• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where is your favorite vacation spot?

As long as I am with my wife and kids anywhere (almost, no war zones obviously or other problem locations) is the perfect place.
I have enjoyed many different types of vacations in many different places. I cannot say 1 place is necessarily beter than another. Who you are with and what you do is more important than where you are.

I have lots of favorites...and i happen to live in 3 of them... Vegas, Colombia ( southwest), and Texas Hill country.

Phuket is nice too... northern Minnesota in the spring/summer ( all 9 days of it)...for some odd reason, I like Casper Wyoming too.

in about an hour, i'll be on another great vacation .... the ROT rally in Austin. ( Republic of Texas biker rally)
the RV is already parked at the expo center.. the scooter is gassed and waxed...mamasan looks stunning.... and there's 3 days of debauchery, boozery, and general mayhem to be had

As long as I am with my wife and kids anywhere (almost, no war zones obviously or other problem locations) is the perfect place.
I have enjoyed many different types of vacations in many different places. I cannot say 1 place is necessarily beter than another. Who you are with and what you do is more important than where you are.

I appreciate your honesty...

Absolutely what we do and whom we do it with are important - enjoying those family members close to us, while they are still with us, is priceless...

I'm not married or have kids (yet), but hope to some day - the day that happens, I probably won't care either about where I am either, I will probably go where THEY want to go.... For instance, Disneyland would not be #1 on my list of vacation spots, but if my kids want to go there and take me on Roller Coasters (I hate roller coasters, lol), I will probably do it and enjoy every minute of it. So yes, enjoying those whom we care about is of paramount importance, because we never know when they may (God forbid) no longer be with us.

Actually, where we are (staying in the NOW) should also be #1 on our lists - for that is the only way to enjoy living with those whom we care about, imo... ;)

I appreciate your honesty...

Absolutely what we do and whom we do it with are important - enjoying those family members close to us, while they are still with us, is priceless...

I'm not married or have kids (yet), but hope to some day - the day that happens, I probably won't care either about where I am either, I will probably go where THEY want to go.... For instance, Disneyland would not be #1 on my list of vacation spots, but if my kids want to go there and take me on Roller Coasters (I hate roller coasters, lol), I will probably do it and enjoy every minute of it. So yes, enjoying those whom we care about is of paramount importance, because we never know when they may (God forbid) no longer be with us.

Actually, where we are (staying in the NOW) should also be #1 on our lists - for that is the only way to enjoy living with those whom we care about, imo... ;)

We should all enjoy the NOW as much as possible for who knows what tomorrow will bring.

We should all enjoy the NOW as much as possible for who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Very true, and very nicely stated! :thumbs:

Greetings, Quag! :2wave:

My, how sweet! :)

I live in the tropics so its pretty much warm and humid all year around except when it rains. When I take a vacation its usually to the northern latitudes for colder weather. Im actually thinking of spending a month in Europe late this year or next...

I live in the tropics so its pretty much warm and humid all year around except when it rains. When I take a vacation its usually to the northern latitudes for colder weather. Im actually thinking of spending a month in Europe late this year or next...

You are sooooo lucky!

in about an hour, i'll be on another great vacation .... the ROT rally in Austin. ( Republic of Texas biker rally)
the RV is already parked at the expo center.. the scooter is gassed and waxed...mamasan looks stunning.... and there's 3 days of debauchery, boozery, and general mayhem to be had[/QUOTE]

Yep, Im at the ROT too. Just left 6th street. Great place to party and people watch

But when I want to get away, the Bob Marshall Wilderness in Montana is the place to go

I have lots of favorites...and i happen to live in 3 of them... Vegas, Colombia ( southwest), and Texas Hill country.

Phuket is nice too... northern Minnesota in the spring/summer ( all 9 days of it)...for some odd reason, I like Casper Wyoming too.

the RV is already parked at the expo center.. the scooter is gassed and waxed...mamasan looks stunning.... and there's 3 days of debauchery, boozery, and general mayhem to be had
Damn, I wanna be you! :2wave:

I'm glad to be working at home, if I get hot, I have a pool, or I can work in my boxers

If you could pick a favorite vacation spot anywhere in the world, where would that be and why?

