• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which generic statement do you believe more? [Vote first, then read below]

Which Statement are you more likely to believe?

• Total voters

PoliSciPulse

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I looked up a recent YouGov poll as I was researching Joe Biden's (potentially) final State of the Union address When I looked up freedoms, I noticed something very interesting: More Democratic leaners (something like 70-80% depending on the rights in question) were likely to believe that Joe Biden would strengthen or preserve their rights than to believe that Donald Trump (50%-60% depending on the rights in question) would take their rights away. This got me thinking: Is this a universal effect? So, this poll is going to test this. I want to see if this forum has a definitive leaning towards one wording or another.

I choose candidate C!

qqqq.jpg

🍿... I am going to need mountains worth of popcorn for a thread like this. (Pull up a chair and join!)

I am generally more likely to believe that a politician will attempt to limit my freedoms than to protect them. Politicians' bread and butter is promising to pass new laws so that they can campaign on the promised results. New laws are far more likely to limit my freedoms than to grant me more freedoms.

I am generally more likely to believe that a politician will attempt to limit my freedoms than to protect them. Politicians' bread and butter is promising to pass new laws so that they can campaign on the promised results. New laws are far more likely to limit my freedoms than to grant me more freedoms.
Which is also why "hot button" issues are never solved, they don't want to solve them.
The last abortion SCOTUS passed is a shining example of that.
Democrats (voters) blame the SCOTUS, say it is because of conservative judges.
Not true. The SCOTUS can't write legislature. Ruth Ginsberg warned YEARS ago that if someone brought the abortion case back to the SCOTUS it would likely get overturned because congress did not codify it into law. They had 25 years to get it coded, even when the Democrats has a super majority - they never coded it into law.
And they still won't if they get the majority again! They have no intention of doing it because they use the abortion issue over and over to seal votes.

I looked up a recent YouGov poll as I was researching Joe Biden's (potentially) final State of the Union address When I looked up freedoms, I noticed something very interesting: More Democratic leaners (something like 70-80% depending on the rights in question) were likely to believe that Joe Biden would strengthen or preserve their rights than to believe that Donald Trump (50%-60% depending on the rights in question) would take their rights away. This got me thinking: Is this a universal effect? So, this poll is going to test this. I want to see if this forum has a definitive leaning towards one wording or another.
The liberal media follows Joseph Goebbels #1 dictum: "if you tell a big lie often enough the people will accept it as truth.
Yet another NAZI maxim the Democratic Party has embraced.

Which is also why "hot button" issues are never solved, they don't want to solve them.
The last abortion SCOTUS passed is a shining example of that.
Democrats (voters) blame the SCOTUS, say it is because of conservative judges.
Not true. The SCOTUS can't write legislature. Ruth Ginsberg warned YEARS ago that if someone brought a case abortion back to the SCOTUS it would likely get overturned because congress did not codify it into law. They had 25 years to get it coded, even when the Democrats has a super majority - they never coded it into law.
And they still won't if they get the majority again! They have no intention of doing it because they use the abortion issue over and over to seal votes.
The same can be said of illegal immigration. Not a single Republican politician has any interesting in stopping illegal immigration, no matter how forcefully they campaign on it. The day there are no longer illegal immigrants flooding into the US on a daily basis is the day that Republicans no longer get elected.

The liberal media follows Joseph Goebbels #1 dictum: "if you tell a big lie often enough the people will accept it as truth.
Yet another NAZI maxim the Democratic Party has embraced.
Really??? :LOL: trump has elevated the art of lying about literally EVERYTHING to new levels, in spite of being disproven over and over ad nauseam, and his brain dead base, gleefully sucks it up!

Prime example: 60 FAILED law suits trying to prove he won in 2020.

You've got it completely backwards, as usual.:rolleyes:

To me, the hilarious part of this "poll"... is someone believes there is a candidate that seeks to protect your rights over elites.
HAHAHA

Much more likely to believe a candidate is trying to take rights away than protect them because protecting them would be very easy to do by just following the Constitution, looking at the Constitution as being about our individual rights over everything else except the bare minimum of protection for us as individuals, not listening to special interests.

And any time someone uses a phrase like "states' rights" to describe what they are for, they are automatically looking to not protect rights, but rather to allow states to stomp all over the rights of individuals and/or ignore where the feds actually do have Constitutional jurisdiction.

Each administration regardless of party, takes more of my rights away. No administration in my lifetime has ever increased my rights.

But FWIW, Republican administrations tend to take fewer rights away than Democratic ones.

Each administration regardless of party, takes more of my rights away. No administration in my lifetime has ever increased my rights.

But FWIW, Republican administrations tend to take fewer rights away than Democratic ones.
LOL! Yeah, the republican attack on womens rights is proof of that!

No, they don't. If you disagree, prove it, provide evidence of more of your rights going away under Democratic administrations compared to Republican ones.

For one thing, Republicans support "states' rights", which is always code for giving states the right to limit individual rights.

Last edited:
if

Candidate A is Trump then I vote A because he has already said he would take peoples rights away​

HE has said he is going to go on a REVENGE tour if re-elected.
I know he lies A LOT but liars do tell the truth once in a great while
Have a nice day

LOL! Yeah, the republican attack on womens rights is proof of that!

Overturning Roe was not an administrative action, but yes, that was a rare restoration of state's rights to set their own abortion policy.

Overturning Roe was not an administrative action, but yes, that was a rare restoration of state's rights to set their own abortion policy.
Again, states' rights has always been code for "we are taking away or restricting rights at the state level". "Civil War was about states' rights". Jim Crow laws were states rights. Restricting same sex marriage was mainly done at state level, claiming once again "states' rights". Interracial marriage restrictions were also states' rights.

I never mentioned Roe v Wade. How about Alabama axeing IVF? Pay attention.

In general I tend to think politicians are self serving and that protecting individual rights rather than strengthening their power is rare…so I'd say of the two, I'm more apt to believe a claim that any given candidate will restrict rights in some fashion.

More Democratic leaners (something like 70-80% depending on the rights in question) were likely to believe that Joe Biden would strengthen or preserve their rights than to believe that Donald Trump (50%-60% depending on the rights in question) would take their rights away.
Well, Trump is too incompetent to be able to succeed in taking rights away. Besides, he only has a vague idea of what U.S. rights ARE, never having read the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, etc. He does have Mein Kampf on his bedside table though. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom