• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White nationalism

The confusion and rage comes from slavery as indicated in the 1619 project. If we want to find distinctions in cultures, we just have to look at world history. Europe s were invaders and conquerors. Other cultures like Asian and African cultures respected other cultures and were content with their own environments. Asians invented gun power. Africans invented medicine.

Slavery instilled a feeling of superiority over black people which has never gone away. This feeling of superiority spilled over to Asians and people of other races and religions. Nationalism give uneducated white Americans a feeling of superiority over other countries. But if you have not traveled abroad, then you will not realize than technologically and educationally, we are inferior to many nations. Many other nations in this world have a superior education system, transportation system and a better healthcare system than we have. Yes we were once the greatest nation on earth, but not so much now.

Many white people in this country have lost their good paying factory jobs, now they find themselves in the same situation the poor inner city blacks are in. Now they are angry. Poverty fuels anger. So who does the white jobless man blame. They blame the “other”. Blacks, hispanics, Jews, and Muslims.

The 1619 project was the NYT's attempt to save their own ass when the Russian collusion story evaporated before their eyes. I see so many uneducated people my age on Facebook or Twitter talking about 1619. None of them sound like they've read a book. I'm not lumping you in with them, just saying that the editorial board at the NYT were recorded discussing how they were going to race bait in order to save the paper after Russia-gate died.

Lately I don't hear Democrats saying anything respectful about this country. They don't feel they can love a country that practiced slavery. Never mind that it's also the country that ended slavery, and gave rights to women. Never mind that slavery was everywhere, including white slavery.

The history books have been re-written to push the progressive narrative. Which hates Western culture. And that's why we got Trump.

We have trump because the electoral college gave him to us. More people voted for clinton.

Your narrative is bs. Not only that people who think like you are a shrinking minority. We recognize the sins of our past, the right gives them lip service and changes nothing. Yeah, it's time for some progress.

1. The term "White nationalism" means many things to different people.

2. I do not like the term, for it has taken on negative connotations.

3. But since we are stuck with it, I personally define it like this:

All human beings are lovely people who deserve to be treated with respect. They all have good and bad qualities. But when push comes to shove, it is just preferable to live in a Caucasian-majority nation.

The 1619 project was the NYT's attempt to save their own ass when the Russian collusion story evaporated before their eyes. I see so many uneducated people my age on Facebook or Twitter talking about 1619. None of them sound like they've read a book. I'm not lumping you in with them, just saying that the editorial board at the NYT were recorded discussing how they were going to race bait in order to save the paper after Russia-gate died.

Oh wow! relating the 1619 project to the Russian collusion story How Qanon of you. I read. I read the 1619 project I am sure you did not. You are to busy reading Brietbart

True.

However, the OP states, "Breitbart, Steve Bannon, Stephen Miller -- they all are advocates for European/American culture. They believe it is a superior culture, because it has been the most advanced in terms of technology and wealth.

Most of the famous inventors and explorers of our culture have been Europeans or Americans (not as much currently, but going back a ways). And of course Europeans are called the "white" race, because they are lighter than most others.

So because of their love of Western culture, and their desire to defend it against attacks and political correctness, they can be accused of being racists."

So focusing on the topic makes the conversation not so simplistic ss, they did it to.

As i stated earlier, when specifically celebrating a culture for its accomplishments, you can't ignore the sins.

The problem i have is when the celebration becomes blind to the realities of history. Heck, the OP basically says, if you can't blindly celebrate the US accomplishments, you are just being "politically correct".

I find that argument lazy and disingenuous.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was explaining what THEY think, NOT what I think. I am not a big fan of Western culture and to me its faults are very obvious. I think traditional cultures were superior in many ways.

There is a DIFFERENCE between my saying what I think, and trying to explain someone ELSE's ideas. Jeez.

We have trump because the electoral college gave him to us. More people voted for clinton.

Your narrative is bs. Not only that people who think like you are a shrinking minority. We recognize the sins of our past, the right gives them lip service and changes nothing. Yeah, it's time for some progress.

Who thinks like me? I would like to meet them.

Breitbart and Miller are Jews, and I think they recognize that their people are better protected by a white European society than they would be in a minority-majority one. I don't see a problem with that. Bannon isn't much of a white nationalist either..i think the problem here is that we're conflating white conservatives with white nationalists, when the two are actually bitter enemies. White nationalists believe that the Trump presidency is a total failure, and he's been co-opted by his donors to abandon everything he stood for in his campaign of 2015-2016.

You can certainly find fault in America's history, but those who do choose to hyper focus on America's shortcomings do so without context, without acknowledging that while America's failures aren't unique, our prosperity and opportunity certainly are. For example, you can be enslaved or
killed in northern Africa for the color of your skin, but you cannot rise above the socioeconomic position that you were born into. That is, unless you migrate away from northern Africa and settle in Europe or the United States.

