• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

" Why I'm Voting for Trump...Even Though I Don't Want To"

From American Thinker:

...I want to vote to defend the police. ...I want to vote to make black lives matter. ...I want to vote to make black lives better. ...I want to vote for a strong economy. ...I want to vote for law and order and against Antifa and BLM. ...I want to vote for an unbiased media establishment, one where the facts are presented without editorial spin, and stories are not killed because they do not fit the agenda. ...I want to vote against open borders and illegal immigration. ...I want to vote for the First Amendment. ...I want to vote for the Second Amendment. ...I want to vote for a strong defense. ...I want to vote to stand up to China. ...I want to vote to support capitalism.

...So, no, I don't want to vote for Donald Trump. But voting for him is the only way I can vote for the things I do want to vote for. https://www.americanthinker.com/art...ting_for_trumpeven_though_i_dont_want_to.html

Which of these arguments will resonate with American voters?

Sounds like one of many Trump lovers who are ashamed of the fact that worship this **** bag and pretend they are voting for "other" reasons.

The problem with these bull**** narratives is that they are bull****. For instance

Trump does not defend police.
Trump does not help make black lives matter. He makes it worse.
Trump does not make black lives better. He makes it worse.
Trump does not help our economy. Trump makes it worse.
Trump does not represent law and order. In fact Trump has decided he and his friends are above the law.
In the same paragraph they say they want to make black lives matter and the want to vote against black lives matter.
They claim to vote against and unbiased media, but given their bull**** narrative I assume they watch the propaganda channel.
Then you got the bull**** claims against the first and second amendment. Which oddly enough Trump is very anti first and Biden is not anti second so just more bull****.
Talking about a strong defense too. Which has never been an issue under any president in recent history, and no inclination it would be under Biden.
Oh and then China, who trade wars with have hurt Americans and even with that Biden has even come our recently against.
Lastly we got capitalism. Somehow Trump is pro capitalism and Biden is anti which is nothing more than the writer regurgitating talking points from biased media editorial spins.

There is literally nothing in there that represents a reason to vote for Trump. This is nothing more than some racist dirtbag pretending to vote for Trump for something more than because he is racist, sexist piece of garbage and Trump makes him feel like it is ok.

Trump is not my flag-bearer. I am not anti-immigrant. I cling to nothing but the Cross.

You misspelled "golden calf."

9fe8b64e862587c219f11d3cabe8174f.jpg

It's been my observation that Trump supporters have one (or more) of the following motivations:

As long as they believe that he will fulfill their primary issue, they will vote for him no matter what.

1. Some only care about tax cuts
2. Some only care about SCOTUS/Roe v. Wade
3. Some just want nothing more than to "stick it to the Libs".
4. Some want validation for their racist ideology.

The Democrats, and of course they are still of the old south, truly hate Trumps accomplishments for blacks.

Trump is not my flag-bearer. I am not anti-immigrant. I cling to nothing but the Cross. What I am is capable of is carrying on a conversation about contrarian opinions without resorting to overgeneralizations and labeling. I'm also able to see others as the unique individuals they are. You should try it sometime.
"but...i also post drivel from AT".

I'm voting against King Biff because he's even worse than his movie counterpart. I'm voting against his sycophants because they are borg.

Another poster posted this in another thread, but I think it’s worth more exposure; Ramoss, I think!

Rexedgar is very early to whine when I present youtube videos. But it is okay when he does that same thing.

Rexedgar is very early to whine when I present youtube videos. But it is okay when he does that same thing.

Bob, videos are not all I post; don’t look, you won’t like what the man says........

From American Thinker:

...I want to vote to defend the police. ...I want to vote to make black lives matter. ...I want to vote to make black lives better. ...I want to vote for a strong economy. ...I want to vote for law and order and against Antifa and BLM. ...I want to vote for an unbiased media establishment, one where the facts are presented without editorial spin, and stories are not killed because they do not fit the agenda. ...I want to vote against open borders and illegal immigration. ...I want to vote for the First Amendment. ...I want to vote for the Second Amendment. ...I want to vote for a strong defense. ...I want to vote to stand up to China. ...I want to vote to support capitalism.

...So, no, I don't want to vote for Donald Trump. But voting for him is the only way I can vote for the things I do want to vote for. https://www.americanthinker.com/art...ting_for_trumpeven_though_i_dont_want_to.html

I stopped after read this:

I stopped watching the NFL four years ago, and now I've stopped watching all pro sports because of the disrespect.

