• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why I'm a fan

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I don't know if this will work so here's the page in case it doesn't - A young Pirates fan experienced the emotional highs and lows of baseball firsthand on Sunday | MLB.com

You're lovin' it!!
071716_pitwsh_happy_pirates_fan_med_g1ctruvi.gif

You're not lovin' it.
071716_pitwsh_pirates_fan_upset_med_05wu4j8a.gif

The roller coaster is back at the station and it was one hell of a ride (those are tears of joy)
071716_pitateshr_kid_med_0wseg02l.gif

I see the making of a future PITA parent at HS sporting events. :2razz:

I watched the last inning of the game cause I'm a casual Nats fan. To call an 18-inning baseball game a "roller coaster" is really pushing it....

I watched the last inning of the game cause I'm a casual Nats fan. To call an 18-inning baseball game a "roller coaster" is really pushing it....

Most folks are just happy to still be awake at the end of 18 but, as you know, that roller coaster can run in one inning too.

im not really a college baseball fan but this almost made me one

When I see a child get that excited about sports while sitting with their parents - my first thought is that they are craving attention/approval from said parents and are thusly cheering to please said parents.

Yes...I am cynical - and proud of it.

Hope you don't mind me using your thread to post this little fellow Lutherf.

Just recently at the EURO Final when a young Portugal Fan comforted a crying French supporter afer Frances loss in the Final. Such a heartwarming gesture, unprovoked, from such a young fan.

Hope you don't mind me using your thread to post this little fellow Lutherf.

Just recently at the EURO Final when a young Portugal Fan comforted a crying French supporter afer Frances loss in the Final. Such a heartwarming gesture, unprovoked, from such a young fan.

You'll notice that the kid is wearing a Yankees hat. That's a sure sign of class!!

Seriously, for all the rivalry in sports and the scummy stories that come out from time to time there is NOTHING like sports for teaching competition, fair play, compassion and respect for your fellow man. It looks like that kid is on the right track.

When I see a child get that excited about sports while sitting with their parents - my first thought is that they are craving attention/approval from said parents and are thusly cheering to please said parents.

Yes...I am cynical - and proud of it.

As is often the case, the great Sgt. Hulka shows the way: "Lighten up, Francis."

Back
Top Bottom