• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do some DP theists always choose willful ignorance?

What "beliefs" are atheists espousing?
Do you not state your own beliefs about there being no God? And yes, it is a belief, since you cannot prove it...

Not perfect, but God certainly expects you to refrain from doing what you asked repentance for...there is more than ONE sin, ya know...

So it's best then to skip from sin to sin and be forgiven for each one along the way.

Not perfect, but God certainly expects you to refrain from doing what you asked repentance for...there is more than ONE sin, ya know...

How long does the Bible say you have to refrain before you can ask forgiveness again?

Do you not state your own beliefs about there being no God? And yes, it is a belief, since you cannot prove it...

Most Atheists don’t believe “there is no god”. We simply don’t believe in one. We reject your claims, not make claims ourselves.

How long does the Bible say you have to refrain before you can ask forgiveness again?
I can tell you what being a Christian is NOT...it is NOT looking for loopholes...

Most Atheists don’t believe “there is no god”. We simply don’t believe in one. We reject your claims, not make claims ourselves.
So, you are not an atheist...got it...

I can tell you what being a Christian is NOT...it is NOT looking for loopholes...

Isn’t salvation one giant loophole from sin rather than having to perfectly follow all the rules of the Old Testament covenant?

No, it is not a belief. Specify precisely where i said "no god exists!" I am simply not convinced any god/s exist and any claims gor one are dismissed without evidence. A lack of belief is not a belief. But it is not for me to prove, since I am not making an affirmative claim and one cannot prove the non-existence of something. But you do make claims for a God and have not proved your claim. The burden of proof is on you!

No, it is not a belief. Specify precisely where i said "no god exists!" I am simply not convinced any god/s exist and any claims gor one are dismissed without evidence. A lack of belief is not a belief.
It is a belief...it's certainly not a fact...

It is a belief...it's certainly not a fact...
Still incorrect. Not only can you not specify where I said "there is no god," you can't explain how a lack of belief is a belief.

What "beliefs" are atheists espousing?

Bitching about what Christians believe.
You just embarrassed your self with that idiocy. You got nothing, you are trolling and deflecting, par for the course from factless thiests LOL

Athiests don't stand on corners preaching, they don't hand out fliers , dont' wear clothing and religious symbols and keep blabbing about their faith, don't knock on doors trying to convert people, they dont' make public spectacles of prayer in public, there are no athiest programming on TV showing services or trying to convert people, and they don't try to force laws based on their beliefs like religious people.

How embarrassing to put forth such a stupid , obvious, unintelligent trolling post
So basically you don't like Christians because they enjoy the same freedoms you take for granted. This part really cracks me up:

"Athiests don't stand on corners preaching, they don't hand out fliers , dont' wear clothing and religious symbols and keep blabbing about their faith, don't knock on doors trying to convert people they dont' make public spectacles of prayer in public, there are no athiest programming on TV showing services or trying to convert people, and they don't try to force laws based on their beliefs like religious people."

Dont worry, atheists have their ways of being a pain in our asses.

When it comes to “atheism“ and/or “atheist”, why do some theists at DP constantly and repeatedly chose willful ignorance over facts?

We’ve explained hundreds of times what the basic definition of those words mean, yet every new thread reveals undeniable willful ignorance from theists.

There’s been entire threads devoted to definitions.
It’s been stated hundreds of times, in hundreds of threads. Often to the exact same theists.

Yet some theists here still chose to get it WRONG in every damn thread that’s created.

Why?

As a theist, why can’t you accept a basic and simple definition?
Why chose willful ignorance when presented with facts and definitions?
Especially when it’s information and definitions coming from actual atheists?

Why is it so difficult to accept a very simple concept?
It’s a verifiable fact that the majority of people on planet Earth don’t believe in the “god” YOU believe in.
So why is it so hard to understand that some people don’t believe in any god at all?

Why do you willfully chose to ignore what you’re told?
Also, why do you chose to make up ridiculous nonsense to support your willful ignorance?
For example, “Russia/Putin is a perfect representation of atheistic ideology.“

Is this how organized religion trains one to think?
Well, you said a lot while actually saying nothing. What specific false information are theists using for the definition of "atheism and atheist"?

Bitching about what Christians believe.

So basically you don't like Christians because they enjoy the same freedoms you take for granted. This part really cracks me up:

"Athiests don't stand on corners preaching, they don't hand out fliers , dont' wear clothing and religious symbols and keep blabbing about their faith, don't knock on doors trying to convert people they dont' make public spectacles of prayer in public, there are no athiest programming on TV showing services or trying to convert people, and they don't try to force laws based on their beliefs like religious people."

Dont worry, atheists have their ways of being a pain in our asses.

Bitching about something is not a belief.

I am glad to hear that atheists are a pain in "your" asses, whoever you think you are speaking for.

When it comes to “atheism“ and/or “atheist”, why do some theists at DP constantly and repeatedly chose willful ignorance over facts?

We’ve explained hundreds of times what the basic definition of those words mean, yet every new thread reveals undeniable willful ignorance from theists.

There’s been entire threads devoted to definitions.
It’s been stated hundreds of times, in hundreds of threads. Often to the exact same theists.

Yet some theists here still chose to get it WRONG in every damn thread that’s created.

Why?

As a theist, why can’t you accept a basic and simple definition?
Why chose willful ignorance when presented with facts and definitions?
Especially when it’s information and definitions coming from actual atheists?

Why is it so difficult to accept a very simple concept?
It’s a verifiable fact that the majority of people on planet Earth don’t believe in the “god” YOU believe in.
So why is it so hard to understand that some people don’t believe in any god at all?

Why do you willfully chose to ignore what you’re told?
Also, why do you chose to make up ridiculous nonsense to support your willful ignorance?
For example, “Russia/Putin is a perfect representation of atheistic ideology.“

Is this how organized religion trains one to think?
Theists see you and yours in the same light.

Facepalm Nonbelievers.jpg

That makes no sense...I've never said "perfectly"...no man is perfect, but Jesus Christ...so stop lying...
If you look at the stories that are told in the Bible about Jesus, he's not perfect either.

Sorry, there are too many to quote...find them for yourself...
THat sounds like deflection and lack of being able to support a claim

Thanks.

Regarding the title and OP:

I did not say "all".
I did not say "most".
I did not call out any specific names.

I simply said "some".

Great that quite a few lived up to their expectations.

The "willful ignorance" is running strong.

Thanks.

Regarding the title and OP:

I did not say "all".
I did not say "most".
I did not call out any specific names.

I simply said "some".

Great that quite a few lived up to their expectations.

The "willful ignorance" is running strong.

Yep. The irony, isn't it?
It's not the willfull ignorance by theists that was revealed.
In fact, theists are shown to be on the ball.

I bet that irony will be lost to the ignorant.

If you look at the stories that are told in the Bible about Jesus, he's not perfect either.

You don't just make a claim, and expect readers to take your word for it.
Explain.

THat sounds like deflection and lack of being able to support a claim

Hahahaha
Ignoring challenging questions is a sure sign of deflection. 🤷
I bet you'll ignore the question above.

Back
Top Bottom