• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

" Why I'm Voting for Trump...Even Though I Don't Want To"

Pretty chart, get someone to help you read it, best pre pandemic results in history, then the pandemic hit, you supported the economic shutdown not to stop the spread of the virus but rather to have poor economic numbers to blame on Trump. that is nothing more than partisan liberal bs and typical politics of personal destruction totally ignoring reality

Do you understand what a part time for economic reason employee is and what those numbers do to the unemployment rate? Can you explain why Obama had higher part time for economic reason employees at the end of his term than there were when the recession started? Didn't think so as you continue to live in a bubble

Maybe this is clearer?

4965efff6e940d8643bd75f4e8d859d1.jpg

Maybe this is clearer?

4965efff6e940d8643bd75f4e8d859d1.jpg

You still cannot grasp concept can you, what the hell does that chart actually tell you? Context doesn't resonate in that bubble in which you live. think people wanting full time jobs but not able to find one agree that the u-3 represents strong economic policy and are positive results?

You still cannot grasp concept can you, what the hell does that chart actually tell you? Context doesn't resonate in that bubble in which you live. think people wanting full time jobs but not able to find one agree that the u-3 represents strong economic policy and are positive results?

The context part is where your ass is handed to you.

I thought I made that abundantly clear.

The context part is where your ass is handed to you.

I thought I made that abundantly clear.

Right, your rhetoric and lack of context show how had their ass handed to them. Learn the components of the U-3 and the U-6. As a liberal you apparently aren't mature enough to admit when wrong

Who votes for Trump?

People who are OK with stealing migrant kids from their parents, pushing garbage anti-science education, approve of charity & tax fraud and violating Emoluments Clauses & Hatch Act, if there’s an R behind the name; those turning blind eyes to cops killing unarmed black men and their leader encouraging his followers to hate the press, our allies, a majority of Americans and every proven responsible institution, from the CDC to the FBI, but loving Putin, Kim and every other murderous dictator on the planet. They vote for a man who says American Jews have their own country and wants to use experimental weapons on the American people (heat Ray). They support an idiot who confuses herd immunity with herd mentality and probably does not know the difference. They encourage boorish behavior and cheer “mask resisters.” They ignore the undermining of the DOJ but whine about something John Kerry said. They downplay 200,000 needless deaths but would not shut up when four men died under the administration of the black guy.

If you want to associate yourself with all of the above, be my guest. But don’t whine when we call you deplorable, racist and ****ing Nazis.

From American Thinker:

I want to vote to defend the police.

From what? Accountability? Doing their jobs?

I want to vote to make black lives matter.

Cool.

I want to vote to make black lives better.

So abolishing minimum sentencing laws, frivolous drug charges, and retooling the justice system. Where in the GOP platform is that?

I want to vote for a strong economy.

Before the pandemic hit an increasingly large amount of economic activity was being propelled by government spending, rather than job creation and growth. Trump did **** all to actually impart America with a strong economy.

I want to vote for law and order and against Antifa and BLM.

Earlier you said you wanted to vote to make black lives matter, but now you're saying you want to vote against it.

I want to vote for an unbiased media establishment, one where the facts are presented without editorial spin, and stories are not killed because they do not fit the agenda.

Whether or not the media is biased comes down to the respective networks. Are you suggesting the government should start changing what the press is reporting?

I want to vote against open borders and illegal immigration.

Okay.

I want to vote for the First Amendment.

I want to vote for the Second Amendment.

You don't vote for amendments, Congress does.

I want to vote for a strong defense.

We already have the most powerful military in the world.

I want to vote to stand up to China.

...I want to vote to support capitalism.

American dependence on China is the direct result of American capitalism.

Which of these arguments will resonate with American voters?

They will resonate with stupid people very well.

Who votes for Trump?

