mustafa,

Forgive my interuption but you are in a forum, not on a sofa...

who claims the US is an occupying force solely on the fact they are building a permanent military base in Iraq.

As I've pointed out DB your attention span is lacking and you are missing much of the truth. I've said it before and I'll say it again... do try harder.

Was only supplying fact for the poor lad to "edumacate" him. But hey, if you see it as a retort, be my guest. After all, judging from your posts, I can see how you'd miss the boat by a mile.

Ahhh and I had you as a fan dear DB. Seems everywhere I go you're there in one form or another. Or am I mistaken in taking your attentions as flattery?

tiktok said:

Try harder.

Is that what you see as happening in Iraq?

Back
Top Bottom