• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who or what is the Intelligent Designer?

Um no, my posts are original content, except for His Word of course. Now you are just replicating my post to try and remain relevant. You cant even come up with an original post to explain your own thoughts in order to conduct a discussion, can you?

Remember the other thread, where I wrote the word 'repent' 2-3 times and you said you never even saw it? A good starting point for you would be to take your time and read properly.

My post to you explaining the inaccurate use of the word 'accidental' was made in good faith, had nothing to do with religion, and was entirely civil. Did you comprehend it or not? If so, why not demonstrate that? It would enhance your credibility.
Ignored...
Rightly so I imagine...since you cannot absorb it. Your loss. You should at least want to discuss with accurate facts.

Of course He does and the best way to achieve wisdom is by listening to Him...

"The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom,
And knowledge of the Most Holy One is understanding." Proverbs 9:10

Fearing an unknowable alien being is wisdom?

I think the universe evolves by design and that there is an intelligence behind it. I don't believe life is a series of random accidents by an unconscious nature.

Fearing an unknowable alien being is wisdom?
He is knowable...

"This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." John 17:3

Nothing wrong with a proper, reverent fear of displeasing Him...in fact, it's a healthy protection...

"The fear of Jehovah means the hating of bad." Proverbs 8:13

It will prevent one from following a bad course, for “in the fear of Jehovah one turns away from bad"...Proverbs 16:6

Yes, I’m still on ID. I have yet to find an ID supporter who is willing to discuss the question in depth as to specifically who or what is the Intelligent Designer AND show some evidence for same. Most ID proponents follow two roads:
1. They make the claim that life, especially, shows design and that therefore ID is science.
2. Most of the time, that is the total extent of their discussion of ID, per se. They then immediately pivot to derogation of evolution instead of trying to show more evidence for ID beyond item #1 above.

Even the “father of ID” does so in an interview:
“Phillip Johnson is known as the father of intelligent design. The idea in its current form appeared in the 1980s, and Johnson adopted and developed it after Darwinian evolution came up short, in his view, in explaining how all organisms, including humans, came into being. Johnson taught law for over 30 years at the University of California at Berkeley and is the author of the book Darwin on Trial, in which he argues that empirical evidence in support of Darwin's theory is lacking. In this interview, hear why he feels that such evidence is "somewhere between weak and nonexistent," why he feels intelligent design is a testable science, and why he thought the Dover trial was a train wreck waiting to happen.”

Many ID proponents also get upset if you try to link them in with Creationists”. Why? Because Creationism is pretty much universally acknowledged as having primarily a religious complement, namely “God”. The ID supporters want to sell their claims as “science” and not religion, so they shy away from identifying it as pure religious “Creation”.

So I’ll try again. If there are any ID proponents out there, can you be as specific as possible about who or what the Intelligent Designer is before you turn the thread into yet another bash of evolution?
ID is the kid staring into his fishbowl we call the Universe......with his intelligence he created evolution......it's logical......easy peasy

ID is the kid staring into his fishbowl we call the Universe......with his intelligence he created evolution......it's logical......easy peasy

We know about kids. Trying to claim that some entity that would be so powerful and complex to be able to “create” an almost infinitely complex universe is akin to a combination of science fiction and children’s literature.

We know about kids. Trying to claim that some entity that would be so powerful and complex to be able to “create” an almost infinitely complex universe is akin to a combination of science fiction and children’s literature.
kinda like the Bible

Back
Top Bottom