• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House science office says Trump ended COVID pandemic as US hits record cases

Hey youre the one who says trust the experts, now its trust only the experts you like? LOL how hypocritical.
Does the CDC agree with the "science office"? If not, why not? Since you seem to believe the science office it that because as you say it is "only the experts you like"?

Your comment about "experts you like" reminds me of those who support AE911T. They say all the time that their experts say the official reports on 9/11 are wrong. Their "experts" say so.:ROFLMAO:

Not a liberal of left person. I just happen to disagree with you. The Trump Administration has not defeated CV19 or has ended the pandemic in the US.

So don't follow expert advice. Go out, don't wear a mask, party on and get infected. Nobody cares. Now, explain where you think I'm being hypocritical. See, there are experts who Trump doesn't like because they tell the truth and aren't going to be intimidated into lying for political gain-and then there are toadies like Atlas who will do whatever Master tells him.
He hasn't been given a sock.

If you believe Trump, yes! I'm astounded by just how deliberately stupid Trump supporters appear to be. The evidence of his utter failure is all around them, not one state (except Hawaii, thousands of miles away in the middle of an ocean), is seeing a drop in cases, and in many they are surging and in big trouble. What is wrong with those people?
Delusion. It is unclear if it is drug-induced, severe mental illness, or just cult-like fanatacism, but it is exceptional and likely incurable.

Nope, it's The Hill, not The Onion.

Because I live in England and whatever Trump wants me to do is irrelevant here? Dunno, just hazarding a guess...
You livein England, yet you keep butitng into American politics ever chance you get? Hmmm, hypocrisy.

You livein England, yet you keep butitng into American politics ever chance you get? Hmmm, hypocrisy.
See, when what happens in America affects me, personally, I'm going to be commenting on it. For example your 2007 Wall Street meltdown which rippled around the world. The wars you start that our treaty drags our soldiers into, the idiotic trade tariffs imposed on the EU, costing us billions. Don't like it? Tough.

I dont care what Trump says, Im calling out your hypocrisy of demanding we always follow experts.

No, you're jumping in and defending your master, I think we should know. Do you think that he eradicated the virus, and if not, where are you calling out HIS lies?

Appeal to authority fallacy. Once again, you made the claim to follow all the experts, and that is what Trump is doing. Now youre singing a different tune.

Read up: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrisy
The fallacy is on you. We are not making the claim to "follow all the experts". That is some strawman you are starting. What is being said is to follow the experts, those that are known to us, who can show their work, their research on this. What that research shows is increasing Covid numbers, not decreasing. So no, the White House Science people are either a) not experts or b) politically puckered to Trump's ass.

The fallacy is on you. We are not making the claim to "follow all the experts". That is some strawman you are starting. What is being said is to follow the experts, those that are known to us, who can show their work, their research on this. What that research shows is increasing Covid numbers, not decreasing. So no, the White House Science people are either a) not experts or b) politically puckered to Trump's ass.
My only correction would be that it is far more in depth than puckering. They are the remoras of the human species.

See, when what happens in America affects me, personally, I'm going to be commenting on it. For example your 2007 Wall Street meltdown which rippled around the world. The wars you start that our treaty drags our soldiers into, the idiotic trade tariffs imposed on the EU, costing us billions. Don't like it? Tough.
I could care less what you believe, but if I spot hypocrisy then I'll mention it.

No, you're jumping in and defending your master, I think we should know. Do you think that he eradicated the virus, and if not, where are you calling out HIS lies?
How's the weather in Russia, comrade?

Yes you do. Whenever Trump says something you dont like, you and the other libruls accuse him of not following the experts.

I could care less what you believe, but if I spot hypocrisy then I'll mention it.

Yes you do. Whenever Trump says something you dont like, you and the other libruls accuse him of not following the experts.
He doesn't just get to claim random people are experts and expect everyone to believe him. That is not what is meant by "following the experts" and you and him know it. We all know that these White House scientists are not experts, not the ones he is following, and they have little to no evidence to support their claims. That is what separates them from actual, real experts. Being able to support their claims with data and research not just more claims that are easily debunked.

if I were there, I'd be on your side. Simple question, is Trump thing the truth about eradicating the virus?

He's using the broken clock is right twice a day theory. We will be turning the corner one of these days.
And last night he said at his rally a cure is imminent. It is beyond words.

So you never comment on anything in any other country, especially one that impacts ours in major ways? Really???

And last night he said at his rally a cure is imminent. It is beyond words.
The crowd packed together without masks and not SD better hope he is not Lying Again. But then again, it won't matter to him what happens to them, they will have voted and that is all he needs them for.

Trump's science office listing "ending the pandemic" as one of Trump's major accomplishments is like the Republican Party listing replacing Obamacare with a better, less expensive plan as one of their major accomplishments.

I wonder what the Trump "science office" looks like--Eric, Donny Jr. and Jared wearing white lab coats and Bill Nye masks?

I noted some posts above referring to 'trust the experts'. It is important to distinguish between experts and imposters.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

if I were there, I'd be on your side. Simple question, is Trump thing the truth about eradicating the virus?
I dont know, why dont you ask him?

I've never seen a more corrupt presidential administration in my lifetime.

I'm curious how the WH Science Office came to their conclusion given the following:

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 8.34.58 AM.png

I'm curious as to how one determines a pandemic being over when there are more cases now than the spring/summer surge; hospitalizations are also climbing. Thus far we haven't seen the death rate spike really high; a trend I hope continues. Over the past few days, we have seen deaths in the ~1k per day though, which isn't good either.

The White House science office listed "ending the COVID-19 pandemic" as the top accomplishment of President Trump's first term, even as the U.S. has set records for new daily infections and numerous hospitals across the country are stretched to their breaking points.

According to a press release intending to highlight the administration's science accomplishments, the Trump administration said it "has taken decisive actions to engage scientists and health professionals in academia, industry, and government to understand, treat, and defeat the disease."

The rosy outlook flies in the face of reality, and underscores the efforts of Trump to continuously try to downplay the severity of the pandemic that continues to rage nearly uncontrolled across the country.
====================================================================
Trump continues to dish out total BS. He has accomplished nothing of any real significance.
4 legs good.... 2 legs baaaad

Back
Top Bottom