People who complain about how bad or unfair the US is, usually end up sounding uneducated or inexperienced. In order to say that the US is unfair, you must provide an example of a society that isn't unfair. The left wing simply never does that. They're solely focused on berating Americans and trashing our history, and that is their only viable way of attaining power; by spreading discontent.

So much manure and not a cow in sight.
No, white nationalists do not see Trump as a total failure. I don’t know where you get this stuff. Another name for white nationalists in the US is white supremacists, and both consider their race to be naturally superior to other races. And no, they have not abandoned Trump. He remains, to them, a symbol of renewed right identity.

And you also say that: The left wing simply never does that. They're solely focused on berating Americans and trashing our history, and that is their only viable way of attaining power; by spreading discontent.
All that trash talk shows is that you have been watching Hannity and Carlson and Ingraham too much. It is just the typical right-wing slur, not an actual fact.

None of that is unique to the US or countries with a European/Caucasian majority. What is unique is that the US and Europe abandoned those practices, while the rest of the world hasn't. See the slave trade in Libya, or the ethnic murders in south Africa for reference. Or China's mistreatment of the Uighar population. None of what you mentioned is unique to white male European settlers.

Yep.......

But we should just understand the word "nationalism" without thinking about Nazis and fascists. Every nation is and has always been nationalistic. Because plain old common sense says you have to put your own country first. Just like you take care of your own family before you take care of other families.

Trump ran on the idea of not hating this country, since liberals now days are on an America-bashing craze.

There is nothing wrong with having pride in where you come from. Nothing.

There is a lot wrong with wanting all the best things in your nation for only people who look like you. A lot.

That you refuse to recognize that there are many people who are of the latter bent who are either followed and admired by our current President or outright had some semblance of authority in his administration at one time or another is probably the biggest problem with your attempt to normalize the acceptance of racists that has occurred in the last 4 years.

Breitbart, Bannon and Miller don't just have an appreciation for European culture....they openly think whites are better than others. Full stop.

Stop being thier mouthpiece or don't be surprised if someone calls you a racist for normalizing the acts of racists.

America is on an anti republican type of governing craze. We want to see america live up to her ideals, the right wants a police state.

If the left didn't leave a trail of violence in it's wake we would need far fewer cops. I'm fine with leftist cities drastically reducing their police force. They just need more money for morgues.

If the left didn't leave a trail of violence in it's wake we would need far fewer cops. I'm fine with leftist cities drastically reducing their police force. They just need more money for morgues.

I almost feel sorry for you, almost.

I almost feel sorry for you, almost.

Do you think big cities like Chicago , Baltimore and many others will be just fine if the police withdraw? Their body counts and crime are on the rise. You think the gang bangers will stop if the police are withdrawn?

There is nothing wrong with having pride in where you come from. Nothing.

There is a lot wrong with wanting all the best things in your nation for only people who look like you. A lot.

That you refuse to recognize that there are many people who are of the latter bent who are either followed and admired by our current President or outright had some semblance of authority in his administration at one time or another is probably the biggest problem with your attempt to normalize the acceptance of racists that has occurred in the last 4 years.

Breitbart, Bannon and Miller don't just have an appreciation for European culture....they openly think whites are better than others. Full stop.

Stop being thier mouthpiece or don't be surprised if someone calls you a racist for normalizing the acts of racists.
Define “many” people. I have rarely met any.

That THAT was your only response to my post makes me feel like I should just go ahead and accept your concession.

Concession to what? That there exists racists, well duh.

Do you think big cities like Chicago , Baltimore and many others will be just fine if the police withdraw? Their body counts and crime are on the rise. You think the gang bangers will stop if the police are withdrawn?

You're barking up the wrong tree. I was born and raised in one of those big northeastern cities and I'm pretty sure there isn't much you can tell me about a big city that I don't know from personal experience. Do you/have you lived in a big city?

The word "nationalism" might be at the center of the current divisiveness, since it means very different things to different groups.

To most Trump supporters, it probably means the opposite of globalism. Caring about America and its interests first.

To most Democrats, it probably means something like fascism, or white supremacy. That's why they think of Trump as a fascist/Nazi.

But which is the real meaning of the word "nationalism?"

The "left" has been influenced by Marxism, and Marx thought nations (and religions) were the cause of wars and should be abolished. The idea is that the whole world should, and could, get along. So that could be one reason Democrats, who have been very influenced by the "left" recently, don't like nationalism.

Another reason Democrats (in general, today) don't like nationalism is, of course, that they don't like anything that Trump and his supporters like.

But another big reason is that nationalism does sometimes shade into white nationalism, and white supremacy. Which, of course, Democrats (and most rational Republicans) despise.

