• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who do you call?

All theist were atheists beforehand

Everyone is born an atheist. Most atheists become theists through no action of their own, they have it forced on them before they reach the age of reason. If you couldn't push religion on a child until they were adults, there would be very few religious people left.

You're not "getting your answers from the conscious universe" , you're getting them from yourself. Plain and simple.

Its neuroscience:

Creating God in one's own image - Not Exactly Rocket Science

"For many religious people, the popular question “What would Jesus do?” is essentially the same as “What would I do?” That’s the message from an intriguing and controversial new study by Nicholas Epley from the University of Chicago. Through a combination of surveys, psychological manipulation and brain-scanning, he has found that when religious Americans try to infer the will of God, they mainly draw on their own personal beliefs."

"Their opinions on God’s attitudes on important social issues closely mirror their own beliefs. If their own attitudes change, so do their perceptions of what God thinks. They even use the same parts of their brain when considering God’s will and their own opinions."

"Epley thinks this is why we end up inferring a deity’s attitudes based on those we hold ourselves."

Last edited:
I mentioned in another thread that whenever I have problems I can't solve, I ask the Conscious Universe and it gives me the answers. Of course, the atheists here told me what I experienced didn't happen. It's fantasy, or illusion, or delusion, or wishful thinking, hallucinations, etc. My experiences couldn't be real, because that would mean atheism isn't true. And they "know" that atheism is true.

So I wonder who the atheists here call on if they need help. If they think all gods, guiding spirits, higher selves, etc., are imaginary.

What happens when your conscious ego runs out of ideas? Is there always some kind of human expert you can count on to solve all your problems? Do the answers just come to you out of nowhere?

Who do you call? Batman?

Main problem with this: If the problem can't be solved but then it is solved it means that it could be solved and you eventually solved it. But you choose to credit something other than yourself.

I mentioned in another thread that whenever I have problems I can't solve, I ask the Conscious Universe and it gives me the answers. Of course, the atheists here told me what I experienced didn't happen. It's fantasy, or illusion, or delusion, or wishful thinking, hallucinations, etc. My experiences couldn't be real, because that would mean atheism isn't true. And they "know" that atheism is true.

So I wonder who the atheists here call on if they need help. If they think all gods, guiding spirits, higher selves, etc., are imaginary.

What happens when your conscious ego runs out of ideas? Is there always some kind of human expert you can count on to solve all your problems? Do the answers just come to you out of nowhere?

Who do you call? Batman?

ghostbusters obviously

your experience could be real hold on let me ask the universe

hey universe is good4Nothing getting answers from you

..................................................................................

universe hello?

......................................................................................

its not backing up your story

There are a lot of ways to handle that.

I meditate, go for a walk or drive somewhere I've never been and a lot of other weirder things that work for me. If you do work or hobbies that require creativity you find all sorts of ways. Basically you want to trick yourself out of a rut. Sounds like you have a method.

I meditate and go for a walk and do my hobbies. But I also ask check my connection with my higher self, and try to get that operating correctly.

Notice I am carefully avoiding words like "prayer" or "god," because those words are always misinterpreted here.

If you are not conscious of the problems then how do you know that they are there?

You need to take a reading comprehension course.

What part of pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps doesn't involve the conscious ego?

OM

The conscious ego is the tip of an infinite iceberg.

You're not "getting your answers from the conscious universe" , you're getting them from yourself. Plain and simple.

And you know this because you believe it, and you believe it because you know it.

That sure would be helpful wouldn't it?

I think the OP is far more interested in trying to figure out a way to belittle and deride non-believers.
It's not working very well is it?

I wasn't thinking about deriding anyone. What would be the point of that?

I was curious about how it feels living in a universe that doesn't care about you because it is dead and mindless.

I know how I felt when I was an atheist, when I was young. I wondered how other atheists feel.

My life is very different now, but maybe it's for other reasons. Maybe as you get older you learn ways of dealing with yourself, and having spiritual faith or not doesn't make a difference.

This is something I have wondered about, but didn't find answers searching online, so I asked it here.

I have not seen any answers to my question so far, just angry defensive atheist remarks.

Pretty much. You can never do anything good, you can only do evil and you're a terrible person regardless. The religious have some serious mental health problems.

That attitude of 'you can never do good, you can only do evil' is mainly a subset of Christianity. It does go along with 'You must believe to be saved'... but not all Christianity is like that.

That attitude of 'you can never do good, you can only do evil' is mainly a subset of Christianity. It does go along with 'You must believe to be saved'... but not all Christianity is like that.

That's another bald-faced lie. Christ / Christianity teaches that you can, and should, do good. Read the Sermon on the Mount FOR STARTERS.

And one of these days read the rest of the New Testament so hopefully you will stop lying about it.

It explains pretty much everything, something the religious absolutely hate.

The author said that there is no good evidence either way, for or against religion. The author says he is skeptical about religion just because he is, not because of any neuroscience studies.

The author said that there is no good evidence either way, for or against religion. The author says he is skeptical about religion just because he is, not because of any neuroscience studies.

Rational people believe things only if there is significant evidence to support it being so. There is none of that for religion, none at all. Therefore, rational people should not believe it.

That's another bald-faced lie. Christ / Christianity teaches that you can, and should, do good. Read the Sermon on the Mount FOR STARTERS.

And one of these days read the rest of the New Testament so hopefully you will stop lying about it.

The Calvinists seem to disagree.

That's what you got from reading that article? When it very plainly said neuroscience has not explained religious experiences. You still got the conclusion you wanted, regardless of what the article says.

Fascinating. That's what you got from reading that article?

You ignored 99% of the article, and came to a conclusion that it "very plainly said neuroscience has not explained religious experiences"? (which it didn't say at all)

You got the conclusion you wanted to see, regardless of what the article says.

Last edited:

Who do you call? Batman?

MindShifts-edM-Graphic-4.jpg

Wow. You must have had your 'God Helmet' on with the visor pulled down.

The Bible is the standard, Ramoss.

Well, there seem to be many variations actually. The eastern orthdox, the catholics, the orthodox ethiopian all have different bibles, and then there are the different transltaions, and also what they pick and choose out of it.

Who do you call? Batman?

Ghost Busters! I couldn't help my self.

Back
Top Bottom