• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are some atheists bothered when it is said that disbelievers will go to hell?

When told that according to X religion, you as a disbeliever would go to hell, you feel...

• Total voters
I am sorry that you are one of many who are bothered by facts. Nothing I can do to help you at this point. I am truly sorry.

Talking point #3 above.v I would be glad to have a serious discussion with you if I thought I would be repaid, but it has quickly become quite apparent that you are only interested in ranting and raving like your great heroes Hannity and Rush and Trump. Take it over to the Politics forum. There are plenty of liberals there ready to kick your sorry right-wing ass.

If they don't believe in hell and they have no doubt about their beliefs, whatsoever (they often claim they do not), why would it bother them if a Mormon/Muslim/Jew/Christian/Hindu said that they believe that those who disbelieve in their religion will go to hell?

I have heard multiple arguments from Christians that Muslims will go to hell. This has never made me feel the slightest discomfort.

You are missing the point. We know that hell is made up. But the fact that someone really believes that you will be tortured forever and are ok with that and actually think its your fault is just dark.

Talking point #3 above.v I would be glad to have a serious discussion with you if I thought I would be repaid, but it has quickly become quite apparent that you are only interested in ranting and raving like your great heroes Hannity and Rush and Trump. Take it over to the Politics forum. There are plenty of liberals there ready to kick your sorry right-wing ass.
Religion and politics are identical in their means of indoctrination.

Why do the Shia and the Sunni in the Middle East area hate on another so much that they kill one another by the dozens and even hundreds?
When Muhammed died, there was no sucessor. The two main prospects were Abu Bakr, ( The guy who gave his 6 year old daughter to a 50 year old pervert,
and Ali, muhammeds adopted son.
The leader gets 20% of the booty, and is a desirable position.
Bakr won and became the 1st calief.
This started two different factions, that would later become Sunni, and Shia.

Ali, would later become the 4th calief, and him and his family, were murdered by the other side. Google "Ashura".

Ashia, sided with Ali after her father seized the land she thought was rightfully hers.

The two sides separated and went different directions,
sunni into Europe and africa, Shia into India.

After 1400 years one could expect different rituals. Sunni pray 5 times a day, shia 3, and many other differences.

There is a lot more information I can disclose if asked.

Last edited:
If they don't believe in hell and they have no doubt about their beliefs, whatsoever (they often claim they do not), why would it bother them if a Mormon/Muslim/Jew/Christian/Hindu said that they believe that those who disbelieve in their religion will go to hell?

I have heard multiple arguments from Christians that Muslims will go to hell. This has never made me feel the slightest discomfort.

It's just rude of people think people who don't share their belief system deserve to go to hell, especially given some of the depictions of hell. It's kind of sick and twisted of people to imagine a God that thinks that people need to believe a specific religious world view "or else". Essentially from an atheists perspective, it's a sort of weird religious revenge fantasy.

Also historically when one group of people wants to act poorly to another group of people one of the key ingredients is to degrade them, to make them, somehow lesser. We see this with religions and cultures all the time. It is nothing but problematic.

It's just rude of people think people who don't share their belief system deserve to go to hell, especially given some of the depictions of hell. It's kind of sick and twisted of people to imagine a God that thinks that people need to believe a specific religious world view "or else". Essentially from an atheists perspective, it's a sort of weird religious revenge fantasy.

Also historically when one group of people wants to act poorly to another group of people one of the key ingredients is to degrade them, to make them, somehow lesser. We see this with religions and cultures all the time. It is nothing but problematic.
Pretty much this.

If someone told another person that they deserved to be or would eventually be abducted by space aliens, anal probed, and sold into intergalactic slavery by the Blatarkian empire for their beliefs or lack of beliefs, even if the accused didn't believe in aliens or at least aliens who could travel intergalactically, making such judgements, such statements would still be rude, wrong and assholish, even if it were based on beliefs the person who said it actually held.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

So you are comparing religion to FOX?
You're new here. I am comparing religion to leftism. Identical tactics of control are used. Look up Joseph Goebbels and see how he mastered propaganda and how CNN, MSNBS, The NY Times, etc, use the same tactics, which religions have used for over 2 centuries. Christianity and leftism are just cults who use fear, hate, shame, ridicule and outright lying to win and keep converts.

