• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who Hates Bush?

Do You Hate Bush?

• Yes, With A Passion

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • No, I Even Respect Him

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters
GySgt said:
Where is the Left when the Sudanese Government conducted a campaign of genocide against the wretched of the earth in Darfur Province?

Where is the right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's still happening.

Yes it is, but you won't see the liberals march on it until after Conservative America goes in and causes a few accidental deaths. Then we will all here about America's crimes.

That's because you are a leftist pascifist and don't believe in defending a person's right to live.

You see, history has seen it. Horrible acts against humanity have been executed by evil men and armies. A pascifist or a liberal would rather talk about how bad things are and look the other way. It's only after America gets involved that the liberal or pascifist points out where America errs. What becomes important, is that the liberal gets to point a finger at the viciousness of America. Nothing else matters. It is the worst kind of hypocracy in existence.

GySgt said:
Sham, maybe my views are clouded, because of my experiences. I could say the same for you for your lack of experience.

This has been what has "clouded" me...

1993 (4 months) Somalia (Humanitarian and Combat Missions)
1993 (2 months) Saudi/Kuwait (Training and Security Missions)
1994 (Two weeks) Haiti (Combat/Protection Mission)
1994 (3 months) Cuba (Humanitarian Missions)
1998 (1 month) Puerto Rico/Cuba/Dominican Republic/Haiti
(Humanitarian Missions)
2002 (1 month) Egypt (Traning)
2003 (5 months) Iraq (War)
2004 (8 months) Iraq (Combat/Humanitarion/Security Missions)
I'm not sure I understand? Are you a soldier of fortune or in the US military? I do not recall American troops going to Cuba or the Dominican Republic?

You don't recall these things, because you find no interest in the good things our government does around the globe. You, like your fellow liberalists around the world are only interested when you can find scandals. I see your insistent attempts to drag the U.S. Military and it's members through the mud continues.......despite the fact that you do it under the protection it provides you. It is also still obvious that you still wish to discredit me as you feel that it might help your agenda against your own government. As I've told you before, I do not lie. That is a politicians art.

Operation: Sea Signal (When Castro decided to once again empty his prisons and kick all of them off of his Island, thay all started to flee into surrounding Islands and Florida. Since they were in overwhelming numbers they had nowhere to go and were just floating around the carribean, we set up camps in Guantanomo and fed them and housed them in tents until governments around the carribean could take them in.)

Operation: Full Provider (During the hurricane disasters that ripped through the carribean, which is frequent mission for us, we had to visit the Islands and help rebuild bridges, buildings, housing, and provide security for governments that were temporarily out of commission.....and yes...like the rest of the selfish world that talks down on us, even the mighty Castro excepts our help during these times.)

We, your military, conduct missions all over the world that you would not know about. Not because it is Secret or "soldier of fortunesque", but because it's not worthy enough of the public's attention. That is, of course, until liberals can unearth something to show discredit on American military and government.

salmonistic said:
In my lifetime, and I go back to FDR, no president has been nearly as horrible as Bush. He has lied us in to a stupid war,
Then, of course, you must remember all of the tricks, seductions, and lies used by FDR to ensure that he got elected to a third term as he was struggling mightiy to find a way to get the US into the war. He succeeded, too, didn't he?
toadied to the dingdong religiwacko right, ****ed up our economy, made us the hated nation of the world, surrounded himself with goons.....
Took an economy that was hemmorhaging on the day of his first inauguration, further exacerbated by the slump after 9-11 and brought it back to exceed all expectations. Evidently, you haven't looked at the numbers lately.
And the response from the Democratic party has been to make Howard Dean the spokesman and face of the party. If Dean stays in that post, the Democratic party will lose more seats in congress in '06 and lose the presidency again in '08.
Stop picking on Howard Dean. The Republicans love him, support every move he makes, and hang on his every word.

GO HOWARD!

kellyjaz said:
Well, Iam from iraq, I Dont like him hell no! Just lookin at wat he did to my country...
Let's see. He toppled a tyrannical dictator who, with his two sons and their henchmen were responsible for hundreds of thousands of atrocities and deaths of Iraqis; made it possible for girls and women to become educated; is rebuilding decayed infrastructure instead of palaces; set the stage for the free election of a democratic government, etc., etc. All bad things.

ShamMol said:
Ah, it is all clear now. Thank you oh wise master, but let's just pretend for a sec that probably the majority of the country doesn't want us there because of a myriad of problems...be it their brother was killed or they don't have power or running water or they lost their job, or...you get my point. I don't know if there is polling on this, but if there is, I would tend to bet that it would be on my side that the majority of those Iraqis want us out...I don't know, I'm not a doctor (Family Guy talk #4).

Anyways, the little rant is done. I don't necessarily hate him, but I sure as hell don't like the man and probably hate him more than I like him, so yes.
The only thing that makes sense is your use of the word, "pretend" which sets the stage for the drivel that follows.

It's easy to maybe be too hard on President Bush. He is the current President in our present time. It's useful to recall the burdens and endeavors of the nation's two most successful commanders in chief, Abraham Lincoln and Franklin Roosevelt.