People who are OK with stealing migrant kids from their parents, pushing garbage anti-science education, approve of charity & tax fraud and violating Emoluments Clauses & Hatch Act, if there’s an R behind the name; those turning blind eyes to cops killing unarmed black men and their leader encouraging his followers to hate the press, our allies, a majority of Americans and every proven responsible institution, from the CDC to the FBI, but loving Putin, Kim and every other murderous dictator on the planet. They vote for a man who says American Jews have their own country and wants to use experimental weapons on the American people (heat Ray). They support an idiot who confuses herd immunity with herd mentality and probably does not know the difference. They encourage boorish behavior and cheer “mask resisters.” They ignore the undermining of the DOJ but whine about something John Kerry said. They downplay 200,000 needless deaths but would not shut up when four men died under the administration of the black guy.

If you want to associate yourself with all of the above, be my guest. But don’t whine when we call you deplorable, racist and ****ing Nazis.

What a bunch of bull****, didn't Trump supposedly use OBAMA cages?, this is nothing more than leftwing bull**** which you are spreading, a true embarrassment. Thanks for motivating independents and Trump supporters for what will be a landslide victory for Trump in November, politics of personal destruction don't sell and that is all you have, lies, distortions, out of context rhetoric. Hope your health can survive another 4 years of Trump

The American Thinker is generally full of ****. And all those things are nothing more than a propaganda narrative because Trump has not made gains on any of those fronts. It will resonate with his Cult though because they drank the kool-aid, as it were.

You want to kill the messenger American Thinker but do you also want to kill the messenger nota bene?

Right, your rhetoric and lack of context show how had their ass handed to them. Learn the components of the U-3 and the U-6. As a liberal you apparently aren't mature enough to admit when wrong

I’ve shown where your ass was handed to you with both U-6 and U-3.

I’ve shown where your ass was handed to you with both U-6 and U-3.

NO, sorry you didn't your chart is the U-3 not the U-6 and your claims ignore the pandemic results blaming them on Trump.

Get some new material, dude.

ab967ab8cb1129abcb43053d6c612220.jpg

Aw, yes, my apology you did post the U-6 but ignored the context, let me help you

Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
Original Data Value

Series Id: LNS13327709
Seasonally Adjusted
Series title: (seas) Total unemployed, plus all marginally attached workers plus total employed part time for economic reasons, as a percent of all civilian labor force plus all marginally attached workers
Labor force status: Aggregated totals unemployed
Type of data: Percent or rate
Percent/rates: Unemployed and mrg attached and pt for econ reas as percent of labor force plus marg attached
Years: 2008 to 2019

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2008 9.2 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.7 10.1 10.5 10.8 11.0 11.8 12.6 13.6
2009 14.2 15.2 15.8 15.9 16.5 16.5 16.4 16.7 16.7 17.1 17.1 17.1
2010 16.7 17.0 17.1 17.1 16.6 16.4 16.4 16.5 16.8 16.6 16.9 16.6
2011 16.2 16.0 15.9 16.1 15.8 16.1 15.9 16.1 16.4 15.8 15.5 15.2
2012 15.2 15.0 14.5 14.6 14.7 14.8 14.8 14.6 14.8 14.4 14.4 14.4
2013 14.6 14.4 13.8 14.0 13.8 14.2 13.8 13.6 13.5 13.6 13.1 13.1
2014 12.7 12.6 12.6 12.3 12.2 12.0 12.1 12.0 11.7 11.5 11.4 11.2
2015 11.3 11.0 10.8 10.8 10.9 10.4 10.3 10.2 10.0 9.8 10.0 9.9
2016 9.8 9.7 9.8 9.7 9.9 9.5 9.7 9.6 9.7 9.6 9.4 9.2
2017 9.3 9.1 8.7 8.6 8.5 8.5 8.5 8.6 8.3 8.0 8.0 8.1
2018 8.2 8.2 7.9 7.8 7.7 7.8 7.5 7.4 7.5 7.5 7.6 7.6
2019 8.1 7.3 7.3 7.3 7.1 7.2 7.0 7.2 6.9 7.0 6.9 6.7
2020 6.9

And yes, I use the 2008 numbers as those were the pre recession numbers that were the target, not the numbers the Democrat Congress gave him when he took office. 9.3% when he left office 6.9% January PRE PANDEMIC

Aw, yes, my apology you did post the U-6 but ignored the context, let me help you

And yes, I use the 2008 numbers as those were the pre recession numbers that were the target, not the numbers the Democrat Congress gave him when he took office. 9.3% when he left office 6.9% January PRE PANDEMIC

You use 2008 numbers because the only way you can make him look bad is by blaming him for Bush's failed policies.