Because I am a conservative, don't automatically assume I am some nutso religious freak.

When Muhammed died, there was no sucessor. The two main prospects were Abu Bakr, ( The guy who gave his 6 year old daughter to a 50 year old pervert,
and Ali, muhammeds adopted son.
...​
There is a lot more information I can disclose if asked.

I have to say that I did not "fact check" anything that you wrote above and my studies of Islam were always through the lens of history and politics, never through the lens of theology. I am simply accepting what you say as true unless I go to look it up and find that it is disputed. I have forgotten a great deal about the differences between the Shia and the Sunni. I, for one, would like more information, but perhaps it should be in another thread.

You're new here. I am comparing religion to leftism. Identical tactics of control are used. Look up Joseph Goebbels and see how he mastered propaganda and how CNN, MSNBS, The NY Times, etc, use the same tactics, which religions have used for over 2 centuries. Christianity and leftism are just cults who use fear, hate, shame, ridicule and outright lying to win and keep converts.

Because I am a conservative, don't automatically assume I am some nutso religious freak.
You didn't understand his question. Lol

Is this equally as true with the one minor edit I made?
what edit? But it really doesn't matter. The truth is that both religion and leftism use the tactics of propaganda that were used with evil effectiveness by Joseph Goebbels to tell lies often enough and with enough conviction so that millions would be believers. This is a time honored method of indoctrination and the MSM does it even better than Goebbels. Instill hatred and anger and fear into the masses and you can make them revel in the thought of burning a 16 year old girl at the stake. No difference today except that the "16 year old girl" they want the public to kill is Donald Trump. Decades ago it was 6 million Jews. The Press is evil doing the bidding of evil Democrats.

what edit? But it really doesn't matter. The truth is that both religion and leftism use the tactics of propaganda that were used with evil effectiveness by Joseph Goebbels to tell lies often enough and with enough conviction so that millions would be believers. This is a time honored method of indoctrination and the MSM does it even better than Goebbels. Instill hatred and anger and fear into the masses and you can make them revel in the thought of burning a 16 year old girl at the stake. No difference today except that the "16 year old girl" they want the public to kill is Donald Trump. Decades ago it was 6 million Jews. The Press is evil doing the bidding of evil Democrats.
Fox and am radio does the same thing. Lol

Fox and am radio does the same thing. Lol
I don't listen to AM radio. Fox is one TV station against about 20 evil Goebbelsian sources that this crowd gets their daily does of hate and fear from. They depend on the sheep to keep that advertising money lowing and this crowd never disappoints the Joseph Goebbels fear mongers.

I don't listen to AM radio. Fox is one TV station against about 20 evil Goebbelsian sources that this crowd gets their daily does of hate and fear from. They depend on the sheep to keep that advertising money lowing and this crowd never disappoints the Joseph Goebbels fear mongers.
I didnt ask what you listen to. I dont care if you watch breitbart or the rest of the right wing wackos.

The sheep do. Lol

Say goebbels again. Lol

*YAWN*

Says the FOX watcher.

Goebbels was a rightwing fascist. Trumpclan's hideous attempts to ape him help shape his cult following.

It doesn't work. They aren't instilling hatred of Trump and America. Very bad fail on your part.

You are hilarious. Psychological projection big time. All you do is parrot the propaganda that has been instilled into you by the vast right-wing echo machine over the past two-plus decades. Not an original thought to be had by you. Ever.

It doesn't work. They aren't instilling hatred of Trump and America. Very bad fail on your part.

All they are doing is reporting on Trump’s rhetoric and actions. It’s not their fault if he is a serial adulterer liar incompetent scumbag who doesn’t have a clue as to what he is actually doing . All they are doing is reporting it.

Back
Top Bottom