• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Which is the cause of job gains in developed countries?

What is the greatest cause of job gains in developed countries?

• Total voters

TOJ

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Just for another point of view.

Trade is only possible with technology (means of production, transportation, etc...) and technology thrives on trade. Given your options I would vote technology, however I think the root cause of both of these is man's ego.

I agree with Lachean. You can't separate the two. It's no coincidence that the trend toward a global economy has occurred simultaneously with the trend toward global technologies (cell phones, the internet, GPS, etc).

Last edited:
Just for another point of view.

Containerization which started in the 1950's and 1960's I think. This new technology reduced shipment cost and transit times.

Technology and trade help, but they are not the causes of the biggest gains in jobs.

The most importand thing to create and maintain a prosperous nation is INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY -- to be free from government interference and excessive taxation. This is the engine that made the USA the greatest nation on Earth -- that is until government grew so big and abusive it caused the economy to implode.

entreprenuership

Back
Top Bottom