• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why “97% consensus on climate change” claims are wrong

Keep in mind that nearly all monitoring stations used are within the influence of the urban heat island effect.
This is nothing but another of LoP's lies.
They attempt to correct for this noise, but its impossible to accurately do so.
Not according to peer-reviewed and published science that LoP has been shown in the past.
So the correction itself is just a guess, probably calculated to give what they think the end result should be.
This is nothing but more of your denialist opinions that you can't back up.

That is where you find the evidence for global warming

Now make me a sandwich
OK, we can agree that there's a lot of evidence for global warming.

In a U.S. court of law, both sides present evidence and the jury decides which direction the preponderance of evidence favors. You're (apparently) saying the globe is warming, yet u won't (or can't) say what the temperature is now or wht it was in the past.

imho, w/o that key info no amount of other supporting evidence is worth a damn.

In a U.S. court of law, both sides present evidence and the jury decides which direction the preponderance of evidence favors. You're (apparently) saying the globe is warming, yet u won't (or can't) say what the temperature is now or wht it was in the past.

Global warming is a relative term. It depends on the temperature you are comparing and when. For example, according to the data the planet is slightly warmer today than it was in 1850. However, the planet is also slightly cooler today than it was during the Holocene Climate Optimum between 9,000 and 5,000 years ago.

The current mean surface temperature of the planet is 14.8°C, but that is because we have been in an ice age for the last 2.58 million years. When not in an age ice the planet's mean surface temperature is 22°C ± 1°C.

I can and have said what the temperature is now and what it was in the past.

But YOU agree with AGW now.

Welcome aboard

Well to me the actions of the worldwide community in preparing/mitigating for the present/future results of climate change pretty much lends itself to the acceptance of man made global warming.

Just Google the steps being taken. Just Google the present results effecting the world now. Even our military is preparing for the results of a warming world.

Seems like the only ones that don't get it are American deplorables.

Well to me the actions of the worldwide community in preparing/mitigating for the present/future results of climate change pretty much lends itself to the acceptance of man made global warming.

Just Google the steps being taken. Just Google the present results effecting the world now. Even our military is preparing for the results of a warming world.

Seems like the only ones that don't get it are American deplorables.
Nobody disputes a warming planet this past century. What is in dispute is the cause. There is nothing to indicate that humanity has anything to do with the climate. To even consider humanity to be the cause of climate change demonstrates a fundamental lack of education and an over-abundance of hubris.

Nobody disputes a warming planet this past century. What is in dispute is the cause. There is nothing to indicate that humanity has anything to do with the climate. To even consider humanity to be the cause of climate change demonstrates a fundamental lack of education and an over-abundance of hubris.
There is virtually no dispute that humans have added greatly to the warming

For those who think electric cars are the solution, here is what it takes to make the batteries for them

Short video by Dr. Willie Soong that completely demolishes the false claim that "97% of scientists agree that global warming caused by humans."

The whole study by Cook was a sham, pure and simple.

Here is the paper he co-wrote that refutes the study: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/279287725_Climate_Consensus_and_'Misinformation'_A_Rejoinder_to_Agnotology_Scientific_Consensus_and_the_Teaching_and_Learning_of_Climate_Change

Now wait as the climate change cult come in with their lame attempts to rebut this using their patented shoot the messenger, strawman, and ad hom fallacies.

What you posted is what the MSM and envirowhackos don't want anyone to know.

o_O Wow! I looked at the most prominent scientists who endorse AGW theory that I know of & none of them have degrees in climatology:

Michael E. Mann: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_E._Mann
A.B. applied mathematics and physics (1989)
MS physics (1991)
MPhil physics (1991)
MPhil geology (1993)
PhD geology & geophysics (1998)

James Hansen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Hansen
B.A. in Physics and Mathematics with highest distinction in 1963
M.S. in Astronomy in 1965
Ph.D. in Physics in 1967

John Cook: https://skepticalscience.com/docs/John_Cook_CV.pdf
2012-2016 Doctorate of Philosophy
School of Psychology, University of Western Australia, Australia.
1989-1992 B.Sc. First Class Honours, Physics.
University of Queensland, Australia.

