• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why “97% consensus on climate change” claims are wrong

If ur an AGW advocate, then please post here what the temperature of the globe is now and what was it over history. Understand that posting graphs of "anomalies" and "deviations" are not temperatures.

My guess is you can't do it. That's not a problem because I can't either, but I'm not advocating AGW.
You didn't answer my question

How would you know? You post blogs and media articles. You don't read the peer reviewed papers, just what others say and lie about them.
Actually I read it all. You just believe in a international conspiracy

Climatology.

That's gonna be the degree any climate expert has.

That's what makes them an expert.

Unless you're @Lord of Planar , then it's communications, lol.
Like I said, name a scientist that believes in your AGW theory, and let's see what his/her qualifications is.

Actually I read it all. You just believe in a international conspiracy
Not true. I don't believe is conspiracies.

Your analytical skills are really poor if you read the papers scientists write, and don't see how the pundits lie.

Like I said, name a scientist that believes in your AGW theory, and let's see what his/her qualifications is.
o_O Wow! I looked at the most prominent scientists who endorse AGW theory that I know of & none of them have degrees in climatology:

Michael E. Mann: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_E._Mann
A.B. applied mathematics and physics (1989)
MS physics (1991)
MPhil physics (1991)
MPhil geology (1993)
PhD geology & geophysics (1998)

James Hansen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Hansen
B.A. in Physics and Mathematics with highest distinction in 1963
M.S. in Astronomy in 1965
Ph.D. in Physics in 1967

John Cook: https://skepticalscience.com/docs/John_Cook_CV.pdf
2012-2016 Doctorate of Philosophy
School of Psychology, University of Western Australia, Australia.
1989-1992 B.Sc. First Class Honours, Physics.
University of Queensland, Australia.

Bill Nye (actually an engineer): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Nye
BS Mechanical Engineering (1977)

This human-caused global warming alarmism is starting to look more & more like Joe Pesci's character's description of the DA's case in the movie My Cousin Vinny (a playing cards bricks illusion):

Reactions: PoS
Not true. I don't believe is conspiracies.

Your analytical skills are really poor if you read the papers scientists write, and don't see how the pundits lie.
Then you must explain why scientists all over the world are getting it wrong but you are getting it right

Then you must explain why scientists all over the world are getting it wrong but you are getting it right
Is anyone asserting that scientists all over the world are getting anything wrong? Please elaborate.

Other responses have already covered the falsity of the claims made by the deniers but I thought I would add a bit more to the 'discussion'

More than 99.9% of studies agree: Humans caused climate change

More than 99.9% of peer-reviewed scientific papers agree that climate change is mainly caused by humans, according to a new survey of 88,125 climate-related studies.

The research updates a similar 2013 paper revealing that 97% of studies published between 1991 and 2012 supported the idea that human activities are altering Earth’s climate. The current survey examines the literature published from 2012 to November 2020 to explore whether the consensus has changed.

“We are virtually certain that the consensus is well over 99% now and that it’s pretty much case closed for any meaningful public conversation about the reality of human-caused climate change,” said Mark Lynas, a visiting fellow at the Alliance for Science and the paper’s first author.

Here's the part that should cause some people to rethink their beliefs - beliefs unsupported by the science
In the study, the researchers began by examining a random sample of 3,000 studies from the dataset of 88,125 English-language climate papers published between 2012 and 2020. They found only found four out of the 3,000 papers were skeptical of human-caused climate change. “We knew that [climate skeptical papers] were vanishingly small in terms of their occurrence, but we thought there still must be more in the 88,000,” Lynas said.

Co-author Simon Perry, a United Kingdom-based software engineer and volunteer at the Alliance for Science, created an algorithm that searched out keywords from papers the team knew were skeptical, such as “solar,” “cosmic rays” and “natural cycles.” The algorithm was applied to all 88,000-plus papers, and the program ordered them so the skeptical ones came higher in the order. They found many of these dissenting papers near the top, as expected, with diminishing returns further down the list. Overall, the search yielded 28 papers that were implicitly or explicitly skeptical, all published in minor journals.

Is anyone asserting that scientists all over the world are getting anything wrong? Please elaborate.
Great. So you believe in the consensus. Me too

I did explain it. I'm sorry you don't comprehend.

The scientists are not getting it wrong! At least not by the variables they are using.

The scientists temper their words trying to be as accurate as they can be. They might speak of the model outcomes, but never claim the output being what will happen. That's where the pundits lie. They make claims that are not treated as fact by the science.

Nope. The scientists are clear and that is who i cite
Bullshit. Unless it is a small number that can be counted on one hand like Schidt.

You cite what some reporter claimed, which is a lie of what the scientists say.

Care to prove me wrong?

What is the title of the thread?
That's an easy question to answer! It's this:

Why “97% consensus on climate change” claims are wrong​

Now, answer this question (this can't be difficult for anyone to answer): why do you ask?

Wow

Hard to believe there are still deniers when the evidence is all around the world
Deniers are enabled and paid by the fossil fuel industry. That's a rather large force to recon with. They don't want to lose their bread and butter. So deny, deny deny.

Bullshit. Unless it is a small number that can be counted on one hand like Schidt.

You cite what some reporter claimed, which is a lie of what the scientists say.

Care to prove me wrong?
So you believe the leaders of almost 200 scientific agencies are part of a conspiracy against the views of their members?

Instead of answering the question, you try to make it about me, but you fail; so - now what's your next move? ♟️:unsure:
Yes you are asserting scientists are getting it wrong or are part of a international conspiracy

Deniers are enabled and paid by the fossil fuel industry. That's a rather large force to recon with. They don't want to lose their bread and butter. So deny, deny deny.
And people like you who use logical fallacies, should be treated as not knowing enough to debate against, since people like you will deny the sciences shown.

So you believe the leaders of almost 200 scientific agencies are part of a conspiracy against the views of their members?
Conspiracy?

No.

Doing what they think is in their best interest? Yes.

Yes you are asserting scientists are getting it wrong or are part of a international conspiracy
Oops! Illegal move. You have me confused with someone else (are you ok?); I'm neither asserting scientists are getting it wrong nor making any sort of assertion (national or international) about a conspiracy.

Oops! Illegal move. You have me confused with someone else (are you ok?); I'm neither asserting scientists are getting it wrong nor making any sort of assertion (national or international) about a conspiracy.
Then you accept the consensus. Welcome aboard

Conspiracy?

No.

Doing what they think is in their best interest? Yes.
So they are all lying? Is that your point? And all the scientists they represent are helpless to do anything about it?

Back
Top Bottom