Breitbart, Steve Bannon, Stephen Miller -- they all are advocates for European/American culture. They believe it is a superior culture, because it has been the most advanced in terms of technology and wealth.

Most of the famous inventors and explorers of our culture have been Europeans or Americans (not as much currently, but going back a ways). And of course Europeans are called the "white" race, because they are lighter than most others.

So because of their love of Western culture, and their desire to defend it against attacks and political correctness, they can be accused of being racists.

It should be possible for someone to say the great modern achievements in science, technology, the arts, etc., have been thanks to Western culture without their being an actual racist. I mean, it is a fact so pretending it isn't true would not be possible.

But is it because the white race is somehow superior? In my opinion no, it is not superior. But some people might look at the differences in achievement between Western countries and for example African countries and say it proves racial superiority.

First of all, remember that Western culture is only superior in certain things, and is probably much worse than other cultures in some other things. Also, we are all the same species and scientists don't necessarily think there are racial divisions.

There is, however, epigenetics, which is not yet well understood. But we know that cultural traits can be inherited. So, for example, if a culture values literacy maybe reading and writing skills will be passed down, resulting in higher average IQ scores for that culture.

It is possible that some ethnic groups (sometimes called "races") have advantages in math and verbal skills. But even if that is true, it is not carved in DNA. Epigenetics can be changed by what you do in your life, and then passed down to your kids.

American blacks probably came from non-literate African cultures, and as slaves they were not taught to read and write. So they might have some epigenetic disadvantage in our culture where math and verbal skills are important.

Notice that blacks, in general, have no disadvantage in music or athletics.

Epigenetic limitations can be overcome by learning and practice. We should never give up on something we want to do because we don't have "natural talent" for it. Talent is acquired by individuals, as well as inherited. If you didn't inherit a certain talent you just have to work harder and longer at it.

This is just an attempt to make sense of some of the current confusion and rage.

You seem oblivious to the fact that "western culture" includes people of many races and accomplishments. The statement that "western culture" is white is an example of racism, IMO.

You're barking up the wrong tree. I was born and raised in one of those big northeastern cities and I'm pretty sure there isn't much you can tell me about a big city that I don't know from personal experience. Do you/have you lived in a big city?

Minneapolis, many years ago. It was a nice place. So do you think the big cities will be just fine with far less police presence? Will the gangbangers stop their criminal activity?

Minneapolis, many years ago. It was a nice place. So do you think the big cities will be just fine with far less police presence? Will the gangbangers stop their criminal activity?

Have they stopped with the police presence? That's like asking will trump stop his criminal activity.

Point proven again. Diminish the scourge of slavery in the US by comparing it to other instances.
I have yet to actually come across a right-winger who can simply say “black slavery that was practiced in the Old South was absolutely terrible and a stain on the nation” and leave it at that. Why not?

You continue to prove my point. As a right-winger, you are simply unable to say that slavery in the US was horrible without then adding a BUT!
Blacks are not stupid. They know what you Republicans think. That’s why they vote for Democrats.

Do you really believe that it was only the Old South that held slaves? Who do you think built the White House, twas those slaves from the Old North.

Yes, slavery in the US was horrible however, at the time of the Civil War, all slaveholders in the south were Democrats, and the Democratic Party was the party of Jim Crow.
You want to lay it all on Republicans while forgetting it was a Republican president that went to war to put an end to that practice.

Here is where you charge the I, as a right-winger, simply can't leave it without adding something. That's because you force one to, it is not as cut and dry as you want to make it and the amount of information you choose to omit is oceanic in size.

Do you really believe that it was only the Old South that held slaves? Who do you think built the White House, twas those slaves from the Old North.

Yes, slavery in the US was horrible however, at the time of the Civil War, all slaveholders in the south were Democrats, and the Democratic Party was the party of Jim Crow.
You want to lay it all on Republicans while forgetting it was a Republican president that went to war to put an end to that practice.

Here is where you charge the I, as a right-winger, simply can't leave it without adding something. That's because you force one to, it is not as cut and dry as you want to make it and the amount of information you choose to omit is oceanic in size.

Conservatives did all those things. Sure, they called themselves Democrats, but they were conservative in ideology.

Why do you guys always forget to add that part in when you try to pass the above off as some sort of fact?

That much is cut and dry.

Have they stopped with the police presence? That's like asking will trump stop his criminal activity.

So you were unable to answer a simple question.

Conservatives did all those things. Sure, they called themselves Democrats, but they were conservative in ideology.

Why do you guys always forget to add that part in when you try to pass the above off as some sort of fact?

That much is cut and dry.

Really reaching there, so, Conservative North went to war to end the Conservative Souths slavery, got it.

Back
Top Bottom