Right, you have any idea what Federal Judges have to do with law and order? Do you know who hires, funds, and trains city employees including the police? Apparently not
Cool, an unrelated copy/paste Russian Bot response.
Hilarity ensues.
And the crowd goes crazy mocking the stupid bot post.

Cool, an unrelated copy/paste Russian Bot response.
Hilarity ensues.
And the crowd goes crazy mocking the stupid bot post.

Such hatred and passion out of pure ignorance, the radical left is out of control

Such hatred and passion out of pure ignorance, the radical left is out of control
It’s a twofer!!!
Another Russian Bot post of unrelated crappola.
This is such self-defeating hilarity!

Critics say, where is the legislation that Trump has proposed and doesn't that have to be passed by Congress? You buy what critics say because of partisan passionate hatred as you give every word Trump speaks an anal exam with a biased partisan lens not doing the same for Biden/Harris. Obama gave us a payroll tax holiday where was your outrage? By the way I didn't support that holiday nor what Trump has proposed but both did put money into people's pockets and that does create economic activity. SS and Medicare are in trouble, something you refuse to acknowledge. I contributed for 35 years as did my employer, my wife did the same thing, she did three months after collecting his first three payments and I got a $255 payment with the rest of her contributions staying and being spent by bureaucrats, why doesn't that resonate with you as well as the very poor return on 35 years of contributions?

Interesting how context doesn't matter to you as you live in that bubble totally ignoring that the Obama economic policies actually hurt people, it forced millions to seek part time jobs which affected and skewed the unemployment rate, those part time jobs created set records. If you want to discuss rates, then it is the U-6 that matters not the U-3, Recession started, U-6 9.2, Obama leaves office 9.3, Trump 6.7% Keep buying the liberal spin and keep ignoring actual results

President Obama was pulling the United States out of the Great Recession that began under Bush II. His main mistake was in not imposing a heavy tax burden on the well to do, and using the money to hire people directly at government expense. He had Democratic majorities in both houses of Congress. He began his presidency with a 67 approval rating in Gallup.

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama | Gallup Historical Data & Trends

For years public opinion surveys have indicated popular support for a more progressive tax system.

poll + tax + rich - Google Search

Taxing the rich and spreading the wealth around was how President Roosevelt got the United States out of the Great Depression. It is why he was reelected three times.

President Obama was pulling the United States out of the Great Recession that began under Bush II. His main mistake was in not imposing a heavy tax burden on the well to do, and using the money to hire people directly at government expense. He had Democratic majorities in both houses of Congress. He began his presidency with a 67 approval rating in Gallup.

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama | Gallup Historical Data & Trends

For years public opinion surveys have indicated popular support for a more progressive tax system.

poll + tax + rich - Google Search

Awesome love those poll numbers particular the 2016 results of an act poll

You keep ignoring reality and of course the reality of who is a heartbeat from the Presidency showing just how anti American you and your ideology really is

Kalamity Kamala a Calamity for America

Awesome love those poll numbers particular the 2016 results of an act poll

You keep ignoring reality and of course the reality of who is a heartbeat from the Presidency showing just how anti American you and your ideology really is

Kalamity Kamala a Calamity for America

Anyone can find something on the internet they agree with. I compose my own arguments, using the internet to document my factual assertions.

Anyone can find something on the internet they agree with. I compose my own arguments, using the internet to document my factual assertions.

Is this what you agree with

Sanctuary City Ordinance | Office of Civic Engagement & Immigrant Affairs

Do you agree with the video showing Biden's relationship and rhetoric involving China?

You compose your own arguments based upon a biased liberal lens that doesn't even come close to resonating with reality. Trump is certainly going to miss your vote, isn't he? You did vote for him in 2016 right?

So if anyone can find something on the internet they agree with what is it on the internet regarding Trump that is positive and you agree with?

Back
Top Bottom