• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why I, a liberal, disagree with the BML movement

Bowel-Movement Loquaciousness

I was recently replying to someone else in another thread that became polluted in racial arguments where none had been brought up initially. While replying, I re-read what I had wrote and found it to be concise enough that I think it summarizes my problems with wokeness in general and BML in particular, (below is paraphrased).

I assume that others like me are tired of racial obsession. Some of us don't need or want to place any emphasis on a person's race as any special qualifier for different treatment, because we see each other as people. Some people we like, because we like how they think and behave, some people we grow tired of because of their antics. Long live MLK! We're all basically the same, why is this so hard to understand?

There is of course the alternative, where we focus primarily on insignificant differences and place enormous importance on that, and start dividing each other on that basis, to demonize the other without regard for who they are beyond their skin colour. I wonder if we can find any examples of the outcomes of this type of thinking in history?

I'd consider carefully what far left activist are trying to achieve and the manner in which they are trying to achieve it. It's for these reasons I reject the BLM movement as a destructive, divisive movement.

Oh yes, because BLM invented racism. Before BLM all races were treated equally under the law. If only they would just start pretending that racism doesn't exist, why, with enough wishful thinking I'm sure they could make it so.

In the seventies the Black Panther Party garnered praise for working to benefit their people with various programs— education classes,school lunches— to mitigate their reputation for violent overthrow of the government.

Has any ordinary citizen— not a member of the group nor a politician— ever praised BLM for contributing good works to any community?

Cause all I hear on the news is stuff like, “I lost my business (or my child) because of the riots.”

It's like saying that you shouldn't concentrate on the houses that are on fire, but instead enjoy the rest of the city...

Again, convenient.

Well, would you, then, consider racial distinctions to be analogous to "houses that are on fire"?

Well, would you, then, consider racial distinctions to be analogous to "houses that are on fire"?

I would consider the problems of systematic racism to be analogous to "houses that are on fire". I consider pretending to be color-blind in a society that is so deeply divided upon racial lines, to be analogous to ignoring a burning building.

Black slaves built this country and then Black American Civil rights heroes actually made it stand for equality and justice for all. Your white wing heroes were really just rich slave owners who **** all over the ideas in the constitution.

Line up the list of inventions side by side. Harvesting crops gets you by for a short period of time. Inventing machines and industry advances you far above the rest.

BLM is a marxist movement to undermine American society and overturn our government. They are a radical group using racial division as their platform to advance their agenda.
In general, balkanization is meant to control the masses. Keep people angry, aggrieved and divided and they will never unite in power against the government. Lately, that division has been predicated upon skin color, but have no doubt the REAL division is class.

"Beneath all of the racial unrest, at the root of all racial unrest in the country, is the clammy, cold, bloody hand of Communism."

Liveleak.com - 1969 Commentary on Communists using Race Conflict to grow.

Having a white mother doesn't make you white. If it did, the right wing wouldn't have lost their ****ing minds when Obama won the presidency.

Duh. It makes you as genetically white as otherwise. But as I said, and I can only repeat myself again for your benefit, "affected by skin color" makes Obama black. He could have had 3 white grandparents and 1 black grandparent and guess what...? The RW says that Obama was divisive. And they're right. Because he had black skin. The RW didn't like that. The Dems saw that, intellectually, but that's as far as it went. Intellectual. They never fought back. In fact, they kept distance from Obama as they lost the House and Senate when they should have been fighting for it, Obama and their supposed constituents. What a laugh. Cowards.

Duh. It makes you as genetically white as otherwise. But as I said, and I can only repeat myself again for your benefit, "affected by skin color" makes Obama black. He could have had 3 white grandparents and 1 black grandparent and guess what...? The RW says that Obama was divisive. And they're right. Because he had black skin. The RW didn't like that. The Dems saw that, intellectually, but that's as far as it went. Intellectual. They never fought back. In fact, they kept distance from Obama as they lost the House and Senate when they should have been fighting for it, Obama and their supposed constituents. What a laugh. Cowards.

Race is a social construct. It's made up.

Race is a social construct. It's made up.

Yeah. So is your relationship with others, your name, your thoughts and ideas. What isn't made-up, in your context, is a shorter list perhaps. Darker than white skin is not made up, than by genetics. We do make up our perception of what people who have a certain skin color, incl white, mean to us. Perception is what we make of things. Made up. Science is all we have to determine what is made up, and what of that and else is real. As far as we know.

Back
Top Bottom