• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why I Choose to Challenge Climate Change Deniers

I still have not received a answer to a question I have raised many times.

Why hasn't the tide mark on my pier and boat ramp not changed in 30 years?
Studies have shown erosion and sinking.
So, just to be clear, is or is not your pier "sinking" over the last 30 years?....cause yer contradicting yourself.

Maybe because yer blind, which explains yer use of large font

On May 6, the Obama administration released the third National Climate Assessment, and President Obama proclaimed climate change no longer a theory; its effects, he said, are already here. This came as no surprise in Norfolk, where normal tides have risen 1 1/2 feet over the past century and the sea is rising faster than anywhere else on the East Coast.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...3ae860-e71f-11e3-8f90-73e071f3d637_story.html

Because Norfolk is sinking...period. It has already been proven.

OMG.............can you please explain how a tide can change in certain parts of the coast but not others? Do you mean that the water isn't self leveling, or is there some phenomenon that only you know about? Did you bother reading your reply before you sent it out. If the tides go up in Norfolk, they have to go up in others areas as well.

But, regardless of your foolishness, the tides in my area haven't changed one bit in 30 years that I can visually see. I have the same marking on my pier that have been there since 1986 and the tide only changes in height during a full moon, and storms.

Studies have shown erosion and sinking.
Well now you have opened yerself up to argument. You admit "studies" show sinking, which is true, but it isn't the whole story, since world-wide sea levels have risen 5"-8" of the last century, which means that Norfolk's "sinking" ( subsidence) is @ 10" over the last century, roughly 8" is sea level rise.

Well now you have opened yerself up to argument. You admit "studies" show sinking, which is true, but it isn't the whole story, since world-wide sea levels have risen 5"-8" of the last century, which means that Norfolk's "sinking" ( subsidence) is @ 10" over the last century, roughly 8" is sea level rise.

You can believe what ever you like, but I do not see one bit difference in any area of the Chesapeake, or the Carolina's. I guarantee that I spend as much time on the water as anyone..... short of commercial fisherman.

OMG.............can you please explain how a tide can change in certain parts of the coast but not others? Do you mean that the water isn't self leveling, or is there some phenomenon that only you know about? Did you bother reading your reply before you sent it out. If the tides go up in Norfolk, they have to go up in others areas as well.

But, regardless of your foolishness, the tides in my area haven't changed one bit in 30 years that I can visually see. I have the same marking on my pier that have been there since 1986 and the tide only changes in height during a full moon, and storms.
Sure, your pier is an outlier to the Norfolk region, where you already linked to "studies" showing subsidence, while ignoring that everywhere around the world since 1916 there has been a 5"-8" sea level rise. Gawd smiles on you and yer pier, her mighty hand lifts it up.

You can believe what ever you like, but I do not see one bit difference in any area of the Chesapeake, or the Carolina's. I guarantee that I spend as much time on the water as anyone..... short of commercial fisherman.
Dooder, you have already admitted to subsidence, 2/3 of the sea level change in YOUR CITY.

Another good article.

Rise of sea levels is 'the greatest lie ever told'
sl_ns_global.png

Dooder, you have already admitted to subsidence, 2/3 of the sea level change in YOUR CITY.

You are the one that does not understand geological subsidence..................... while acting the snarky expert.

Geological subsidence is the motion of a surface (usually, the Earth's surface) as it shifts downward relative to a datum such as sea-level. The opposite of subsidence is uplift, which results in an increase in elevation. Ground subsidence is of concern to geologists, geotechnical engineers and surveyors.

You are the one that does not understand geological subsidence..................... while acting the snarky expert.

Geological subsidence is the motion of a surface (usually, the Earth's surface) as it shifts downward relative to a datum such as sea-level. The opposite of subsidence is uplift, which results in an increase in elevation. Ground subsidence is of concern to geologists, geotechnical engineers and surveyors.
I understand what subsidence is, I have conceded SOME of the relative sea rise in Norfolk is due to subsidence, but it takes a special kind of denial to say "muh pier has not seen sea level rise" while posting how much subsidence Norfolk has experienced.....and to ignore WORLD WIDE sea level rise.

Another twist to the sea level rise fiasco.

Study now says global warming slows sea-level rise

Yup.

[h=1]Another Importance of Small Islands in Global Warming Alarmism[/h] Guest opinion: Dr. Tim Ball Sea level rise and threats to small Pacific islands are back in the news, like the recent concern about five Pacific islands. Part of the alarmist strategy is that as the global warming claim loses traction, they resurrect stories that were successful in the past. Climate alarmists got a lot…

I understand what subsidence is, I have conceded SOME of the relative sea rise in Norfolk is due to subsidence, but it takes a special kind of denial to say "muh pier has not seen sea level rise" while posting how much subsidence Norfolk has experienced.....and to ignore WORLD WIDE sea level rise.

You don't get it ...do you? The ocean has been taking coasts for billions of years.

You guys keep claiming all these doomsday scenarios just like you did in the 70's when you all said that coming Ice Age was going to kill off millions of people.

Crickets...on that one eh?

Now NASA says that there isn't any change in the volume of ice.

Forbes Welcome

Which is it going to be with you guys?

Do you have a nice photo of your pier you can post?

I still have not received a answer to a question I have raised many times.

Why hasn't the tide mark on my pier and boat ramp not changed in 30 years?

You have a boat AND a pier? Check your privilege!

You don't get it ...do you? The ocean has been taking coasts for billions of years.

You guys keep claiming all these doomsday scenarios just like you did in the 70's when you all said that coming Ice Age was going to kill off millions of people.

Crickets...on that one eh?

Now NASA says that there isn't any change in the volume of ice.

Forbes Welcome

Which is it going to be with you guys?
There is no point in debating you since you still won't admit to ANY changes in seal level at your pier, whether it is part of subsidence or global sea level change.

And the idea that I have to account for a tiny minority of conspiracy theories in the 70's is frigging stupid. We know without any doubt from satellite data since the 90's that absolute sea level rise is a real thing, only special folks deny it.

1970s_papers.gif

Figure 1: Number of papers classified as predicting global cooling (blue) or warming (red). In no year were there more cooling papers than warming papers (Peterson 2008).

There is no point in debating you since you still won't admit to ANY changes in seal level at your pier, whether it is part of subsidence or global sea level change.

And the idea that I have to account for a tiny minority of conspiracy theories in the 70's is frigging stupid. We know without any doubt from satellite data since the 90's that absolute sea level rise is a real thing, only special folks deny it.

That is because you guys never change with your alarmist attitudes towards people who oppose your views.

A lot of scientists that do not rely on grant money also oppose your views.

1970s_papers.gif

Figure 1: Number of papers classified as predicting global cooling (blue) or warming (red). In no year were there more cooling papers than warming papers (Peterson 2008).

During the peak of your global warming attacks, you guys were also placing thermometers in reflected heat off of concrete and other areas to produce higher temperature recordings.

Then you guys were caught manipulating data in computer programs to produce the desired results.

Then we find ancient artifacts in places where people actually once lived when the ice retreated temporarily.

That is because you guys never change with your alarmist attitudes towards people who oppose your views.
Wait, let me get this, yer going to deny that your own pier has not seen sea level change....because of "us guy's" attitude? Yer justifying your lies....because of an attitude of someone else? That is completely irrational.

A lot of scientists that do not rely on grant money also oppose your views.
I have no idea how this is an excuse, 97% of climate scientist do agree on human caused warming, and I would guess most of those 3% that don't do in fact rely on grants, so the group you cite are a tiny minority.

During the peak of your global warming attacks, you guys were also placing thermometers in reflected heat off of concrete and other areas to produce higher temperature recordings.

Then you guys were caught manipulating data in computer programs to produce the desired results.

Then we find ancient artifacts in places where people actually once lived when the ice retreated temporarily.
First off, I'm not "yuz guyz", second, yer in no position to be talking about deception when you still can't even admit to your original lie.

Wait, let me get this, yer going to deny that your own pier has not seen sea level change....because of "us guy's" attitude? Yer justifying your lies....because of an attitude of someone else? That is completely irrational.

I have no idea how this is an excuse, 97% of climate scientist do agree on human caused warming, and I would guess most of those 3% that don't do in fact rely on grants, so the group you cite are a tiny minority.

I haven't adjusted one single thing. You are gaming the debate with false information. 97% of your supposed scientists have a "quota to meet".......................OBTAIN THE RESULTS THAT WE ARE PAYING YOU FOR!

Back
Top Bottom