• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which name would you like to see as the next Chancellor of Germany?

• Laschet - CDU

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Scholz - SPD

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Baerbock - Greens

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Söder - CSU (Bavaria)

• Habeck - Greens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lindner - FDP

• Wagenknecht - Leftist

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Merkel once again - CDU

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • others

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Only the first 3 have a real chance.
But I added some more names.
One never knows, does one?

May I introduce Sahra Wagenknecht:

In response to the 2015 Cologne Sexual Attacks, Wagenknecht stated "Whoever abuses his right to hospitality has forfeited his right to hospitality". This statement was almost unanimously criticized in her party and parliamentary group colleagues, but did receive praised from some in the AfD.[16]

On 28 May 2016, an activist from the anti-fascist group Torten für Menschenfeinde ("Cakes for Enemies of Humanity") pushed a chocolate cake in Wagenknecht's face at a Left Party meeting in Magdeburg in response to Wagenknecht's calls for limits on the number of refugees. Wagenknecht has criticised Angela Merkel's refugee policies, arguing that her government has not provided the levels of financial and infrastructural support required to avoid increasing pressure on local authorities and the labour market, thereby exacerbating tensions in society.[9] She has also claimed that Merkel's policies were partly to blame for the 2016 Berlin truck attack.[17]

Partly in response to these experiences, in 2021, she published the book "Die Selbstgerechten" ("The Self-Righteous") in which she criticises so-called "left-liberals" ("Linksliberale") for being neither left nor liberal but rather supporting the ruling classes' and, to some extent, their own interests. The book features, among several other topics, a discussion on immigration’s negative impacts on the domestic working class. It reached number one in the German non-fiction bestseller-list as published by Der Spiegel.

And:

Sahra Wagenknecht (German pronunciation: [ˌzaːʁaː ˈvaːɡn̩ˌknɛçt]; born 16 July 1969) is a German left-wing politician, economist, author and publicist. Along with Dietmar Bartsch, she was the parliamentary chairperson of Die Linke from 2010 to 2019. Since 2009, she has been a member of the Bundestag.

I'm not all that familiar with any of them outside of Merkel and I'm not so sure that continuing her policies under Laschet would be as welcome as simply reelecting Merkel. The SPD isn't a party I agree with in any respect. I probably align most closely, economically, with the FDP but they simply have no chance at pulling off an election win.

I probably align most closely, economically, with the FDP but they simply have no chance at pulling off an election win.
Miracles may always happen ....

This poll is anonymous, of course :)

2 out of 3 now say:

Baerbock - Greens​

That is surprising. Is her name so well known in the US already? :)

2 out of 3 now say:

Baerbock - Greens​

That is surprising. Is her name so well known in the US already? :)
I'm going to hazard a guess that votes cast in this poll for any candidate are based more on the party than the candidate. Other than Merkel the other names are not widely known in the US.

Here you can see and hear Annalena :)

I'm going to hazard a guess that votes cast in this poll for any candidate are based more on the party than the candidate. Other than Merkel the other names are not widely known in the US.
I suppose so.

But maybe Baerbock has made it in the news because of her affair with the "N-word". :cool:

Best of Lindner - FDP - Free Domocrats

My Motto is ....

ABB = Anything but Baerbock :)

Sahra Wagenknecht! (y)

I'm going to hazard a guess that votes cast in this poll for any candidate are based more on the party than the candidate.
That may partly be so.
But not in the case of Sahra Wagenknecht.
She is widely popular outside her own party, whereas she gets often attacked by her leftist party.

She shares that fate with Boris Palmer of the Green Party.

@ Boris Palmer

What Wagenkncht for the Left, is Palmer for the Greens - a kind of party rebel.

Palmer was born in Waiblingen, Baden-Württemberg. His father, Helmut, dubbed Remstalrebell ("Rems-valley rebel") was a very well known and controversial figure and perennial candidate.[1] In a Deutsche Welle interview for the program Talking Germany with Peter Craven, Palmer described his father as a rebel who became a political activist in the 1950s, when "all the old fascists, all the old Nazis were back" in power, and said that his grandfather was a Jew who had to flee to the United States in 1938.[2] The former state minister and CDU member Christoph Palmer is a second nephew of Helmut and a second cousin of Boris Palmer.[1]

Palmer graduated from high school (Abitur) at the Steiner School in Winterbach-Engelberg in 1992. From 1993, Palmer studied history and mathematics at the University of Tübingen and in Sydney. In 1996, he joined the Green Party.

Anyone that will prohibit German citizens from cluttering up an international debate forum with irrelevant polls that do not interest its predominantly US membership.

The Green Party has now been excluded from the voting list in the Saarland.
Which is completely their own fault.

Anyone that will prohibit German citizens from cluttering up an international debate forum with irrelevant polls that do not interest its predominantly US membership.

Heresy !

German-speaking posters posting a few polls in a US-forum !

Bring the firing squad !

Chancellor Squirrelhead is looking for work, so maybe him. He could bring back those flashy German armbands.

Back
Top Bottom