And, no, I'm not suggesting President Bush is another President Lincoln or President Roosevelt. But even if Bush hasn't reached their lofty heights, neither has he experienced their depths of despair. We are losing one or two American fighting men a day on average in Iraq. President Lincoln lost an average of 250 daily for four years. President Roosevelt lost 300 daily for more than 3 1/2 years. If they could overcome such numbing losses to prevail against far more formidable foes than we face now, it's ludicrous to give in to today's fashionable funk of desecrating our nations elected leader.

The Iraq civillian deaths in Iraq are sharing our burden. This is to be expected. After all, it is their country and we fight the same enemy now, who would place them right back into their former existence.

Past the War, there really isn't any reason that people "hate" their President. It's just given liberals an excuse to attack another political party and they welcome, even pray, for the next scandal that will help them in the next election and embarrass us to European haters, while unconsciously lending support to our enemy. The rest of the world and American troops can all go to hell, after all, none of us fit their agenda.

Last edited:
GarzaUK said:
LaMidRighter said:
Have you ever given a slightest consideration that the world is right, not an elected President with all the falliblities of a human being.
I once thought about it and decided that the countries of the world fall into two broad categories; those which support the US and those which do not.

Does it really matter?

Fantasea said:
GarzaUK said:
I once thought about it and decided that the countries of the world fall into two broad categories; those which support the US and those which do not.

Does it really matter?

lol The world is never as black and white as that. Only a Sith deals in absolutes. ;)

It doesn't really matter that the Bush Administration may be wrong?

It doesn't really matter that the Bush Administration may be wrong?
It matters more that he may be right, and that won't be known for several years.

If you hate anything you are wrong.

Yoda is right when he says "I see fear, fear turns to HATE, HATE turns to the darkside" I don't want to be on the darkside.

Hating is wrong and only leads to more hate and nothing good comes out of it. I'm not a huge fan of Bush, sometimes I like him and other times I totally dislike him, but I never hate him.

Squawker said:
Why do you people need to hate anyone? I really wish the US didn't try to help any country or people other than our own. We are never thanked for it, and are even despised. We don't show hatred because you have no gratitude for what our sons and daughters have done to free from you from a brutal dictator, kellyjaz. Saddam would kill you for speaking in such a way about him. I feel sorry for people here who are so filled with hate they cannot see the good things that have come to pass because Saddam is no longer in power. Do you feel better about yourself by degrading our President? I wonder at the purpose of so many threads about hate for our country or our leaders. Perhaps you could enlighten us?
I agree with you totally. Hate is a strong word. Hate is what got us into this war in the first place, which by the way had nothing and I repeat nothing to do with 9/11. No I don't hate Bush, but he is the sorriest president we have ever had.

No I don't hate Bush, but he is the sorriest president we have ever had.
Clinton was at the bottom of the barrel, below Nixon even.

Fantasea.....

Here's the 1940 results:

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Henry A. Wallace Democrat 27,244,160 - 449 EC

Wendell Willkie
Charles McNary Republican 22,305,198 - 82 EC

If FDR should be "blamed" for anything, its keeping us out of the war too long. Had he not listened to an isolationist congress, we would have entered the war in '38 and crushed Hitler. Had we done so, the course of American history would have been much different: No Pearl Harbor, no ovens, no WW2 memorial; to name a few.....And the name Adolph Hitler would have been long forgotten.

More to your point, FDR was easily reelected in '40....Were you alive then? If not, did you go to a school that taught history?

Last edited:
salmonistic said:
Fantasea.....

Here's the 1940 results:

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Henry A. Wallace Democrat 27,244,160 - 449 EC

Wendell Willkie
Charles McNary Republican 22,305,198 - 82 EC

If FDR should be "blamed" for anything, its keeping us out of the war too long. Had he not listened to an isolationist congress, we would have entered the war in '38 and crushed Hitler. Had we done so, the course of American history would have been much different: No Pearl Harbor, no ovens, no WW2 memorial; to name a few.....And the name Adolph Hitler would have been long forgotten.

More to your point, FDR was easily reelected in '40....Were you alive then? If not, did you go to a school that taught history?
I personally was not alive then, however I had extremely valuable lessons in politics and history and fully agree with you on this one, we simply waited too long and it cost way too many lives.

vauge said:
No, I even respect him.
He has compassion - ever tried it?

I'm with you Vague. I truly believe he is a good and decent man, I'd love to have him for dinner. I'm guessing he'd kick back, toss his boots on the floor, be a great guest and a good time would be had by all.

One of the things I appreciate about Pres. Bush is the fact that when he's willing to take a stance. Pres. Clinton simply played to the polls - and never really took a stance on or stood for anything.

Don't hate Bush, but I don't like him either.

He's for the corporations and elite in society and selling our nations wealth/workforce to China.

Soviet_Guy said:
Not many lives for America. :naughty
And even less for Canada, what's your point.

Hahaha, you burned yourself on that one my friend, Canada lost 1 million, hahaha, check your WWII casualty rate again buddy. :naughty

LaMidRighter said:
The Iraqis had a great idea for the vote, the ink on the finger to prove they recieved their one vote, I personally believe that we should do that here in the states as well. Also, I was watching the financial news a few months back and saw that the Iraq stock market jumped up 600 points the first day of trading, not bad at all, I really believe they are a people who will do fine if we just give them a good head start.

The Iraqi stock market quadrupled its finances since Saddams ousting. They are not even fully operational yet.
I heard it on NPR market place.
I did note the commentator could not resist some snide comments about the US goverment though. heh.
Love those "reporters".

Back
Top Bottom