Bill Nye (actually an engineer): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Nye
BS Mechanical Engineering (1977)

This human-caused global warming alarmism is starting to look more & more like Joe Pesci's character's description of the DA's case in the movie My Cousin Vinny (a playing cards bricks illusion):

Yeah, I was hoping these cultists actually become honest for once and look at their own so-called scientists, but its wishful thinking isnt it? They just repeat the same fallacies no matter how false they are since theyre true believers.

Yeah, I was hoping these cultists actually become honest for once and look at their own so-called scientists, but its wishful thinking isnt it? They just repeat the same fallacies no matter how false they are since theyre true believers.
I'm pretty sure that the noisy true believer cultists only make up a trace amount of the overall group who currently subscribe to the AGW climate emergency propaganda. I don't think that the bulk of those who currently subscribe to the AGW climate emergency propaganda will remain that way once they find out that the science isn't what the carbon credit crony capitalists & their true believer cultists minions on the Left claim it is.

It's like eating a slice of cake; you'll never get every single crumb, but there's no reason to bother with every single crumb, either. Once you've eaten the bulk of the cake slice, you're content.

This is nothing but another of LoP's lies.
Really?

Can you show me a five temperature monitoring station that are not within the influence of the land use changes that increase as population does?

This is so funny. You claim I lie, but you, yourself, have zero evidence to make that claim!
Not according to peer-reviewed and published science that LoP has been shown in the past.
Bullshit. You don't know how to read those papers. All the papers claimed was that there was little deviation between urban monitoring sites and rural monitoring site anomalies. That does not show I'm wrong. Just shows you don't comprehend.

When will you learn how to read science papers?
This is nothing but more of your denialist opinions that you can't back up.
You want me to back up "probably?"

LOL... Just how lame is that?

Can you show us the method they use for correction? You keep claiming you keep proving me wrong, but never do. Here's your chance!

They all wear blinders and don't want to hear the real truth. To make electric cars you have to rape the environment and electric cars don't run on air. they run on electricity that they get from coal-powered electric plants. Right now in California, there is nowhere near the electric utility capacity to support even 25% of the cars being all electric and the enviro whackos want no nuclear power. Large-scale solar power or wind power will take decades because of permits and destroys the bird populations.

When we go electric it is a license to steal by the state and federal governments because they already have plans for transponders on cars that will charge people per mile driven. Think gas is high at $5.00 a gallon. Just wait till the state and feds charge you per mile.

I'm pretty sure that the noisy true believer cultists only make up a trace amount of the overall group who currently subscribe to the AGW climate emergency propaganda. I don't think that the bulk of those who currently subscribe to the AGW climate emergency propaganda will remain that way once they find out that the science isn't what the carbon credit crony capitalists & their true believer cultists minions on the Left claim it is.

It's like eating a slice of cake; you'll never get every single crumb, but there's no reason to bother with every single crumb, either. Once you've eaten the bulk of the cake slice, you're content.
Nasa is a cult? Lol

They all wear blinders and don't want to hear the real truth. To make electric cars you have to rape the environment and electric cars don't run on air. they run on electricity that they get from coal-powered electric plants. Right now in California, there is nowhere near the electric utility capacity to support even 25% of the cars being all electric and the enviro whackos want no nuclear power. Large-scale solar power or wind power will take decades because of permits and destroys the bird populations.

When we go electric it is a license to steal by the state and federal governments because they already have plans for transponders on cars that will charge people per mile driven. Think gas is high at $5.00 a gallon. Just wait till the state and feds charge you per mile.
They will just use the chip we implanted in you at birth

I can and have said what the temperature is now and what it was in the past...
Interesting, I'm remembering a press conference w/ Yassir Arafat where he evaded/declined/overlooked a question until finally he just said "look, I've already answered that question [which he hadn't] so let's move on."

