• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whitmer: Maybe it was a problem, maybe it wasn't

Checkerboard Strangler

Make Video Horizontal Again
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
“People are entitled to say maybe it was a problem, maybe it wasn’t.”
---President Donald Trump, speaking about recent attempts to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer

So this is what we can expect from a future term with President Trump, tacit approval of raids to kidnap duly elected governors and other officials?
How long before domestic terrorist groups decide to kidnap police chiefs, city council, public health officials, news media, banking, small business owners, even ordinary civilians?
And with the additional approval of so called "Constitutional Sheriffs" who refuse to do anything about it, we are witnessing a transition to an unprecedented era of lawlessness which render the rule of law itself null and void.

---President Donald Trump, speaking about recent attempts to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer

So this is what we can expect from a future term with President Trump, tacit approval of raids to kidnap duly elected governors and other officials?
How long before domestic terrorist groups decide to kidnap police chiefs, city council, public health officials, news media, banking, small business owners, even ordinary civilians?
And with the additional approval of so called "Constitutional Sheriffs" who refuse to do anything about it, we are witnessing a transition to an unprecedented era of lawlessness which render the rule of law itself null and void.

What do you think trump's talking up the White supremacy groups has been all about. Between them and the police who wish to kill unarmed blacks with impunity this country is in real trouble and it will only get worse if Trump is allowed another term. I do not believe that most people know we are on the edge and Trump is there to push us off. And the real probelm right now is the GOP controlled SCOTUS will assist Trump in pushing us over the edge.

I think he actually believes that if he is arrested, that his Proud Boys will spring him.
I mean, think about it, the guy clearly doesn't have all his marbles.

Another variation of "good people on both sides" ...

Typical trump taking both angles as usual.

Yeah, when I see how factionalized this nation has become, with right wing terror cells working to thwart democracy and justice, when I see tent cities springing up on roadsides, when political and religious zealots occupy the highest offices, I feel our slide in to third world status is well under way. Trump, however, has only tapped into a smoldering bigotry and elitism that has existed for decades.

Trump's followers are conveniently ignorant of what his ideology has created elsewhere, in history. There was another "fatherland" where a leader promised to make it great again. He did so with war, racism and the protection of a perfect God who was also angry at the Jewish, the gypsies, the blacks, the liberals and the intellectuals. It didn't end well for any of them.

Back
Top Bottom