Jesus H Christ. Vomit-inducing logic there. :roll:

Yes. I still wear my journo hat from time to time, and although I don't own a gun, I recognize that the Second Amendment is the only one capable of defending all the rest of our rights. And the United States must free itself from its dependence on China.

But the reason I posted this was that I think that many, many Americans, irrespective of party, support several of these arguments. The mainstream media would have you believe otherwise, but I suspect that more Americans than they realize are tuning them out.

What, for example, do you think that a majority of ordinary Americans are thinking when they watch the supper news of the continuing street violence?

You got that right.

On the supper news on street violence it really depends on which channels you are watching on TV. Not everyone shows detailed riots and destruction, hence some Americans are actually believing the "peaceful protest" nonsense pushed by democrat mayors, however the people in those cities know better ... especially when their police chiefs resign.

Law and order has become one of the top requirements for the election of the next president ... and democrats don't offer it.

Police chiefs who have resigned or retired since George Floyd death | Fox News

What, for example, do you think that a majority of ordinary Americans are thinking when they watch the supper news of the continuing street violence?

You mean the street violence happening NOW UNDER Trump? That violence?

I stopped after read this:

Jesus H Christ. Vomit-inducing logic there. :roll:

It's the American Thinker, what did you expect? It's not really known as a bastion for intellectual pondering, rational thinking, and coherent arguments.

Yes. I still wear my journo hat from time to time, and although I don't own a gun, I recognize that the Second Amendment is the only one capable of defending all the rest of our rights. And the United States must free itself from its dependence on China.

But the reason I posted this was that I think that many, many Americans, irrespective of party, support several of these arguments. The mainstream media would have you believe otherwise, but I suspect that more Americans than they realize are tuning them out.

Supper news of continuing street violence?

Sounds like you’re a regular viewer of Fox b roll, which they have they have been promoting for months.

I read that essay. It was an exercise in denial and self serving nonsense.

All stereotypes, memes, and no discussion of the merits of the candidate or his record at all.

Just, I’m going to hold my nose and vote for this clown because of (insert the right wing meme here).

This wasn’t a substantive discussion or argument. It was flagrantly self serving. And it was obviously two faced.

The author may not have voted for Trump, but he’s been an obvious Trumpster (armed with the usual collection of rationalizations), ever since.

People who “don’t want to vote for Trump” don’t write editorials in far right wing blogs promoting voting for Trump.

If your point is that there are a lot of people out there who hold (and deny) the prejudices that dripped from this editorial, that is certainly true.

But angry old white America, only elected Trump the last time because a lot of African Americans stayed home and because of a statistical fluke.

It remains to be seen whether that will happen again.

Last edited:
What will Trump do to address the problems you state if re-elected and why hasn't he done those things in the 3.5 years he has already been president?

That's an easy question to answer. Donald Trump is responsible for either causing or worsening problems with black Americans because he is a white supremacist. Confederate flags at his rallies (instead of American flags) are proof of that. So there is obviously no chance he would do anything to solve those problems during a second term. Everyone who calls Trump a "law and order" president is an ostrich.

It's the American Thinker, what did you expect? It's not really known as a bastion for intellectual pondering, rational thinking, and coherent arguments.

Nota's bookmark folder has to be a complete freak show.

From American Thinker:

Looks like anyone looking to rationalize a vote for Trump is going to have plenty of options to choose from. Lucky!

It's simpler for a lot of people on the other side.

We tried a wildcard 80s businessman and it's been a flop. Let's switch back to a boring old lifelong public servant for a bit, just while we decide what stupid **** to try next.

From American Thinker:

American Stinker. Nuff said.

From American Thinker:

I think there was a counter-article on some site that was all about voting against Trump because even though the Democrats have a 60 year history of making a mess of everything they touch they make me feel good about myself and tell me all kinds of bull**** that I want to hear.

American businesses relationship with China is a direct reflection of capitalism. If you desire to disrupt that in some way is to artificially muck with the free market and/or reduce the living standards of all Americans.

From American Thinker:

Do any of those points resonate with you?

I want to vote to make black lives matter and better, and vote against BLM.

That's a bit dizzying.

Back
Top Bottom