• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are people who describe themselves as "Progressives" in favor of Hamas and Iran?

I think I have an answer to my own question; "progressives" like something if it is bad, such as 9/11 or October 7, happens to a productive, prosperous country. If those countries act to prevent further such acts, that is oppression. The attackers expect to be fed and subsidized by the affluent countries. They can't stop biting the hands that feed them.

Who is Toggle? And do you agree with him?
I understand he is a sock. Of course I don't agree with him. It was a response by him to one of my posts. Apparently, he is not a fan of New York.

I understand he is a sock. Of course I don't agree with him. It was a response by him to one of my posts. Apparently, he is not a fan of New York.
That was extremely unclear. You coupled it with Isaac Asimov’s quote, whatever it’s merits.

I think I have an answer to my own question; "progressives" like something if it is bad, such as 9/11 or October 7, happens to a productive, prosperous country. If those countries act to prevent further such acts, that is oppression. The attackers expect to be fed and subsidized by the affluent countries. They can't stop biting the hands that feed them.

The belief is that such attacks did not take place out of the blue.

He quotes terrorists knowing they're terrorists and promote their propaganda directly, that's terror supporting.
Just like you vouching for a known terror supporter who you know is supporting terrorists makes it clear what your own repulsive agenda here is.
Lie and deny reality as much as you'd like to, it's documented in this thread.
I have never quoted a terrorist, nor have I ever quoted any Hamas propaganda. Stop lying, now, or back up your claim. Your choice.

Last edited:
Are you saying I'm stupid? Well my IQ is 79.

Only cowards fight via sneak attack.

Israel constantly engaged in “sneak attacks” against British troops.

First of all that was against troops. Second of all, why do you hate Jews so much?

You are the one who declared “sneak attacks” to be “cowardly”. Apparently that only applies when Israel isn’t the one carrying them out 😂

Israel routinely targeted Palestinian civilians as well, so that’s clearly false.

Are you saying I'm stupid? Well my IQ is 79.

Only cowards fight via sneak attack.
"Only cowards..."? I suggest you tell that to our SAS, the US Seals and any other military group which employs stealth in order to do their job; I'm sure you'd get a sympathetic hearing. What a dumb post; got any more I can laugh at?

First of all that was against troops. Second of all, why do you hate Jews so much?
Why do you make stupid assumptions ("...hate Jews..."), just because someone isn't a knee-jerk supporter of Israel's far-right government? I hated Poland's Communist government. Does that extend to me hating Catholics because a vast majority of Poles, 72%, identify as Catholic? That would be very stupid, as I'm sure you would agree.

The only way Israel can defend itself is by Hamas' being wiped out or its unconditional surrender. We learned that on October 7. It is quite sad that it takes refuge under women and children, in order to gain international sympathy.
That does not give you the right to slaughter tens of thousands of women and children just to kill 10 members of Hamas.
Can you imagine if police officers responding to a mass shooting at a high school in the country shot 9 random kids because the real shooter was hiding behind them?

Reasonable? There is nothing reasonable with what the Arab States, Palestinians, Iran, Hamas and Hezbollah have done for the past 70 years.

I suppose you think the USA over-reacted after Pearl Harbor
Comparing nations like Japan, Germany, and Italy to a terrorist group is nonsensical. Leaders like Hitler and Mussolini and the Emperor of Japan were the official leaders of the country.
The bulk of the fighting was done against military organizations and until the invention of the atomic bomb, it was a reasonably fair fight that killed millions of Allied lives.

Hamas is not the official government of Gaza. Israel has Hamas massively outnumbered and outgunned. For every 1 Israeli killed in this one attack, Israel has murdered at least 300 Palestinians, most of which have little or no association with Hamas.
Yes, very very obviously we did. We started not one, but two major foreign wars each of which lasted well over a decade. One of which was against a country that had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11 at all.
Both of the wars we launched were horribly planned, with absolutely no idea what victory would even look like or how it would be achieved. We likely created more enemies that we killed, and after 23 years, the United States is no more safe from terrorism than it was before.
So yeah, we abso****inglutely overreacted.

That does not give you the right to slaughter tens of thousands of women and children just to kill 10 members of Hamas.
Can you imagine if police officers responding to a mass shooting at a high school in the country shot 9 random kids because the real shooter was hiding behind them?
So, should Israel just fold up?

So, should Israel just fold up?
False choice. The overwhelming military ability of Israel allows them to take a more targeted block-by-block approach, just like a swat team searching a school for a mass shooter.
Rather than leveling an entire building take each building one at a time with smaller ammunitions. If you encounter Hamas fighters, then use heavier artillery on them when necessary.
After each block is secured allow food and medical supplies to come in behind you.
It's possible that Israel may lose some of their own troops doing it this way, but continued attacks from Hamas would continue to garner sympathy for Israel's cause.
Whereas simply bombarding the entire city is actually turning your biggest and most loyal allies against you.

I think that's what Israel had been doing for years.

Also, like "progressive" and "liberal" even "libertarian" has an odd meaning in this board.

Back
Top Bottom