Works for the pros.

Reactions: PoS
Interesting, I'm remembering a press conference w/ Yassir Arafat where he evaded/declined/overlooked a question until finally he just said "look, I've already answered that question [which he hadn't] so let's move on."

Works for the pros.
That's nice

The June–August 2022 global surface temperature was 0.89°C (1.60°F) above the 20th-century average of 15.6°C (60.1°F).Aug 9, 20

The problem is they take what their side is saying for granted, that pretty much puts them on par with the true believers since they dont want to look at facts or reason.

Good post Neil. The left has turned into a cult, like some offshoot of Christianity that thinks the prophet was Paul who is coming back in10 years or so, and only those who go all-electric will be saved. This is in spite of scientific reports showing that if the entire world went all-electric cars right now, global temperatures would be reduced by maybe 0.0005 degrees. It has become a religion with them and as in all religions, the high priests are those who gain power and money. Green energy is a cash cow for the politicians and they see it and know it. Politicians are lining up to create the winners and losers and the winners donate (bribe) to them. I was royally pissed to see John Podesta back in power. He is the thief that got millions for him and his brother to help Haiti. They raped Haiti and didn't do crap and there was a big stink over it which was buried by the liberal press. Now he heads some new 'green energy" department that has a multi-billion dollar budget. How he snaked his way back in is anybody's guess and my guess is that he'll get 10% of any contracts awarded.

The problem is they take what their side is saying for granted, that pretty much puts them on par with the true believers since they dont want to look at facts or reason.
Facts

Reason

Good post Neil. The left has turned into a cult, like some offshoot of Christianity that thinks the prophet was Paul who is coming back in10 years or so, and only those who go all-electric will be saved. This is in spite of scientific reports showing that if the entire world went all-electric cars right now, global temperatures would be reduced by maybe 0.0005 degrees. It has become a religion with them and as in all religions, the high priests are those who gain power and money. Green energy is a cash cow for the politicians and they see it and know it. Politicians are lining up to create the winners and losers and the winners donate (bribe) to them. I was royally pissed to see John Podesta back in power. He is the thief that got millions for him and his brother to help Haiti. They raped Haiti and didn't do crap and there was a big stink over it which was buried by the liberal press. Now he heads some new 'green energy" department that has a multi-billion dollar budget. How he snaked his way back in is anybody's guess and my guess is that he'll get 10% of any contracts awarded.
It's too easy to compare the people who think AGW is a problem, as cult followers. They so religiously reject anything that isn't in their Bible (IPCC assessment reports.) They are so faithful to the dogma, and don't even understand the simplest aspects of the climate sciences.

They just believe what ever the Bishops of AGW say.

Facts

Reason

LOL...

Another .amp link that doesn't work on computers. Only cell phones.

I think you meant to link this:

My God man. You still haven't learned that link (.amp) isn't proper.

Facts

Reason

While Earth’s climate has changed throughout its history, the current warming is happening at a rate not seen in the past 10,000 years.
There is no way to factually say this. The proxy data isn't of high enough resolution to make such an arrogant statement. Only a fool or a pundit will claim this as fact. Not a scientist.

Actually, I rethought this a little. The term "as seen" does play a difference. We don't see it in proxy records, so the statement is only misleading. Not necessarily a lie.

Again, the proxy records are too low of a resolution to see a short term increase then decrease in the proxies.
According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), "Since systematic scientific assessments began in the 1970s, the influence of human activity on the warming of the climate system has evolved from theory to established fact."
Anyone that believes everything the IPCC says is a total fool.
Scientific information taken from natural sources (such as ice cores, rocks, and tree rings) and from modern equipment (like satellites and instruments) all show the signs of a changing climate.
So? Climate has always changed, and will always change. With or without us.
From global temperature rise to melting ice sheets, the evidence of a warming planet abounds.
Hard to dispute that. So?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom