• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Is The U. S. So Low In Deaths Per Cases?

Why Is The U. S. So Low In Deaths Per COVID Cases?

• Trump Immediately Restricted Travel To And From China

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Trump Used Language To Ensure That The Public Did Not Panic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trump Did Everything Possible To Ensure The Economy Would Recover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Trump Administration Focused On Treatments, So People Had Options If They Became Ill

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • We Were Just Lucky.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Lol this sounds like you’re trying to bury the stat I posted.

So let me repost.

The United Kingdom has the same ratio of percentage of deaths to percentage of world population we do.

So if the liberal media wants to use this misleading stat against Trump, they’d better be ready to use it against their buddy Boris Johnson as well.

The United Kingdom has 0.85% of the world’s population, and 4.5% of the world’s deaths.
Strike 3.
You are too biased and unteachable.

Strike 3.
You are too biased and unteachable.

The United Kingdom has a ratio of 5.29 to 1, in terms of percentage of deaths to percentage of the world’s population.

The United States has a ratio of 5 to 1.

Boris Johnson must be guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

The United Kingdom has a ratio of 5.29 to 1, in terms of percentage of deaths to percentage of the world’s population.

The United States has a ratio of 5 to 1.

Boris Johnson must be guilty of involuntary manslaughter.
That didn’t mean **** the first time and is still doesn’t.
The US has 4% of the worlds Total population and 25% of the worlds COVID 19 cases.
Look at that ratio.

That didn’t mean **** the first time and is still doesn’t.
The US has 4% of the worlds Total population and 25% of the worlds COVID 19 cases.
Look at that ratio.

This thread addresses that topic.

Clearly, the extremely low deaths to cases ratio indicates that what Trump has been claiming is true. We test a higher percentage of people, proactively, than most other countries.

Even a liberal poster established that this had to be true, based on the stats presented in the OP.

What IS important is the fact that Jake Tapper, or more likely Tapper speaking for Jeff Zucker, is trying to mislead the American public, regarding the deaths stat compared to world population.

Unless CNN is ready to accuse Boris Johnson of homicidal negligence.

Last edited:
This thread addresses that topic.

Clearly, the extremely low deaths to cases ratio indicates that what Trump has been claiming is true. We test a higher percentage of people, proactively, than most other countries.

Even a liberal poster established that this had to be true.

What IS important is the fact that Jake Tapper, or more likely Tapper speaking for Jeff Zucker, is trying to mislead the American public, regarding the deaths stat compared to world population.
You just can’t grasp the simplicity.
Since the US has 4% of the worlds population, we should only have 4% of the COVID 19 cases, not 25%.
The fact that we have over 6x times the cases means we completely mismanaged COVID 19.
That burden falls on Trump and his administration.
The numbers don’t lie.

Here are some possible reasons:

1. US is undercounting deaths. Last estimates I've seen (based on overall increase in deaths vs what would be expected normally this year) suggest about 30k undercount which puts us at 3.5%.

Just the opposite. Hospitals code deaths with the virus as from the virus because they get more money from the feds that way.

I know because I talked to one in my area.

Just the opposite. Hospitals code deaths with the virus as from the virus because they get more money from the feds that way.

I know because I talked to one in my area.
No they do not.
The FED’S don’t pay **** - insurance companies pay hospital bills.

Because deaths per cases is a meaningless stat but one that Trumpelievers can twist into a positive. The US tests more so identifies more cases which loads that stat. Deaths per capita is an accurate measure.

I thought Trump was being hammered for lack of testing. Now he tests TOO much?

Why did you post this thread here? You can find logical answers based on facts in the section specifically made for this topic.

^ Summary: "Don't post facts! Joe Biden said I can't hear facts!!!"

You catch on easily.

Regardless, our deaths per cases is very low.

And Jake Tapper needs to lay off the "We have 5% of the world's population but 20% of the deaths." He knows darn well that the entire Southern Hemisphere was experiencing summer at the time to pandemic hit.

Jack Tapper is one of many Goebbelsian assassins

You just can’t grasp the simplicity.
Since the US has 4% of the worlds population, we should only have 4% of the COVID 19 cases, not 25%.
The fact that we have over 6x times the cases means we completely mismanaged COVID 19.
That burden falls on Trump and his administration.
The numbers don’t lie.

"Cases" are total bs and depend on how many are tested. Using this idiotic measure, some *** hole where people are dropping like flies - but does not test at all because it's too poor - has zero "cases". Brilliant.

What counts is deaths FROM the virus and nothing else. In our case, it's about 12,000 or 6% of the official death count - according to the CDC.

And that does not adjust for age. The dead over 80, should not be counted since we don't know how long they would live without the virus. What we know is that only 20% were under 65.

Some "pandemic".

Here are some possible reasons:

1. US is undercounting deaths. Last estimates I've seen (based on overall increase in deaths vs what would be expected normally this year) suggest about 30k undercount which puts us at 3.5%.

2. European strain is deadlier than Asian strain. US has both (Western coast got Asian strain while Eastern coast got European one). E.g. South Korea has less than 2%. Australia 2.5%. Both less than US.

3. Europe (as well as much of the rest of the world) has older people living with younger people a lot more often than in US.

4. US got hit later than Europe. We knew more about management of covid than Europe. (Not by too much but still a contributing factor)

5. We are NOW testing more people who are less likely to die. We did not used to when it mattered more, but perhaps we do now.

6. A lot of cases in US arrived as part of the SECOND wave in the summer. It's possible the virus mutated further to be less deadly. Who knows...

So the virus goes to Europe and mutates into a more sever strain? I sense that is rank speculation similar to masks "work".

No they do not.
The FED’S don’t pay **** - insurance companies pay hospital bills.
Yeah, sure, whatever you say...

Quoting:

Jensen said, "Hospital administrators might well want to see COVID-19 attached to a discharge summary or a death certificate. Why? Because if it's a straightforward, garden-variety pneumonia that a person is admitted to the hospital for – if they're Medicare – typically, the diagnosis-related group lump sum payment would be $5,000. But if it's COVID-19 pneumonia, then it's $13,000, and if that COVID-19 pneumonia patient ends up on a ventilator, it goes up to $39,000."

BTW, 80% of the dead were 65 and up - all under Medicare, not private insurance co's. FYI, Medicare is fed.

Read your post that I was responding to.
My point, which you tangentially point on is that deaths per million favors countries with younger, healthier populations, i.e. there are a lot of outside influences. I favor the CFR because it's more accurate in assessing the country's handling of the pandemic, e.g. if a country has a humongous number of cases but a extremely low CFR they must be doing something correct.

Or they have lots of infections among young, strong people.

That we test more than anybody else, worldwide?

No.

Trump has been saying this for months, liberals have been laughing at him.

And you basically just gave us proof. Given our deaths per cases stats vs. our deaths per capita.

There goes the argument that Trump failed in the testing department. ;)

What are you on about? Make sense.

Only using the numbers you like huh?

Think about it.
I'll come back to this and we can discuss it if you like but I'll be damned if I get into another bicker-fest over twisting stats to fit agendas.

"Cases" are total bs and depend on how many are tested. Using this idiotic measure, some *** hole where people are dropping like flies - but does not test at all because it's too poor - has zero "cases". Brilliant.

What counts is deaths FROM the virus and nothing else. In our case, it's about 12,000 or 6% of the official death count - according to the CDC.

And that does not adjust for age. The dead over 80, should not be counted since we don't know how long they would live without the virus. What we know is that only 20% were under 65.

Some "pandemic".
Another purely stupid post devoid of common sense.

Yeah, sure, whatever you say...

Quoting:

Jensen said, "Hospital administrators might well want to see COVID-19 attached to a discharge summary or a death certificate. Why? Because if it's a straightforward, garden-variety pneumonia that a person is admitted to the hospital for – if they're Medicare – typically, the diagnosis-related group lump sum payment would be $5,000. But if it's COVID-19 pneumonia, then it's $13,000, and if that COVID-19 pneumonia patient ends up on a ventilator, it goes up to $39,000."

BTW, 80% of the dead were 65 and up - all under Medicare, not private insurance co's. FYI, Medicare is fed.

Undocumented wire means nothing.
Like I said the Fed pays nothing.
Your posting stupidity is hilarious.

I thought Trump was being hammered for lack of testing. Now he tests TOO much?

What a stupid thing to say. Why would you think there could be too much testing?
Oh, I remember. Because Trump said so. Because lots of testing loads that particular stat.

Undocumented wire means nothing.
Like I said the Fed pays nothing.
Your posting stupidity is hilarious.

I got it. Medicare is run by Putin. Thanks.

What a stupid thing to say. Why would you think there could be too much testing?
Oh, I remember. Because Trump said so. Because lots of testing loads that particular stat.

First there is not enough testing. Now we test more than other countries. LOL

Make Joseph Goebbels proud. Spread more lies as truth.

Back
Top Bottom