• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why I Choose to Challenge Climate Change Deniers

images

Celebrities on AGW / Climate News
[h=1]Bill Nye, Celebrity from “Dancing With the Stars”, Attempts to Make Global Warming a Focal Point for the U.S. Presidential Elections[/h] Guest Post by Bob Tisdale For those not familiar with Dancing With the Stars, it’s a television dance contest that pairs professional dancers with celebrities. Bill Nye was a celebrity dancer for 2013’s Season 17. Nye was eliminated in the third round after he and his partner scored the lowest points in the first three rounds.…

Just to sort out who I am dealing with here;

What amont of heat do you think is going into the oceans?

How much temperature change does that result in? And at what depth?

What level of thermal expansion does that result in?

Basic stuff I could do when I did A level physics in high school. Can you do this sort of maths? No algebra required. If not then why do you think you can talk about it?

Which people where do you think are going to be displaced by what level of sea level rise over what time period?

I still have not received a answer to a question I have raised many times.

Why hasn't the tide mark on my pier and boat ramp not changed in 30 years?

There is an answer to this presented in the form of a question.

Are you going to believe those that have studied this and made a living on that study or are you going to believe your own, lying, eyes?

Seriously, what possible weight can anyone give to things that are obvious?

Celebrities on AGW / Climate News
[h=1]Bill Nye, Celebrity from “Dancing With the Stars”, Attempts to Make Global Warming a Focal Point for the U.S. Presidential Elections[/h] Guest Post by Bob Tisdale For those not familiar with Dancing With the Stars, it’s a television dance contest that pairs professional dancers with celebrities. Bill Nye was a celebrity dancer for 2013’s Season 17. Nye was eliminated in the third round after he and his partner scored the lowest points in the first three rounds.…

Bob Tisdale, non-scientist.

no one is denying that the climate is changing, what we're in disagreement over is the cause of the change. why the left is hell-bent on regulating our industry out of existence was once beyond me, but now i realize it's just another way they get more people dependent on big government.

551.png

Oh yeah???
Well as it happens, subsidence is ALSO caused by global warming! So there.
Why???
Because you see, when we, um ... that is, if you, uh ... it's all tied in with ... ah nevermind.

Finally stumped, I see. This is what happens when non-scientists try to do real science. I'll clue you in. There's a consensus among scientists who actually know this ****. That's why. Ta da. If you have cracks in the foundation of your house it's differential subsidence in most instances, and caused by AGW. If you convert to a zero emissions life, the cracks will go away. Ta da, again.

Finally stumped, I see. This is what happens when non-scientists try to do real science. I'll clue you in. There's a consensus among scientists who actually know this ****. That's why. Ta da. If you have cracks in the foundation of your house it's differential subsidence in most instances, and caused by AGW. If you convert to a zero emissions life, the cracks will go away. Ta da, again.

DAMMIT!
I knew it had to be something.
I shoulda just posted a link to something I hadn't read and hoped no one else would either.

Considerably more of a scientist than Bill Nye.

[h=3]About | Bob Tisdale – Climate Observations[/h]https://bobtisdale.wordpress.com/about/

Sep 10, 2012 - I have been studying manmade global warming/climate change/climate disruption/insert latest catch-name here for a decade or two.

Sorry... The guy says he 'studies it' and that makes him a scientist?

And another guy actually sits on boards that determine scientific grants, helps direct the Mars landings, yet isn't as much of a scientist?

Sorry... The guy says he 'studies it' and that makes him a scientist?

And another guy actually sits on boards that determine scientific grants, helps direct the Mars landings, yet isn't as much of a scientist?

Studies and publishes, yes.

Maybe because yer blind, which explains yer use of large font

On May 6, the Obama administration released the third National Climate Assessment, and President Obama proclaimed climate change no longer a theory; its effects, he said, are already here. This came as no surprise in Norfolk, where normal tides have risen 1 1/2 feet over the past century and the sea is rising faster than anywhere else on the East Coast.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...3ae860-e71f-11e3-8f90-73e071f3d637_story.html

Back
Top Bottom