Mine is right where I live - the great state of Maine. Right now, it's 'bout 55 degrees F, with a light rain. :2razz:

No other place I'd rather be in the summer, weather wise - at least in the US....

Fishing is awesome this time of year, no smog or traffic congestion, all the lobster/seafood one can eat, plenty to do/see, people are real friendly, weather is impeccable, etc.

That's why I stand by Maine and our motto - "The Way Life Should Be." :mrgreen:

As your neighbor to the west/some south (NH) I spend a lot of time in Maine. Love the coast, love Moosehead Lake area, love it all. My only gripe about Maine is that they don't let dogs in the state parks (like Acadia), and the ocean is too damn cold & rocky for good beaching.

My favorite vacation spots:

Hawaii (been 3 times, best islands are Maui & Kauai)
Fiji (incredible)
Rio de Janeiro (fun & sin)
Austria (Vienna and anywhere in Tirol)
Switzerland (best food, best scenery)
Italy (I could live there)

I tend toward workaholicism. I don't vacation.

For me, vacation is home, in my recliner, watching ESPN.

If you could pick a favorite vacation spot anywhere in the world, where would that be and why?

Mine is right where I live - the great state of Maine. Right now, it's 'bout 55 degrees F, with a light rain. :2razz:

No other place I'd rather be in the summer, weather wise - at least in the US....

Fishing is awesome this time of year, no smog or traffic congestion, all the lobster/seafood one can eat, plenty to do/see, people are real friendly, weather is impeccable, etc.

That's why I stand by Maine and our motto - "The Way Life Should Be." :mrgreen:

The best vacations I ever had were at Starved Rock State Park in Illinois. You know, just looking back and thinking about "another time." Beautiful country, very unlike Illinois, a trusty German Shepherd dog at our sides, hiking, staying in a rustic cabin, up and down the hills and dunes, exploring the canyons and waterfalls. Just pure relaxation...

Who ever thinks "Illinois" when they see these pics?

Starved-Rock-State-Park.jpg

Waterfall%20Near%20LaSalle%20Canyon,%20Starved%20Rock%20State%20Park,%20Illinois.jpg

The best vacations I ever had were at Starved Rock State Park in Illinois. You know, just looking back and thinking about "another time." Beautiful country, very unlike Illinois, a trusty German Shepherd dog at our sides, hiking, staying in a rustic cabin, up and down the hills and dunes, exploring the canyons and waterfalls. Just pure relaxation...

Starved-Rock-State-Park.jpg

Waterfall%20Near%20LaSalle%20Canyon,%20Starved%20Rock%20State%20Park,%20Illinois.jpg

Clifty Falls is a nice place to camp out.

DNR: Clifty Falls State Park

The Ohio river is nearby, see some cigarette boats, barges being pushed by tugs, the Washington County Mansion, really interesting place.

Starved Rock is fantastic!

Pics are awesome, more pics please from everyone :)

Here are a few of pictures from Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts. I love taking the ferry there for a day vacation. You can rent scooters or bicycles and ride around the island. Last time, I rented bicycles. Next time I think I'm going to rent a scooter to see more of the island. :)

MV1.jpg

mv__1282052949_3147.jpg

Some of you might remember this scenery from the movie Jaws.

marthas_vineyardsl800.jpg

They're gorgeous but those icicles are a definite clue!:lol:

Here are a few of pictures from Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts. I love taking the ferry there for a day vacation. You can rent scooters or bicycles and ride around the island. Last time, I rented bicycles. Next time I think I'm going to rent a scooter to see more of the island. :)

Vacationed on the Vineyard and Cape Cod several times as a kid. It's a great vacation spot.

The first time we went there was (partly) because my father wanted to see the Chappaquiddick bridge. It was a year or two after Kennedy abandoned Kopechne and my introduction to politics!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom