• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do we tolerate such racism?

That's a false dichotomy because you reject the possibility of equivelancy. For example, let's look at two groups of people. One has five people who weigh 240lbs, 185lbs, 160 lbs, 215 lbs and 200 pounds respectively and the other has five people who weigh 190 lbs, 205 lbs, 203 lbs, 287 lbs and 115 lbs respectively.

No two people weigh the same, but both groups are equivilant. According to your logic, the existence of two groups such as these is impossible. Give me a break. I think I made my point.

Of course it's a perosnal observation. All stereotypes are based on personal observations at some point. But the problem with observations is that they are almost always performed without acknowledging the confounds. I don't understand your use of the word 'confounds.' Perhaps you mean exceptions....? Look, I'm not at all prejudiced against any group of people. I am not racist. It is difficult for me to believe that my generalization is incorrect because I HEAR these quasi-leaders talking trash, seeing unfair treatment at every turn, and blaming white people for things that happened 200 years ago. If these guys weren't respected by their own, how would they be earning their living?

I also agree with that. But that is also the main confound to your comment and "observation" though. The issue is society's allowance of overt racism, not the actually rates of racism. We are more likely to see black people being overtly racist because overt racism by black people is more socially acceptable. It does not mean whites are less racist, though. Wow. I can really see that. If I'm not careful, I may learn something today. EXcellent point!!! Thank you!!

Tucker, your last paragraph really does resonate with me. Thank you.

Let's not forget it wasn't just black people that were lynched. It was black and white Republicans.

Last edited:
for every rev wright, there is a skinhead or a david duke. how many blacks have hanged whites for being white?

How many white members does the CBC have? I am sure of all the white liberals in congress there is at least one that the CBC could have in its caucus isn't there?

j-mac

Back
Top Bottom