• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Which Car Company Is Your Favorite?

Donkey1499

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I didn't list them all, but I put down some of the more popular ones. After your selection, write down which model is your favorite.

Dammit! I screwed up. I wanted a poll on here. It's Satan's fault!

Anywho, just write which make and model you like. And which ever year it is and any other specs you want. Anyways, just explain what your dream car would be.

I am a Mustang guy. Especially the 1965 Mustang Coupe. With forest green exterior and black leather interior. Whoa nelly!!! Now that's a car. It's got looks, speed, muscle, and almost better yet it's got history! And it's AMERICAN!!! Man, if you've ever heard one of those puppies rumble you'll never love any other car ever again. I'll almost guarantee that. It is a TRUE American Muscle car. When you drive one of those, you get all that raw power and it's like you're driving by the seat of your pants.

Bah! That Satan...always getting credit for all my hard work... :2razz:

I can add a poll for ya, Donkey. Just let me know what you want the options to be.

Donkey1499 said:
I didn't list them all, but I put down some of the more popular ones. After your selection, write down which model is your favorite.

I don't have a favorite car company but my favorite car is one that I can get for under a thousand dollars at a used car dealership(pre-owned accorsing to the pc car dealers) and last for almost a year with out any major problems.

amperage said:
I don't have a favorite car company but my favorite car is one that I can get for under a thousand dollars at a used car dealership(pre-owned according to the pc car dealers) and last for almost a year with out any major problems.

Well, Jamesrage, you and I do agree on the PC silly "male bovine feces" crap . Used (and privately)is all I ever buy now for the past 40 years; I have no favorite "car company" - maybe Honda - they are excellent..
We have two Saabs and one Honda in the family now..

jamesrage said:
I don't have a favorite car company but my favorite car is one that I can get for under a thousand dollars at a used car dealership(pre-owned accorsing to the pc car dealers) and last for almost a year with out any major problems.

Uh, it's not about being politically correct. I'd wager the marketing people figure they can get more money for a pre-owned car than they can for a used car.

afr0byte said:
Uh, it's not about being politically correct. I'd wager the marketing people figure they can get more money for a pre-owned car than they can for a used car.

I am sure if you asked anyone what pre-owned is they would state "used".

jamesrage said:
I am sure if you asked anyone what pre-owned is they would state "used".

You apparently don't understand marketing / politics. Calling something by a different name (a name that means the same thing) can often make that thing seem more appealing.

attribute said:
You apparently don't understand marketing / politics. Calling something by a different name (a name that means the same thing) can often make that thing seem more appealing.
But we are NOT all fools !
The marketers may think this and be correct in many cases, but I think there is a growing number of intelligent educated consumers out there..
Ford and GM apparently STILL don't "get it"..:3oops:

They must shed themselves of the fat and old ,overpaid upper management and the UAW.
Sadly, bankruptcy seems to the the inevitable route ..

I like lots of cars from lots of carmakers, can't see how I could give a specific answer.

earthworm said:
But we are NOT all fools !
The marketers may think this and be correct in many cases, but I think there is a growing number of intelligent educated consumers out there..
Ford and GM apparently STILL don't "get it"..:3oops:

They must shed themselves of the fat and old ,overpaid upper management and the UAW.
Sadly, bankruptcy seems to the the inevitable route ..

Tis the unions that bring down Ford and GM. Toyota (no union) gets a $2,000 profit off of each car they sell. While GM loses $1,600 on each car that is sold, because it goes to unions. Why do you think Ford and GM outsource their jobs to Mexico? So they don't have to pay into a union.

Donkey1499 said:
Tis the unions that bring down Ford and GM. Toyota (no union) gets a $2,000 profit off of each car they sell. While GM loses $1,600 on each car that is sold, because it goes to unions. Why do you think Ford and GM outsource their jobs to Mexico? So they don't have to pay into a union.

Partially agree, certainly disagree with the numbers - if they were so, GM would be but dust now.......
And that fact that the management is so overpaid and irrerponsible and ball-less at the same time...
After all they should know their business and how to read the reports.
GM's downfall started 40 years ago..
I used to hate big bad business (GM) , now I feel sorry for them.:3oops:

Donkey1499 said:
No poll, thank you. This is working out just fine. :mrgreen:

[pie]Well in that case.....down to Off Topic Discussion it goes.....[/pie]

earthworm said:
Partially agree, certainly disagree with the numbers - if they were so, GM would be but dust now.......
And that fact that the management is so overpaid and irrerponsible and ball-less at the same time...
After all they should know their business and how to read the reports.
GM's downfall started 40 years ago..
I used to hate big bad business (GM) , now I feel sorry for them.:3oops:

I only stated the car sales part, but if you include the profit it gets from NASCAR and other racing series, plus all the hats/jackets/tshirts they sell, then that keeps Ford and GM in business, barely.

Ford...specifically my 1994 F-250 7.3 DI Powerstroke Diesel.

BubbaBob

Donkey1499 said:
c'mon! There has to be ONE car you like more than another.
Nah, can't do it. Japanese rally-reps, Italianate supercars, American classics and muscle cars, European hot-hatches, German autobahn-storming saloons, I'm a proper petrol head, I like them all.

Last new car I got really hung up on was the Ferrari F360 CS. Sat in one at the motorshow, it was perfect. No carpets, no stereo, full race seats, so hardcore. Currently I want the Alfa Romeo Brera coupe, absolutely gorgeous.

http://www.alfaromeo.co.uk/brera/

Back
Top Bottom